Ive been wanting to make a videogame with a game engine but have come to realize its pointless without a team

ive been wanting to make a videogame with a game engine but have come to realize its pointless without a team.
I dont want to be that guy that spends 5 years making a 2d fancy platformer game and then nobody downloads it.

Attached: y0omgt14vl111.jpg (960x720, 161K)

Give up

If you're not willing to do that, then you shouldn't be a game designer. It means you don't have a passion for it.

Instead of making a videogame, learn how to write the software that makes videogames
It's way more fun and for small engines one person is enough
Or ask a friend to help you, if you have any

I wish i had friends to develop with,but here nobody wants to write something fun

Making videogames is the same as being an artist. You have to enjoy the long hours spent alone just making stuff and you have to be really good at spamming your shit on social media in order to get people to look at it.

You don't make a game for people to download. You make a game because you want to make it, then you make it available and move on to the next game. Ppl playing it is optional. You aren't EA so it doesnt matter if ppl play your shitty anime doctor sim

Also this, developing >> being famous
You will get there someday,but you can't pretend to be the next big corporate from the start shit ain't easy especially when talking about videogames

Here, follow these very simple and logical rules that I can't believe you can't figure out yourself:
Find a decent job. Work on games in your off time. If you don't like it, you won't like being a developer.
Hate to break it to you, but most (most) dev jobs are shit. You'll be left working long unpaid hours to " prove your worth" just to be laid off and replaced by a kid with a full sail degree. Let the cycle continue.

...when your ideas are good, the team will gather by itself, dont worry, start you project, and when the people like it, people do want to work on it ...

...post idea of game.

I had a friend. We became close. She was one of those people who isn't really interested in other people, but just interested in her projects. Eventually, I became a bore with my constant attempts to try and coax her out of her shell. She would always push me away in favor of working on some game idea or a video critique of some sort.

Eventually I was just an interruption from her working on her projects, and one day I said out of annoyance that I was tired of trying to be her friend. She's never contacted me since, hey, hope you make a great videogame. 'Cause you lost out on a great friend.

You either want to make a game or you don't. I want to be a cool indie game developer, and a friend told me once, "you are an indie game developer, you're just not doing your job"

the idea for the game is a turn based strategy similar to fire emblem.
The story revolves around the wars between the Israelites and the caanites but with a twist.
The leader of the caanites is a woman, a cult prostitute and the caanites are a warrior tribe that wants to enslave other tribes and worship the god of fertility, baal as opposed to the israelites which are hard working and restrainted.
Id add mythical creatures from the bible too like the anunakies, the cherubim and chimera and itd be like ecchi kind of.

Attached: 42711-829687894.png (516x686, 330K)

yeah well maybe you should get a hobby or something, because as someone who also works constantly your attitude can be very annoying.

How I into write an engine tho. A simple one would be fine. Handmade hero? I'm very interested in his project, but it's like 5 years of material. And it's in C. Is that practical?

Thanks this'll be great for my next game jam.

I have hobbies, I also take time to talk to people who are my friends. It's not too much to ask to find a balance. If you *just* work and have no time for friends and family, don't be surprised when you're alone for the final hour.

Make a lewd text adventure game that appeals to degenerate fetishes, let the patreon dosh roll in.

man you really are one bitter incel
just get over it bro

A simple shoot em up engine should be fine for getting started

Look a first word in my previous post. It's "how"

open your text editor and start programming

Depends what kind of engine you want to write. Either way I suggest not bothering with Handmade Hero if you value you time

>her
trannies arent women

>write an engine
STOP! This is a trap. You will never write a game if you start with the engine. Just use RPG maker

Attached: 1557027271044.png (328x202, 49K)

i had spare time before my new semester start so i started working on a simple top down rpg engine with pygame, as of now i made a random scenary generator and a weapon builder. next on the list are the npcs

>write an engine
You don't. Most game engines are developed by teams of experienced developers. If you want to make a game it is better to just use an existing engine and simply make your game!

You don't need an "engine" to make a game you can just pick up a program language and write your game if it's simple enough

Jow Forums will screech about this (and with good reason) but if you can't make a game otherwise you might as well settle for godot or if you're a nigger, unity
night of revenge is made in unity after all, I believe hollow knight is as well

Attached: agdg engine guide fixed.png (943x643, 28K)

the 2d platformers are made by latte-drinking hipster basedboys (and then no one downloads it, because there are hundreds of them).
save yourself the effort.

no one fucking cares, you're just too uninteresting to be able to talk to, which is sad considering that even a woman probably had deeper interests than you
>great friend
lmao dude she doesn't miss you at all

U nigger

Okay frens I will use godot

Look up the basics and start wrapping the library functions in your own functions. Then start programming and adding features and fixing bugs. You’ll have an engine in a few months maybe but don’t rush it, you can even take breaks from it for months at a time otherwise you’ll wind up hating it.