Lottery winning chances

I cleverly used the random library in Python to generate random lottery numbers and I'm just curious what are my chances to win, anons.

I'm really optimistic about this.

Attached: 1*ZXixptvL4rzkx3EDuj38xw.jpg (1600x1068, 403K)

Other urls found in this thread:

thehustle.co/the-man-who-won-the-lottery-14-times
youtube.com/watch?v=3WYHtQprLaA
random.org/integers/
mathsisfun.com/data/probability.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Same as if you went out and bought a ticket (unless you are one of those people who believe you can predict future numbers by analyzing previous lotto results)

you would have to recreate a simulation of the balls being drawn to get a mean on the numbers, as well a previous data sets. AKA PI IS TOO WEAK.

They are pretty fucking low and you can't even cheat because the numbers are extracted by hand

dont listen this is crab, op. Put all your money into your python toy.

99/100

> human interaction causes cheating to be impossible

Yes, because the process of number extraction (here at least) it's pretty security heavy and they are done in a time window where you can't bet on your numbers before they get to the public,also they store everything under a safe and the shuffling itself is done via an empty plastic ball where inside are the numbers being shuffled by compressed air
Good luck predicting that

In my country the lottery company allows you to bet on random numbers. As in, you tick the "random" box and the numbers are selected for you.
AFAIK the last guy to win the jackpot here bet on random numbers.

>I cleverly used the random library in Python to generate random lottery numbers
So you generated six or seven random numbers.
Good job.

Here the last guy who won was like 1 month ago,13m €
Poor guy,he is going to be taxed really hard

Thanks anons. Love your thoughts and I appreciate your help

Use the most used numbers per position and you can get something close to what you desire.

there was this Romanian guy who managed to game the lottery using maths.

He found there were some lotteries that paid out more than the correct probability. So he remortgaged his house and bought every single lottery ticket with every possible combination.

You still take the risk that you would have to split the winnings which would create trouble

American lotteries protect against this buy forcing people to buy lottery tickets in person but if you could find a place that didn't you'd be okay

eg if a powerball winning is 700 million and it's one in 300 million odds at $2 a ticket, you could spend 600 million on the tickets and net a 100 million dollar profit on the winnings assuming you were the only winner

>I'm really optimistic about this
As is everybody who plays the lottery. It's statistically not worth trying unless you have insider data.

The lottery numbers of actual games are generated by special computer algorithms. They appear random, but they're not.

Beign taxed for 13m euro, its better than being taxed for what ever shit salary you got user.

What's the reasoning for this, as opposed to generating random numbers or having someone pick them out of a hat? Wouldn't the latter be more fair?

Honestly, playing the lottery with just $2 is fun just for the quick rush that I might get something. Nothing more, nothing less.

>implying anyone with 600 million in disposable income would do this
>implying taxes wouldn’t take a huge chunk out of that 700 mil

Not an argument

They literally pick them with physical balls though, it's a whole big thing.

Only the profit would be taxed.

>I cleverly used the random library in Python
import random
numbers = [1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,0]
win_numbers_derp = []
for n in range(len(numbers)):
l = len(numbers)
r = random.randint(0, l - 1)
win_numbers_derp.append(numbers[r])
print 'lottory win number DERP!: ' + str(win_numbers_derp)

Attached: 1513327594239.jpg (800x729, 127K)

Interesting things to watch:

The Lottery: Last Week Tonight with John Oliver (HBO):
The story of the romanian guy ():
thehustle.co/the-man-who-won-the-lottery-14-times

IDubbbz Take on it (edgy humour):
youtube.com/watch?v=3WYHtQprLaA

>John Cuckliver
no thanks

>and I'm just curious what are my chances to win, anons.
The same as you putting your birthday down as the numbers.

Gambling is a tax on the dumb.

There's nothing clever about this.

>I'm really optimistic about this.
That's the most important part. If you believe something is easy, it will be easy.

Most people believe it's hard to win the lottery, so they never do.

No, the 700mil would be taxed. You cant claim capital gains on a fucking lottery win.

Probability 101:
It's possible for someone to win the lottery.
It's not possible for you to win the lottery.

My country (EU) has special lottery taxation rules. I think they take slightly more than half of your winnings.

I feel like this is fucking cheating, because nobody I talk to about this isn't aware of it. They probably wouldn't play if they knew the jackpot was 45% of the advertised one.. at least many of them wouldn't.

Seriously man, fuck governments and fuck taxation. We need a bitcoin lottery.

Yes, but you can deduct your $600m of gambling losses.

Holy fuck and I thought our 30% here was theft!

Stupid tax

Jesus christ I hate his jew rat face.

Just spend all your pay each month on tickets. Youre bound to win something

def request_fingerprint(self, request):
return request_fingerprint(request)

OOP is a disease

>Youre bound to win something
Lol

Doing it all wrong.

Random library is NSA compromised and won't generate sufficiently random numbers anyway.

I'm working on a program to scrape previous winning number sets from Oz Lotteries and it then uses these numbers to generate tickets consisting purely of previous winning numbers or random numbers derived from the winning number sets.

Chainlink is a scam.

Attached: 1567238414043.jpg (640x756, 86K)

In the US, most of the lottery games have computer-picked numbers. This is public info, so no conspiracy. For the games that supposedly have the numbers picked by machines, they either don't show them on video or they don't show the entire process of the numbers being picked. Whether they're really picked randomly or the whole process is just a stage illusion is anyone's guess.

>Random library is NSA compromised
Highly doubtful, most likely it draws random numbers from the OS itself.

>I'm working on a program to scrape previous winning number sets from Oz Lotteries and it then uses these numbers to generate tickets consisting purely of previous winning numbers or random numbers derived from the winning number sets.
Even if they used a pseudo random number generator (why would they?) the sample size is most likely far too small for any meaningful result.

>Holy fuck and I thought our 30% here was theft!
The usual rate for smaller winnings is 25%, but it becomes over 50% if the winning is above 75.000 euros.

And nobody cares, since nobody knows. They usually find out when they win a larger sum.

In the past there was no lottery tax

I recently thought if you were to go for these things, going for the biggest one is generally pointless if you just want an easy life. The smaller ones are theoretically far easier to win(Still all but impossible but just for sake of argument) any way you slice it, right? Do people really need more than 1k a week for life? I dunno. Even 500 is probably enough in most places.

How have governments not been put in jail for outright theft yet?
Why does the government think they are entitled to your winnings?
Seriously what the fuck?

I've got news for you. They usually steal 50% of your wage too.

Lets say an employer pays you 2000 EUR per month. You actually cost the employer over 4000 EUR, since has to pay...
>taxes 20-40% usually
>fees for health insurance 10-25%
>fees for pension insurance 10-25%

It's usually about 50% lol

It's not about fairness at all. The government just wants the people's money. The lottery games with 6 numbers used to have better odds. They reduced the odds of winning by making the 6th number chosen from a separate set of numbers. I don't see why they had to do this other than for the reason of extracting more money out of poor people.

>The smaller ones are theoretically far easier to win

Probably not since the numbers are generated through computer algorithms that aren't made public.

>I don't see why they had to do this other than for the reason of extracting more money out of poor people.
Higher jackpots. Many people wouldn't even bother playing for 1.000.000 jackpots nowadays. It has to be at least 6.000.000.

>cleverly used
>to generate random lottery numbers
random.org/integers/

Nowadays everybody wanna talk, like they got something to say.

Then you're 50% gets taxed again through your own income tax, and sales tax

But nothing comes out when they move their lips; just a bunch of gibberish

In my country, the employer pays your income tax. This way the average person is unaware of how much he is getting robbed.

Once I tell them that it's at least 50%, they start laughing at me. Governments love ignorance.

>eg if a powerball winning is 700 million and it's one in 300 million odds at $2 a ticket, you could spend 600 million on the tickets and net a 100 million dollar profit on the winnings assuming you were the only winner
this does not make sense. so the lottery company is loosing 100 million every week?

he is using Python. Do you actually expect him to have a brain? Probably uni-student that picked it up "because it's eeazy" kek

Subservience through coercion. Smart of them I guess

Jackpots aren't growing fast enough. I think many people are becoming skeptical.

You are assuming there's a cap to how many tickets are bought.

The business owners are aware of it all (how much the taxes are, what the percentages are etc). But they are a small voting block in here, so the governments decided to hide the facts from the working class..

Again, I get accused of over-exaggeration when I bring up those facts. People look at me as if I am some kind of conspiracy-moron like Alex Jones.

good, the rich should be taxed

>good, the rich should be taxed
Nobody should be taxed. Nobody should receive any benefits.

We are literally interfering with evolution. Tax the productive ones (so they have less resources for their own children) to give it to the low IQ morons who breed like hamsters.

In the past you could bed the wife of your newlywed "employees" on their wedding night.

Why do some people think it's about "us verses them"? They are being elected by you! If you don't like any of them, just run yourself. Let people vote for you if you're so sure you're the better candidate. You're living in a democracy.

>they were elected by you
Are you implying he has administrative power which can grant office just by his will?

God damn. Some people are really braindead in this board. Go back to your Rust or something

inb4 I was just pretending to be retarded

>You're living in a democracy.
Pretend democracy. Notice how Trump supporters are all pissed now? Why is that? Because he didn't fulfil any of his promises.
>still no wall
>immigration all time high
>talks about banning gun violence
>talks about new "hate speech" laws to fight against anti-semitism

He turned on his base and ends up being worse than Obama. But, you can't feel angry, since you've """voted for him""". It's YOUR fault lol.

George Carlin: “If you vote, you have no right to complain”

the problem is that in capitalism majority of money isn't because the individual was productive but other means (luck, inheritance, etc..)

>productive ones
Sorry sweaty but most programmers are not productive. Only the top tier ones working for the government or infrastructure. Street cleaners are more needed than webdevs and mobile apps.

not only that, but for example I don't see myself being productive by forgetting that I bought bitcoin in 2014 and finding it a few months ago, then selling for 200k

With proper safeguards, yes. If you're very specifically only allowed to do ONE thing, it's generally not too hard for people watch and ensure that's what you do. Sleight of hand doesn't work with "reach in here and pick up a thing".

Same reason physical voting is and always will be more secure than electronic voting.

Taxes are used to maintain infraestructure like roads, public parks, traffic signs, etc.

You first-world anarchists have no idea how good you have it and take a lot of shit for granted. While it is true that the State mismanaged millions of dollars per year and some taxes are spent on useless stuff, but eliminating taxes altogether wouldn't be a good solution at all.

>NO ITS NOT FAIR
>I DESERVE that money I randomly won
lmao
Lotteries only exist to feed money into governments. It's the only reason they're not outlawed anywhere.

That said, taxes on lottery winners is disguisting. The lottery wins billions of dollars yearly and most of that money goes directly to the State (hence why it's called "the tax of the poor.") Taxing lottery winners is essentially the State double-dipping on the lottery money which is frankly disgusting.

Attached: 1557512781193.gif (400x267, 176K)

you're confusing anarchism and anarcho-capitalism. anarchism is literally communism (well, the last step of communism is anarchism, to be exact)

>evolution
Evolution is a very slow and easy to manipulate greedy algorithm. Let's get rid of it.

It's not really evolution nowadays. It's more breeding (like "dog breeding").

We are breeding fucking imbeciles for a world that should be 90% automated in 20-40 years from now..

And it's all fuelled by greed:
>politicians greed for more power and higher tax revenue
>corporations greed for higher GDPs and more consumers
>senile fucks greed for higher pensions

greed, greed, greed... Nobody believe in reincarnation (which is true btw), so they think "somebody else" is going to inherit the shit they leave behind.

>imbeciles
Part of society, just like you.
>should be
*might be, you're in no position to say 'should' concerning society.
>greed
Look around, the American economy is based on turning potential energy into money. So, greed, lust, anger, and more of what poor people have in large supplies. Going up the chain you exploit influence, education, dignity... I recommend you stick to your religion and follow the law, you'll be less stressed and happier this way. You're not a politician, so stop worrying.

>You're not a politician, so stop worrying.
I am not worrying. I am just explaining some of my ideas about the current state of society and about our future.

It is very obvious that nobody thinks about the future. That's the problem with atheism and religions. Atheists think they'll be nonexistent, whereas religious people think they'll be in some sort of heaven. Both wrong. Both use phantasies to avoid the truth, they will inherit the future they've helped create...

I don't see how Christianity ignores the future when in fact it is our sole duty to save ourselves, spread the word, and help save others. We view the world and all living non-human things as creations of God, gifts to us. We must value them and our bodies and minds. The world we leave behind must be better than was yesterday.

If you'll not inherit it, you wont care about it, no matter how much you pretend otherwise.

It's just human nature. We don't need to pretend, we can just look at the results "western christian boomers" have left behind...
>low birthrates
>debt for their grandchildren
>high immigration
>mindless consumerism
>sea pollution
>climate change

Now they even have the balls to deny climate change lol

Don't forget that if you do not take your jackpot anonymously, and in some cases you can't, every charity under the blue sky wants some of it. And believe me, nobody audits charities

I'm not a western christian boomer. I'm not even 'western'. Of course I truly believe or else my prayers would not be answered and my soul would be doomed. Being born is a damnation, we are only here because Adam and Eve were exiled. And even though Jesus died to rid us of the Original Sin, life on Earth is nothing but a struggle to repent. I would not like to live twice.

Relatives would be probably worse than charity. I play only online. I wouldn't disclose to anyone that I've won.

I'd just lie that one of my "app ideas" gives me passive income etc..

Not that I wouldn't mind helping out relatives. But if they knew you had millions on your bank account, they'd just leech off of you until the money is gone.

What's wrong with helping relatives? Family is all you got. Granted, as long as you are helping them and not buying uncle jim that super ryzen build.

I am telling you my real world experience in a christian country. Most people don't give a fuck about the future, yet they call themselves believers. You can see it by their actions.

First of all, 5 million would be enough for you to live without working into old age. It is not enough for 10 people, specially if they raise their living standards (which they would).

I would help them out in a way that would be sustainable. Opening some business and employing them. Investing money in their ideas etc.

50/50
You win or you don't win. That all the odds there are.

Attached: 1344784520120.jpg (715x677, 91K)

mathsisfun.com/data/probability.html

no

if you guess some of the numbers of the ticket you win something too

Sure, lemme just mortgage my house to raise 600 million dollars.

*Split with someone else. Lose 300 million.

Oh well

where in europe are you taxed on winnings? Germany is tax free

i too, can write a rng

>they appear random, but they're not
that would be more than stupid, if its not as random as possible it would have a pattern, you could predict it

>I'm working on a program to scrape previous winning number sets from Oz Lotteries and it then uses these numbers to generate tickets consisting purely of previous winning numbers or random numbers derived from the winning number sets.
not gonna work, previous numbers? for most lotteries, no combination was picked two times, for some there is a combination that was picked two times but i would bet that it will picked a third time, so its probably better to bet on a combination that wasnt yet picked, which gives your 120million minus ~400 or so possibilities

random numbers from the derived winning sets also doesnt increase your probability, its pretty much the same as just random in range(0, 50) or something

If you knew enough python to do that, you can also write a counter that simulates how many times you'd have to play the lottery to win the lowest tier prize.

>Pytard thinks he can win the lottery
If you were smart you'd realize it is more fiscally sound to get a job with those skills and invest.

Nice trips.

Here in italy lottery prizes are given in special gold coins from the state mints that to be converted in euro or another currency must go trough taxes. Basically they are a coin that no one other than the state mint can convert to money.

Pretty big : 50/50.
Eather you win or you don't :)