Greasemonkey is botnet

Fucking kek, in addition to being a broken piece of shit it tracks you too. That makes all 3 userscript extensions botnet. It's time to take the webext pill.

Attached: grease.png (465x495, 68K)

Other urls found in this thread:

addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/userunified-script-injector/
github.com/violentmonkey/violentmonkey/blob/master/yarn.lock
old.reddit.com/r/firefox/comments/buahte/a_wave_of_malware_addons_hit_the_mozilla_firefox/
old.reddit.com/r/firefox/comments/cngyst/how_do_i_report_a_malware_extension/
old.reddit.com/r/firefox/comments/8jcubq/is_it_ok_for_addon_with_47k_users_to_inject/
old.reddit.com/r/firefox/comments/9axyre/how_can_we_be_expected_to_trust_extensions_when/
old.reddit.com/r/firefox/comments/737kze/mining_codes_been_discovered_in_two_reviewed/
openqa.opensuse.org/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Fuck

>not using violentmonkey
shiggy diggy

Use violentmonkey tard

>2016
>still using jizzmonkey

It's also pozzed, probably even worse.

Attached: vm.png (1094x525, 37K)

>not using Tampermonkey

Greasemonkey and Violentmonkey are at least open source last I checked. Tampermonkey however is proprietary.

Greasemonkey privacy policy there may not be a real problem especially as you can turn off telemetry / opt out.

so what are you trying to hide, anyway?

Proprietary pig disgusting. Get off this board.

I only use it to block Youtube 60FPS and it doesn't work on your tranny FOSS alternatives

firemonkey

>block Youtube 60FPS
why?

mozilla made a rule that addons need to match source to be published, didn't they?
so wheres the telemetry exactly in greasemonkey's source?
I'm using GM because no browser reviews extensions anymore so I just use whats more popular and prey for the best
it has like twice the number of users from #2

Because he's some poorfaggot using a Thinkpad from 2005 that'll explode if he doesn't.

Why does it need to spy in the first place?

>b-but it was on github

Use USI

addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/userunified-script-injector/

wtf how is this allowed

somebody PLEASE fork this and remove the tracking!!!!!

show proof of tracking in the source code or in the extension
youre probably a shill for that closed source proprietary botnet extension

no way dude, i'd use violentmonkey or greasemonkey over the tamper one anytime

it's just that tracking in OSS isn't acceptable either, but I guess its the lesser of the two evils in comparison to proprietary software.

And i havent gone through the code yet, just responding to the privacy policy that the user i replied to posted (and i checked their site and confirm that part of the policy actually exists)

FUCK GOOGLE AND MOZILLA NOT REVIEWING ADDON CODE
YOU CANT TRUST A SINGLE ADDON
THEY WILL ALL GET SOLD TO THE BOTNET
AND YOU GET AN UPDATE THAT FUCKS YOUR SHIT UP

Actually, looking at the code briefly, the yarn.lock file does include the "workbox-google-analytics" package: github.com/violentmonkey/violentmonkey/blob/master/yarn.lock

but since it's not referenced in the code, i'm not sure how it's being used. i havent worked with javascript much, not sure whether or not packages can be automatically "activated" when installed into your project

i want proof for greasemonkey

Mozilla does review addon code. They also ban developers that do not follow their terms of use which specifically excludes malware and addons which include elements that were not disclosed or hidden. The webextensions APIs block addons from doing virtually anything without first disclosing what they're going to do.

they manually review occasionally at best or post factum
if you follow leddit/r/firefox you must have seen several times this process failed and a lot of malware got throught (just like chrome)
its like having npm in your browser ready to fuck you up
>The webextensions APIs block addons from doing virtually anything without first disclosing what they're going to do.
so an extension like greasemonkey that have full permissions, whats stopping an update that loads an image (thats how many malware sends user data back) or injects malicious scripts in all pages (except the blacklist)? nothing

>they manually review occasionally
No they do it for every single update. If you've ever followed the development of ublock you'd know new versions on Firefox used to lag behind Chromium because Mozilla reviews every update. I believe they've improved the review phase somewhat by automating the process for small simple extensions but large ones like ublock still get manually reviewed.

>so an extension like greasemonkey that have full permissions, whats stopping an update that loads an image (thats how many malware sends user data back) or injects malicious scripts in all pages (except the blacklist)?
The fact that any addon has to be manually reviewed before it can be published and trying to do that would almost certainly get you banned and your extension pulled. The fact that addons have to be signed means your addon can be blacklisted and removed from any users machines even if it somehow slipped through.

u can use h264ify for that.

How stylish managed to infect everyone then?

>Add-ons are reviewed manually, just after the initial approval. I don't like it but I can't do much about it.
old.reddit.com/r/firefox/comments/buahte/a_wave_of_malware_addons_hit_the_mozilla_firefox/
old.reddit.com/r/firefox/comments/cngyst/how_do_i_report_a_malware_extension/
old.reddit.com/r/firefox/comments/8jcubq/is_it_ok_for_addon_with_47k_users_to_inject/
old.reddit.com/r/firefox/comments/9axyre/how_can_we_be_expected_to_trust_extensions_when/
old.reddit.com/r/firefox/comments/737kze/mining_codes_been_discovered_in_two_reviewed/

>Mozilla switched from a "review first, publish second" to a "publish first, review second" model in 2017. Any extension uploaded to Mozilla AMO that passes automated checks is published first with the exception of extensions of the Firefox Recommended Extensions program.

Oh, well my mistake then. I remember that was one thing they were stubborn about its a shame they've relaxed that. If you look at AMO they've started marking addons as "recommend" which apparently means they've been reviewed by Mozilla though.

Man you really have to watch every step when using computers. Behind every corner there's someone spying on you. Fuck this shit.

oh and I'd like to add one more thing, I think it's impossible to keep all extensions reviewed and I don't blame mozilla for that
BUT they should have an alternative like popular extensions should always require FULL manually review for updates even if it takes months
they could have channels like a master branch that only get bugfixes and small patches so they be quickly reviewed and published, and a development channel with a publish option that triggers the long review process
users who dont care about security could set a flag to bypass and get any updates if they dont care
yes it makes harder to climb and get more users but security matters more
im sure something could be done, it all depends how much the budget for this is or if its viable/good idea to e.g. if they are desperate they could accept money from new extensions to place them in a priority list (the idea of community push+innovation vs not hindering commercial extensions)
it should have clear "badges" in the addon page indicating the kind of review each extension has

>last updated: 2 years ago

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (367x476, 37K)

everyone trying to make a living is a botnet according to this retarded board

One thing that is different compared to older addons is that these new ones require user intervention if there's a drastic change between versions. Developers cannot create a simple extension that does one thing and then slip in a huge "update" that changes everything and is essentially malware. The permissions system requires user input every time so users can be tipped off to suspicious updates like that. However a large extension like greasemonkey could be corrupted easily if no one is paying attention. You have to be mindful of every change.

There are better, more ethical jobs than selling crack or spying on people.

Great, and I had just started using violentmonkey two days ago
Guess its a goodbye for 4chanX

open source is filled with really knowledgeable and smart people trying to barely get by and the beneficiaries off open source are attacking them. This has become disgusting tbqh. The examples are countless and depressing

AND ONE MORE THING BECAUSE IM DRUNK
they could also have an openqa.opensuse.org/ equivalent for the most popular addons that install and monitors then for a certain period of time
and combine this with an option where the community could help by publishing a diff for every new update and people +1 or flag it
they wont list to suggestions so im just daydreaming here fuck the botnet i want out

mayb show a diff of the update if im a developer or sumtin rig
then i click ok or flag directly in the mozarella browse

Open source is a meme. Free software is where it's at.

open source is a meme? what a retard, the entire internet became what it is now ONLY thanks to open source

>the entire internet became what it is now ONLY thanks to open source
it became a botnet because of open source and not being free software
makes sense

So? It works great and doesn't have trackers in it.

i'm using tampermonkey. at least tell me this one isn't kiked.

It's proprietary so it's kiked by default.

>the proprietary one
>not kiked
merely pretending?

Attached: 1484602733764.jpg (581x654, 71K)

everyone (normies) cars about cars, no one cares about roads, until they can't drive on them

>as you can turn off telemetry / opt out.
How do you do that?

extensions badly need a permission for "sending data to domains other than what's in the tab"

yep, and it needs to be separate from 'all_urls'. That catch-all rule is the reason for all this shit

The Laura of Wet Blankets enters the thread.

Instead of participating in thread discussion, this Laura just wants to point out that you're currently at the edge of the board and about to die. =^_^=

Attached: Laura.png (189x274, 75K)