/pmp/ - Portable Media Players General

This thread is for the discussion of portable mp3/FLAC/OGG Vorbis players.
>inb4 phone
>inb4 streaming
Useful Guide(s)
• The General /pmp/ Guide pastebin.com/fe2LFFdV
• Converting an iPod video 5G/5.5G to a rockboxed player with an msata SSD and a 3000 mAh battery web.archive.org/web/20170708033500/http://nullvoid.station.moe/Freedom-Hardware/Video5G-Rockbox/
• Third party battery guide iflash.xyz/3rd-party-extended-battery-guide/ Guide for iPod 6G/7G needs adding/making
• Reminder to use Rockbox DEV builds when available.
• Use the SonyNWDestTool to remove the volume limiter/warnings on most of the Walkman series
rockbox.org/wiki/SonyNWDestTool
• Please keep taking nice pics of your /pmp/'s so that they can be used as OP pics

• Archived Threads : rbt.asia/g/search/subject/pmp/

Attached: 1567053411605.jpg (4032x3024, 1.61M)

Other urls found in this thread:

xvtx.ru/rockbox/download.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

which thread dies faster, /pmp/ or /iemg/?

phone?

Zune HD can fit in a cassette case

Attached: 92eg0qp8mvo21.jpg (640x853, 79K)

attention snes in the background

Question, does anyone actually use Hi-Res Flac, DSD on portable players? There doesn't seem to be a point aside from archiving purposes, and maybe Home System play.

Attached: KIMG0170.jpg (4160x3120, 1.47M)

is there a good solid portable media player that has a podcast manager? I want to be able to download and playback podcasts over wifi instead of having to download them and add them from my computer like with the A40 Walkman. The reason for this is that I am planning on getting rid of my iphone and getting a dumb phone.

I want this as well. 90% of what I listen to is podcasts, and keeping them updated and deleting them when I've listened to them is most of what I need.

Do you listen FLAC or MP3 V0/320 on portable media player ?

the closet that i think is using musicbee for that, I am aware that some players that run android exist but that is all that i know

some of those players i think whitelist apps that can even be installed, so i don't know how well that would even work.

I use either 320 or flac exclusively. I only really am adamant about flac for jazz/classical.

My iPod classic 6g works fine however the hdd seems to be acting up. I can transfer and remove files at will from the disk however renaming folders of my albums seems to be impossible, it’s as if it’s read only mounted in windows 10 but I can still add or remove music. Is it time to ditch the hard drive and get one of those fancy sd card boards?

Attached: 47442943-0F53-41BF-B523-A096E18B1C92.jpg (1536x2308, 425K)

Have you tried using disk mode?

Flash storage is a straight upgrade over the old hard drive. Faster, lighter, uses less power (except for msata). Just remember to use the OF or disk mode to transfer music onto it.

Attached: IMG_20190901_211552_1.jpg (1944x1841, 503K)

zunehd a cute CUTE

The zune kinda did, it could wireless sync with the computer that would have done all the management.
Could only do it on lan though

That reminds me that winamp on android wireless transfer years ago. That was a great music player until I bought poweramp.

Musicbee might work, but if it needs Android support, I'd likely install a podcast player anyway.

eyyy that's my photo, but why though? Some one should post theit sick rockbox shit more like this user here probably /pmp/

Attached: IMG_20190902_135701-01.jpg (4032x3024, 2.7M)

Whoa... are you me?

Attached: IMG_0287 - Copy.jpg (2500x1666, 1.04M)

Damn, I really want some good ass Rockbox player now.
Speaking of rockbox, Fiio M3Ks are now rockboxable anons
xvtx.ru/rockbox/download.htm

bump

>and get one of those fancy sd card boards
Just put an ssd in it my man.

i do. as long your headphones are able to fully blast them out, they sound wonderful, but most people wouldn't really notice.

It's coming

Attached: shipping confirmation.png (1080x1438, 124K)

and now close it.

S M A R T P H O N E

is there a guide that's not outdated shit?

My PMP is 5times the price of my phone and it doesn't even have a screen

Attached: IMG_20190902_160437.jpg (4160x3120, 454K)

i'd rather not destroy my zune thx

Attached: i-have-a-zune_o_1121945.jpg (480x452, 24K)

6th gen ipod nano was best iPod.

nanos are worst iPods

Is there any software modding I can do with my 2nd gen Fiio X1?