Why do you hate HDMI?

Why do you hate HDMI?

Attached: 0012304_10-meter-328-ft-high-speed-hdmi-cable-with-ethernet.jpg (1600x1200, 104K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vesa.org/press/vesa-publishes-displayport-2-0-video-standard-enabling-support-for-beyond-8k-resolutions-higher-refresh-rates-for-4k-hdr-and-virtual-reality-applications/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I don't

I don't but VGA was my first love. Hard to feel like that again for any connector to be honest.

Proprietary

Because it's popular and I can't afford it.

DVI? It's kinda better in every way

The cables are weak and wear out fairly quickly when you need to change them a lot for whatever reason. I go through like 3 of them a year. They are not as bad as Micro-USB though, fuck Micro-USB.

Give me VGA any day.

Attached: 1566943451667.jpg (768x1024, 82K)

VGA really was something beautiful and pure. I think we'll never experience such sincere beauty in a connector ever again.

Because it's the retarded sibling of DisplayPort.
Kind of like how SATA is the potato brother of SAS

i don't
it literally just werks

HDMI and Displayport really ought to be rolled into one standard. The only reason it won't happen is because both ports have groups of people who stand to profit off of them and they don't want to share their loot. So basically, because greedy bastards.

DRM.

DP is royalty free, HDMI is not.

I don't

I have no particular feeling about it.

>I go through like 3 of them a year.

Attached: 1566246358355.jpg (640x640, 73K)

because it's shit utter shit fucking shitty connector

Because DisplayPort is better

>The cables are weak and wear out fairly quickly when you need to change them a lot for whatever reason. I go through like 3 of them a year. They are not as bad as Micro-USB though, fuck Micro-USB.
>Give me VGA any day.
The fuck I've legit had more dvi vga and composite break
Ive had one Hdmi go bad and I have cables dating back to well over a decade ago
The fuck u doing nigger

It has now screws / locking mechanism

it also keeps flashing and it takes seconds to sync

shitties crap ever

Ive been using the same hdmi cable for 10 years. How are you dumb enough to break them?

It's like DVI but proprietary and designed for normalfag junk

>flimsy
>proprietary
>no screws

Because it's huge and single-purpose, and Thunderbolt 3 can do everything it can do and more.

False!

anyone know of an archive of old 1.6 matches that has casting?

is he holding a bag of silica gel?

Attached: mpv-shot0001.jpg (1920x1080, 322K)

>I go through like 3 of them a year
Get the fuck outta here, this is some weak bait

Superior AV cable coming on through

Attached: 81hhg4+DleL._SX466_.jpg (466x420, 18K)

Hand warmer

oh wew wrong thread kek

Get some Lindy cables. I've never had one break.

>I can't afford it.
What the fuck are you talking about? It's literally budget tier.
If you buy the cheapest devices, you'll always find HDMI ports on them.

user, HDMI cables aren't meant to be used for auto erotic asphyxiation

It's basically just single link DVI with a shitty connector and copy-protection bullshit.

it's clearly a sachet of amyl nitrate

I've had maybe two die in the decade I've been using them, don't stretch and bend them at odd angles niggerbrain.

Attached: 67cf51b8e4ca8b47b6a20ff562736c86f6ca29e653c91eb46c09dafe3e42feae.png (960x943, 629K)

^

TMDP is shit Display Port is better

Attached: :D.png (340x374, 233K)

TMDS*

because it can't do 144hz

when is dp over usb c gonna be standard on monitors/gpus?

Attached: 1558241197984.jpg (365x342, 129K)

HDCP

>imagine being so autistic that you have feelings towards connectors
I hope it's a LARP

Because B A N D W I D T H.

If I can't get 60 fps 4K then it's trash.

Inb4 muh GEN2. Fuck outta here. Displayport or BUST.

No reason for anything except USB-C to exist.

HDMI 2.0 can do 144Hz at 1440p.

HDMI 2.1 can do 120hz at 4K / 60hz at 8k.

fucking this

>fall for HDMI 2.0 PREMIUM CERTIFIED meme
>buy 5 meter HDMI 2.0 PREMIUM CERTIFIED cable
>can't do 4K60Hz at full 0-255 color range (limited to 30Hz)
>buy 3 meter HDMI 2.0 PREMIUM CERTIFIED cable
>can't do 4K60Hz at full 0-255 color range (limited to 30Hz)
>buy 2 meter HDMI 2.0 PREMIUM CERTIFIED cable
>now it works

5 meter DisplayPort cables does it without issues and on the plus side it isn't proprietary botnet made by Sony and their cartel alliance

>5 meter DisplayPort cables does it without issues

Funny because I have the opposite problem where my 1 meter display port cable doesn't work from my gtx 1070 to my 1080p dell monitor, but all hdmi cables I've tried do.

HDMI is just an A/V that adapted DVI/TDMS

SATA actually came before SAS. SATA incorporated much of parallel SCSI features (native command queuing, hot-swapping, hot-plugging etc). SAS took SATA's cabling and power while retaining SCSI protocol but the controller can switch to SATA mode.

YCBr should not be allowed to live.

I don't. DisplayPort is superior, but HDMI is useful. It's on everything, DisplayPort isn't. HDMI splitters and switchers are a dime a dozen, DisplayPort ones cost hundreds. And HDMI is sufficiently signal-equivalent to DVI that passive converters from one to the other are dirt cheap.

Everything will be USB-C in the next generation of cables, video, data, audio, power, everything.

How the fuck do you go through 3 HDMI cables in a year? Are you pulling them out with scissors or something?

Or just buying the cheapest ones on Amazon. I haven't had this problem with straight HDMI cables, but I had a hard time getting a mini-DisplayPort to HDMI cable to use with my Thinkpad. Bought one, lasted 6 months. Bought another, it just went black if I tried to display over 1280x1024. Another, 6 months. Fourth one has actually worked and stayed good.

Man fuck DVI and it's bullshit non standardized connectors. Whoever invented that needs to be dick punched to death.
>VGA plug in and just werks
>HDMI plug in and just werks
>DVI can't plug it in because you realize it's one of half a fucking dozen potential DVI variants that will never fucking werk.
Fuck DVI.

Attached: source-s-dude-trust-me.png (279x128, 21K)

Calm your tits. It is work related. I have to unplug/plug-in shit like 50+ times a day. The contacts inside the plug go bad. VGA cables didn't have a problem with that it seems, but will have the wires go bad from overflexing too much. Any plug type that has its contacts go bad first is shit. Most USB types do that except the original types.

Attached: 1567252195739.jpg (1080x1048, 186K)

DVI is crap, why is it that there's 5 different versions yet they all do the same thing. VGA and hdmi are way better but different strokes for different folks

Cable and connector wise (so, not the protocol), is it really that different? Apart from having just one notch it connects the same. Should break just as easily.

I hate the fact that VGA ports are not on GPUs anymore because of HDMI

DVI is shit, DVI-I and DVI-D makes it hard to use on older equipment

No, I use a DP to HDMI adapter and then a HDMI to DVI for my monitor
Bought a GPU with no DVI back then, forgot to check

>HDMI is on everything
I actually have a monitor that supports DisplayPort but doesn't support HDMI.

HDMI is acceptable for media centers, but displayport is the superior PC plug

Cables can become extremely spotty when you start pushing the bandwidth up near the limits. DisplayPort and DVI never had those sorts of issues in my experience.

Exactly zero of my "old" HDMI cables could reliably pass a 4K60 4:4:4 or 4K HDR signal despite being rated for 18Gbps (even 1ft cables!). I had to buy new ones "rated for 8K" to stop the random dropouts.

Oh tru I wonder how usbc goes

I don't, I just wish like DP and USB, they'd name things better.

HDMI 2.1 is such a massive leap over 2 they should just call it HDMI 3

Attached: But Why.jpg (551x637, 92K)

Because its not in mobile phones. It should be a damn standard in usb c. Years ago my nokia 6500 had a composite tv out IN A FUCKING HEADPHONE JACK and SMARTPHONES don't have hdmi in usb c. I know there is miracast but its not The same.

It's in my phone

Because it's not display port
Nope

>DisplayPort
>not "made by Sony and their cartel alliance"
Choose one.

vesa.org/press/vesa-publishes-displayport-2-0-video-standard-enabling-support-for-beyond-8k-resolutions-higher-refresh-rates-for-4k-hdr-and-virtual-reality-applications/

DisplayPort 2.0 is better in every way

Because DVI is better.
This.
Works on my machine.

Because for whatever reason, when I connect my notebook to the to v screen, the images works but the sounds comes from the notebook speakers.