Why is everybody hating on Rust?

Why is everybody hating on Rust?

Attached: LinuxCon_Europe_Linus_Torvalds_03_(cropped).jpg (975x1357, 522K)

Other urls found in this thread:

lwn.net/Articles/797828/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I have 4 words for you: Muh tranny, muh tranny!

Attached: writestuff.png (2000x1400, 520K)

Only Jow Forums crossborders hate rust.

Attached: 1567225977373.jpg (793x1339, 701K)

>no OOP
That's a feature. OOP is useless garbage.

I don't participate in the delusion of trannies.

More important question is why are people not shilling Racket?

No one hates rust except people that don't matter. Most everyone I talk to who actually does useful things just say they haven't used it and are reserving judgement.

The best I've heard is its basically ocaml with lower level concerns.

Because its yet another lisp that will solve everything this time, I promise.

i dont like the syntax

cuz trannies get more action than most of Jow Forums

This

Because the DSL building meme failed, just as I told you homo-(iconic )fuckers it would.
Some months ago I read some paper by one of the Racket co-authors that was basically the whole history of Racket trying to get from basic reader macros to the perfect DSL building kit with perfect error reporting. Guess what, it didn't work out for them.
>inb4 source
I can't find it, and I guess that is because the title is retarded.

because seethe cope dilate tranny have sex etc

Because it's a diversity hire language made by retards too stupid for C++. Haven't you noticed how all rustfags just cry about C instead of actually developing anything?

This. C/Java/C# have a much better syntax.

>i dont know what this syntax does therefore i dont like it
What is with you autists and a double-colon? I genuinely don't get it.

>Because it's a diversity hire language made by retards too stupid for C++.
>t. never used Rust
Rust is a hard language. I'd say it's on par with C++, except that the difficulty of C++ comes from all the legacy and bloat it has. Rust is hard because of all the rules and cognitive load used to think beforehand and write correct code from start.

But rust does have _bad_ syntax. I personally love how concise and robust it is, but many people prefer more wordy and explicit like Ada.

You're not wrong.

But also, fuck trannies.

Attached: 1561330058437.png (628x835, 627K)

No one hates Rust. They just hate the guy who keeps posting threads about. Yes I assumed your gender, deal with it, dude. There are only two people who use Rust. One: the guy who created it in the first place. Two: the one guy (that's you, isn't it?) who keeps making threads about it. Rust is less than a meme language. No one actually uses it. No one. The github sites are all fake, with source code that won't even compile. Rust is the ultimate troll, the ultimate fake news.

Not him but OOP is how you get polymorphism
Have fun rewriting max() a million times for all your different types

>fuck trannies
Wholeheartedly agree.

>yet another shitty c++ clone but this time actually good™

>subtype polymorphism is the only kind of polymorphism
Even Wikipedia knows you're full of shit

Attached: poly.png (617x638, 54K)

t. retards
rust runs like shit, gobbling resources like a hungry whore and is filled with underaged screaming wannabe eceleb retards that larp as chads online
the devs took forever to fix basic shit any retard could have fixed with 2 youtube tutorials on a weekend
also the skins look like shit and they still use the meme that is unity

this. reverse a rust binary compared to a clang/llvm binary and you will want to gouge your eyes out

*headache*

People are just tired of the repeated shilling for a meme language that no one will remember in 5 years.

lwn.net/Articles/797828/
NONONONOOOOO CBROS, WHAT HAPPENED NOOOOOO

because Rust has a high intellectual barrier so retards can only chimp out hate on it since they can never understand it

No hate, I just got burnt out by this bombardment of languages.

>look someone made a new llvm language, this weak.
>hey guys we reimplement Python to make it faster, you only need to change like 2 frameworks and some compiler well plus new shit and it won't work any were.
>i made fucksript, now with extra {}}}{{{{}{ alzó you remember json? Well look at this its better.
> C-+ its out, now with more abstractions, this new one will change your workflow and be totally unreadable.
> mom! Its javashit they renamed it and also programmed a whole DE because all javashiter use one! Plaint textcexitor you say? But how are you going to manage this new 200 files with two liners?

Rust is being shilled instead of being brought up as a natural option. Such noise for such an immature piece of technology can very well fuel suspicion.

>unity bad

The language is fine, nobody is actually hating it.
Rust shills on the other hand should be lined up and shot.
Just how rust critics have no other arguments than "rust trannies", the rust shills have no other arguments than insults.