This is going to be the best distro ever

This is going to be the best distro ever.

Attached: mx.png (1920x1080, 994K)

Why?

This is going to be yet another useless Debian fork.

>Implying it isn't already

At least screen tearing will be gone since XFCE 4.14 fixed that finally.

at least its better than ubuntu

>"patito feo"

Odd to name a distro "ugly duckling" but alright.

>xfce
>based on debian STABLE
>systemd

This guy is right.

why is everyone and their grandma shitting out distros nowadays?
if Debian is too hard, install Ubuntu
if Ubuntu is too hard or you hate Canonical, install Mint
simple as

What if I hate mint

It's a beta.

It uses sysvinit, not systemd.

Was about time.

Some of us prefer stock experiences that differ from Debian. Sure, you could install Debian and change you DE and init system, and your core utils, but the point of child distros is to eliminate having to go through a lot of the trouble. I use vanilla Debian myself, but I like the fact that I have so many stock options at my disposal.

"pato" is also slang for "faggot".
"patito" would be "little faggot".
"feo" is the masculine form of "ugly".

ergo, MX's new distro is aptly named, "ugly little faggot".
I like it. Will upgrade.

I see MX is ranked first on Distrowatch. Is the hype justified?

>yet another distribution that achieves absolutely fucking nothing and brings the same to the table

Still better than arch.

Arch has every characteristic of a distribution that achieves nothing so I don't understand why would you argue which one is less shit

>trillion gorrilion billion distros that are all broken
>just one windows that works

Just another case of Lingooks being delusional as always.

Attached: DimpledWearyChimneyswift-size_restricted.gif (500x281, 438K)

>cluttered design
>misaligned icons
>retarded clock widget
>0 7AM 29
>don't dead open inside

>windows
>works
Barely.

no, I'm pretty sure every MX Lunix installation is part of a botnet that pings the distrowatch page on intervals to keep their distro at the top.

There's no way there's that many people interested in this shitty distro.

Is that Plasma? If so, based. If not, unbased.
When will you niggers understand that the difference between distros is literally nothing, when DEs mean all the changes. The only difference between ubuntu gnome and fedora gnome is the package manager (and as a result, some program names). Stop distro kvetching and just stick with something.

It's Xfce not Plasma. I'm running MX Linux 19 with Plasma and it looks damn sexy

I'll believe it when I see it

Devuan and MX offer alternative init systems

Tell me one thing I'd gain from using MX over Kubuntu.
Hard mode: no >muh updates
I wouldn't still be on 18.10 if I cared about bleeding edge software

I jumped ship from Kubuntu not 6 months ago. My two main problems are that 32bit libs are going away (we will see which are left in for wine and steam) and apt packages are being replaced by snap packages. If you don't care about either of these then feel free to continue using Kubuntu.

As of July 18, 2019, Ubuntu 18.10 has reached the end of its support cycle.

We strongly urge all users of 18.10 to upgrade to Ubuntu 19.04 for support through January 2020 and also Ubuntu 19.10, codenamed Eoan Ermine, in October 2019 which will also be supported for 9 months.

Ubuntu 18.10 will no longer receive any support from this point forward. Packages will not be updated any further, and packages in the Ubuntu Backports PPA for 18.10 will be removed if they haven’t been already. Additionally, if you have added the backports PPA, it is highly recommended that you remove the PPA prior to upgrading using the instructions.

Oh no. I won't get the new packages I haven't bothered installing anyways.

Nah, they lost the moment they dropped kde.

(nice)
Sir, you do not understand. Your version is *UNSUPPORTED*. You're risking getting hacked. Tell you what, I will provide an incentive for you. I am prepared to offer you 1 (one) Ubuntu© Official Mousepad if you will agree to update today. Sir, please do the needful and agree, I live on commissions. If I don't get another two more upgrades by the end of the week I will lose my job. Please sir, upgrade today. It's important for both our sakes.

Kashmir belongs to Afghanistan. I will provide you western maps proving India is unlawfully claiming lands that don't belong to it as per your request. Long live the British empire

you don't say why, hence the issue likely lies with you and your insatiable lust for distro hopping.

why do people who make this stuff not understand that no one needs their soon to be abandoned second year cs student hobby "totally not ubuntu!!" debian fork which is effectively a skin and a couple of modified default settings

the linux userbase is fragmented enough as it is, 23 new debian based distros every year isn't helping

this

There have been hoards of shitty distros around forever. Shit, people are shilling mint now - i remember when mint first came out and it was just a stupid ubuntu skin and why bother with it.

>not gentoo
>not arch
>not nix
Another debian or arch clone with a new package mem-er and no reason for existing.

Attached: EDQBrC2XkAIGtQj.png (637x514, 182K)

this
why would i use this instead of debian

Unlike most of the other 9273 Debian-based distros, it doesn't use systemd. (I think it's still got systemd installed for dependency purposes, though. If you don't want systemd anywhere near your computer, maybe try antiX/Devuan if you still want something Debian-based - or you could install Gentoo.)

what is devuan

there should only be 3 linux distros - debian, fedora and gentoo. any other (((distro))) might as well be install script for newbs like clover.

>updates
rofl you know you can add new repos to sources.list, right?

Attached: 1243247377546.png (400x400, 7K)

Baby don't hurt me

It does, even with broken code, even with pirated shit, even with barely working hardware. Windows just works.

At this point it's like you wanna improve Ak47 or 1911. Or the diesel motor. Some shit are just too good to improve or replace.

MX, Debian done right.

>systemd
no. I think that is included, but the default is sysvinit

>windows works
>"we're going to let people refresh their pc over the cloud because people have to fix their horribly broken windows so fucking much"
HAHAHAHAHHA

That's correct.

>a great community
a circle of arrogant nerds ready to mock and demean anybody who don't just get it

Attached: 1563074806640.jpg (493x368, 24K)

Be a good goy

This actually brings up a good question I've been meaning to ask, do you guys prefer your taskbar at the bottom, top, left, or right?

That picture would have been so much better without the retarded subtitles.

Top, set to autohide.

Debian with sysv instead of systemd

is that piece of shit out yet? I avoided using it specifically because of that