Previous thread:
>Read
>GNU/Linux questions?
>PC building?
>Programming questions?
>Good, cheap, laptops?
>Cheap electronics?
>Buying headphones?
>How to activate any version of Windows?
>Where can I get Win 7 or LTSC?
pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
pastebin.com/quC0gz4j
pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt

Attached: sqt-owo.jpg (2800x4100, 1.37M)

Other urls found in this thread:

addictivetips.com/web/find-search-query-url-for-search-engines/
keepass.info/help/base/cmdline.html
ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/V2b3zY
github.com/bibanon/eve
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

No idea, but I've also had tons of issues with the 5700. I think the card is just too new. The actual support for it will apparently be coming in kernel version 5.3, which is not officially out yet (still just some rc releases).

Are you root?

It's likely selinux. You can disable selinux and see if that gives you access. You should reenable it after you are done.

Should i buy an adapter or should buy a enclosure for HDDs to do simple data recovery and transfer?

2.5" Enclosures are cheap but wont be useful for all the kind of jobs i will do.
3.5" Enclosures are somewhat expensive.
and a SATA adapter is a few bucks more than a 2.5" Enclosure and would let me do both.
A dock is way is more expensive than all the other options and out my budget.

Attached: ugreen adapter.jpg (1001x1001, 64K)

>$20-30 USB 3.0 dock is "way more expensive"

What the fuck am I reading. Just buy a dock

Wtf user you were right, I'm literally already getting replies. Are soft skills really this desired in IT?

Yes. Half the job is dealing with people. Companies coped with the shitty attitude IT had for years because people skilled in it were few and far between but now tons are getting into the market, demanding more and more, and companies can get picky with workers. Arrogance no longer need apply in this industry.

TLDR: I live in Mexico.

Enclosures are $18-26.
Docks start at $40.
Chink ones with bad reviews are $14 but lots of bad reviews.
Budget, $28.

>Why so low
I need to restock on everything else so that is what i have left(Paste, isopropyl, flux, solder, etc).

So Jow Forums, after tonight's winblows update my search bar is completely broken, and when I try to search something this shit happens. I restored winblows to before the update but I'm still having this issue and I have no idea what to do

Attached: this-is-AIDS.png (910x692, 114K)

I figured it out, I'm using O&O Shutup 10 to disable all the tracking/spying shit and the software no longer works when having certain settings enabled that involve the search bar

If you're not worried about protecting the drive, there's no difference between adapter/enclosure. Just keep in mind you usually need an external power adapter if you're connecting a 3.5 drive.

So I'm trying to get a game working on my computer and it seems like the fix is to install .NET Framework 4.7.2. I don't know much about .NET Framework because I've never had a problem that required me to update it so mine appears to be significantly older than that. So I'm just curious what it does that would make someone think "You know what I should try? Updating .NET Framework." and have it be the solution.

>what it does
It's a code base that you can build programs off of. Means you don't have to duplicate functionality, so your program is a lot smaller and easier to write.

How important is having the same frame rate on both monitors in a dual monitor setup, particularly for multitasking while playing vidya? Would I have issues if I was playing a game at 165hz on my main monitor and watching a video on my 2nd monitor which is 60hz?

only matters if you need the two synced up

All enclosures and adapters include the power supply so i will go for the adapter then, thanks.

Some times I can't watch certain videos on newpipe. I think the pattern is it might be a flagged video for copyright like most music doesn't work, even if it is from their own vevo or something.
I can't see how it should be blocked on YouTube's end, YouTube-dl never have problem fetching the same videos.
It could also be a setting, but none of the options seems to work.

What is a good cheap camera (new or used, doesn't matter)?
I want to use it to take photos and videos of motherboards to upload them somewhere about how fix their common problems because i often cant find pictures or videos about about how do it and when i do it i would like to upload such info around.

>Use your phone
My 2013 Moto G sucks for this.

Version?

how does slackware work?
do you install your own package manager or something?
I'm not trying to install it, I just don't get it.

Recommended encryption software? Preferably free. Thanks!

>use pass for managing passwords, git to maintain remote password repository, and android-password-store to access passwords on phone
>notice that the commits being made from my phone are being authored by a random user from turkey, rather than by me
what should i make of this, am i fucked

is it possible that the app uses some kind of surrogate user to author commits or something?

Attached: 1386967499451.png (241x228, 102K)

>he doesn't keep his password list in an SD card hidden under his tongue

What are you doing?

It doesn't really matter, but from what I recall, it's good practice to make sure that the frame rates you set your monitors to are multiples of one another (so, 60hz and 120hz). I've heard issues of Nvidia cards having stutter if you don't.

Can someone who has Firefox try this with searx.me and tell me the result please addictivetips.com/web/find-search-query-url-for-search-engines/

how do reduce size of this
i've cleared browsing data and shit but nothing changed

Attached: (((google))).png (733x100, 7K)

Usually that happens before I update to a new version

Why are replies doing this shitty formatting?

Attached: firefox_8mrSxGnKfv.png (1212x519, 28K)

I guess it was quote threading in x, that shit is hideous.

>not storing your passwords in plain text in a .txt file compressed in a .rar pass secured file stored in hidden system path and cloud backup

imagine being this pleb

Disable threading in settings.

don't worry guys i've learned my lesson, from now on im going to store my passwords written in my own constructed language with lemon juice ink on a piece of papyrus set to degrade in a few years in a booby-trapped chest buried on a remote island with mined waters

don't worry guys i've learned my lesson, from now on im going to store my passwords written in my own constructed language with lemon juice ink on a piece of papyrus set to degrade in a few years in a booby-trapped chest buried on a remote island with mined waters

Any recommended DNS server that isn't Google or Cloudflare?

or use KeePass

Are there any Jow Forums related careers that are feasible to get into without a degree?

Attached: nani.jpg (500x383, 51K)

Well, that sounds useful enough. So does that mean that certain programs are just not made to be compatible with older versions and that's why it's the first thing people check when a game isn't working?

IT, that is it.

this is most likely what i'm going to switch to.

how good is the cross platform integration? also, is there a terminal variant/interface available for it?

It's A thing to check. If there's some feature in a newer version that it needs, the dev can require it to run, same as any other dependency. But there's loads of shit that can fuck up something as large as a game. He might have found a changelog or something, or just went down the list of common culprits.

My microphone has started to pickup buzzing/static distortion and I theorize it is a grounding issue because it stops when I place my hand or a finger on the PC tower. Also, my PC is plugged into a power strip which is then plugged into the wall.
Any ideas on how to fix this issue or what to look for that might be causing it? I don't know much about how electricity works.

Attached: holoween costom.png (1080x1576, 1.11M)

Will there be problems with my .pptx presentation when I present it on a computer that doesn't have my font installed?

In both rear and frontal 3.5mm jacks?

Yep

i wouldn't like to lie to you pretending that i'm a full user of keepass. About cross plataform i have no idea, about terminal stuff, the only thing i know is that's some cmd options you can use, i only use its graphic interface desu, but here you can get more info about it
keepass.info/help/base/cmdline.html

thanks, i'll have to do some reading. i guess the upside to all of this is it gives me a good incentive to switch away from pass, which is something i've wanted to do for a while because it is miserably clunky. im sure im probably getting worked up over nothing, but just to be safe, im nuking the repo and my phone, and changing all of my passwords

Hey guys, there's no current PC building thread, so I'll ask here.
Does this look good for a NAS storage?
I'm thinking of running XenServer with FreeNAS VM for the 4tb drives in raidz2.
ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/V2b3zY

it's simple to use, just be carefull to never forget the master pass of your database like i did. Or store it/write down in a safe place.

do monitors wear out from use? im getting an expensive screen drawing tablet (cintiq pro 24) and would like to use it as a second monitor when im not drawing. it just feels like a waste if it will dull down because of that.

LCDs don't, if they have LED backlights
Plasma, OLED, and CRT displays do

Why is /d/ better at information theory and linguistics than Jow Forums?

Seriously, some fag on /d/ is making a chatbot that talks about fucking. Multiple people understand all the technical language.
If same shit happened on Jow Forums, the thread would fill with autists who don't know any linguistics but get offended by non-autistic language.

Is it possible to have enum inside of a class, that enum be public, have a private field of that enum type inside of a class, AND have privates above publics inside class declaration?
This
class MyClass {
public:
enum ASDF {A, B, C};
private:
ASDF asdf;
};

works, but I want my privates to be above the publics.
c++ btw

I have 3 years worth of threads in 4chanx's thread watcher, does that hamper performance of my machine in any way or nah

Attached: 1554798212524.png (210x260, 15K)

I'm moving shit over to a new HDD from an old one, but I get alot of "Can't read from the source file or disk" errors.

Is there any program that might make copying large amounts of stuff over easier, that might show me what files can't copy over? It's only copying over about 80% of the entire folders and i'm just manually writing down what important files it can't copy.

If windows can't copy it over does that mean the data is basically fucked? I've tried defragging the old drive.

Attached: 919gpDf+-vL._SY355_.jpg (355x355, 24K)

I know AMD sometimes sells 8gb cards as 4gb and locks the rest, which you can access with a custom BIOS. Is this one of those cases? The card is 4gb but shows as 8gb so? My integrated GPU is 2gb, and my total ram is 16gb so where's the 4gb coming from, unless... ?

Attached: gpu_settings.png (386x244, 8K)

HD Clone or any migration tool that comes with your new drive (usually acronis or samsung software)

>If windows can't copy it over does that mean the data is basically fucked?
Yeah unless you use some low-level diagnostics tool from the manufacturer to copy what it can. Usually tho ya.

Plug directly. Use a grounded plug. if it doesn't work it may still be software; update drivers.

Bricked usb drive retard here
Gives me 3 different errors with different format/scheme options on erase in Disk utility. First aid doesn't work altogether
>Unable to write to the last block of the device
>input/output error
>error 69874
I tried on Linux to no avail and it just drops on and off on Windows (command line recognizes but can't do shit.
Guess I'll just bin it eventually.

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-09-01 at 11.20.25.png (645x480, 64K)

Should i just do it and update from w7 to w10 if i spend a day removing telemetry malware?

Attached: N9jlwVP8lJ0.jpg (500x500, 42K)

can i watch bitchute without seeding?

i disabled the thread watcher at the end of a long diagnosis of putting up with, then finally figuring out, over the course of a few weeks, why things were getting slower and slower. the thread watcher had literally thousands of entries in it
so yea, it will eventually slow things down

I did this yesterday an I'm convinced it's a fool's errand. Cortana won't just die, had to restart a few times and the botnet kept switching back on.
Is there a comprehensive guide to make it phone home less?

Say what you want about Windows but it can copy hentai folders without naming issues.

My shitty laptop becomes unconfortably hot to the wrist when light usage whereas if I load it a bit the fast start spinning faster and cools it better.
How do I say to wandows 7 to set a minimum fan speed?

It's much easier to duel boot Windows and some noob friendly distro than it is to uninstall the Win10 spyware
I wonder what OS the intel agencies are using? They probably need a means to run legacy software but don't want an OS that openly says it collects keystrokes

How do i view data for this project after its been downloaded?
No frontend?
github.com/bibanon/eve

What do you mean data for this project?
If you clone/download it the files will be wherever you downloaded them to.

Would this cable allow me to use a CRT tv as a PC monitor or do I need a fancy converter box thing?

Attached: s-l1600.jpg (999x999, 152K)

That cable does literally nothing it's just useless. You will need a pretty specific setup to output from a PC to a CRT TV.

>hdmi to composite
hdmi won't even budge with sub 480p resolutions, assuming that thing can physically convert digital to analogic signals on the fly. Just buy a proper monitor user not this bullshit

yeah I got rid of it and things are a bit snappier now
rip 3 years of shitposts

It saves it to a mysql database, so use your favorite mysql manager.
mysql workbench, dbeaver, heidisql etc.

Its filled the db and downloaded the images, but there is nothing to USE the data with.

None of those will show the threads and images.

>hey Jow Forums my shitty laptop sucks

Dude, just use education per OP.

I've found this fix10.isleaked.com, and some other small fixes, like rmeovign cortana, indexing and microsoft store, but still not sure it'll all hold up and there won't be a bunch of new shit popping up.

Anything third party tends to get wiped at next Feature Upgrade.

Desktop is finally next to my server. What's the cheapest way to achieve more than 1gbit between my desktop and server?

I installed Pro like a fag. I'll follow OP's links, thanks

are the tables empty?
did it create it?

There is no cheap way. Stick with 1GB unless you want to drop $500 on 10GBE stuff

Yes, but there is nothing to read the data from. Just having a mysql browser(phpmyadmin) dosent do anything for the data. There should be a way to present it once downloaded

Ah, I understand you now.
It's just a scraper.
You need to make your own tool for that.

For fucks sake. They're literally next to each other. I'm still so fucking mad you can't just do usb3 peer to peer.

I use veracrypt to encrypt my system partition. Is it normal for chkdsk to run every time I boot?

Sfp+? Is there a hidden cost?

windows 7? no
windows 10? no idea, vc is broken as fuck on w10

W10, broken in what way? Should I be worried?

first of all, it's not officially supported, and from my testing it for a very good reason, it just doesn't work, the pc can still boot up fine from a complete shutdown without typing in the password, w10 has to capture the encryption key somehow or it doesn't power off the ram completely
it's not like it never asks for a password, if you want to boot up you've got to use it, but the pc can reboot or even coldboot by itself in the middle of the night without password input when updating
and there is also data corruption... it fucked up 2 partitions for me, fortunately had backups

Their own documentation specifies that it DOES support W10

it didn't when i last checked, and i don't think it had a major update in quite a while, all of what i described happened on the patch 1 before the current one

Best brand to get HDD from that are over 1TB?

hitachi, and by extension toshiba since it's a rebrand

Aren't those considered cheap knock offs?

I've tried running OCCT but my CPU always cuts the test off about a minute in due to reaching the maximum safety temperature. Should I change the settings? Reapply thermal paste? Or is this normal?

I moved into an apartment with shared wifi included in the rent. Is there anyway to setup a more private connection with a ethernet cable for better connection?

I'd love to get around to ripping a bunch of Bluray discs, but have no player/reader/writer/whateverer for doing so.
Is it worth getting a higher end internal PC variant, or just get some cheap one?
Similarly, somebody locally is selling one that seems kinda shit, but it's about half the price that I could find them for online from a quick look ($40 AUD local vs. ~$80 AUD new)
Which would be the best bet? I want the reliability, but I'm retarded or some shit and have no clue how disc readers work, so no clue as to how their degradation works.

Attached: ChaeRim.jpg (1365x2048, 233K)

Hello boys, retard newfag here

I'm looking to get a VPN but I distinctly remember reading someone rant about big CloudVPN and NordVPN type companies not being as secure as the little man. Looking up reviews, I found that NordVPN was about as good as it got

Is there actually any reason not to trust them? Can you recommend another VPN service?

Maybe try with bleachbit ?

I think you can make a package that will run even when it doesn't have Powerpoint or the fonts.

I downloaded TOR browser but I don't really know what I'm doing.
Are the main benefits just no tracking?

Also, how do I make it so I'm browsing out of the Netherlands? Something in the settings?

Attached: alice-madness-returns-standard-edition_pdp_3840x2160_en_WW.jpg (1920x1080, 328K)