DRONE BUBBLE CRASHES

DRONE BUBBLE CRASHES
bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-08-30/drone-bubble-bursts-wiping-out-startups-and-hammering-vc-firms

THE FAD IS FINALLY OVER, GONE THE WAY OF GOOGLE GLASSES AND 3D PRINTERS

Attached: 35121_2_EL.jpg (770x400, 24K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1eESQnTtnI8&t=575
youtube.com/watch?v=nQDcDZ6rmGE&t=104
bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-08-30/drone-bubble-bursts-wiping-out-startups-and-hammering-vc-firms
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Unironically the only dronefags I know are those who already flew model planes 15 years ago and will continue to do so till they die.

op is an rc plane and kite company shill

vr next

no

>Netbooks
>3D TVs
>tablets
>motion control
>drones
Whats next?

Attached: 15559604600550.jpg (576x1024, 96K)

>next
it died in 2018

desu netbooks were very popular leading to new lines of processors desu

they are not a thing anymore because of dumb web developers

Attached: Google Chrome.jpg (2800x1556, 616K)

>>Netbooks
D TVs
>>tablets
>>motion control
>>drones
>Whats next?
Vr
apple ishit (already dying but hasn't bottomed out yet gonna make the early 90s look like nothing)
Streaming (too many subs too little content market is already stagnating)
5g
Mobile phones because we have hit moores law hard
Pcs and servers will be fine because they have alot more space to play with unlike phone garbage

>we have hit moores law hard
stagnation is the opposite of moore's law

I rarely if ever see someone with a drone. Almost bought one myself just to extend my photographic reach a bit, but considering the few moment I need it, I doubt I'll have it with me anyway. It'll probably get old real soon too, and I think it already did for most people.

Tbh the bubble crashes because of all the anti-fun laws
Why get a drone when you can't even fly it over a city or anywhere with a crowd of people?
You also need line of sight to it, which is bullshit when you have video feed.
Yeah you can fly it over a forest, but that's boring and becomes illegal as soon as it flies behind a tree because it's not longer in line of sight.

They're popular in wedding recordings, we charge extra for drone shots but you can only get a few overhead ones and that's it, they're generally worthless and a meme.

3d printers are still big lol
But THANK FUCKING GOD we wont have many more DJassholes flying around

Huh
What did u mean?

Attached: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.jpg (759x1024, 80K)

They're not a thing because large phones and the iPad ate their lunch. They were cheap media consumptions machines but had garbage battery life and garbage screens. in comes 6+" smartphones with excellent screens and the base iPad for $400-600 and a majority of netbooks were wiped out because people were going to get a phone or ipad anyway and now the netbook is redundant

>apple ishit (already dying but hasn't bottomed out yet gonna make the early 90s look like nothing)
I work for a OEM/supplier partner. Apple mobile devices are doing A LOT better than android in the US despite recent news. People aren't switching as much as they used to but Apple is looking to be in better shape than android companies are by a long mile. Android devices are currently cannibalizing each other, expect motorola to go low/budget end only or die in a few years.

I've yet to see even one of those in person. They were never sold in stores here either. It is like they only exist in pop culture. The exact same thing happened with those 3-ended spinner things. It is like pop culture that reaches this area is from another reality.

The regulations here made it harder to get into. I blame all the DJI idiots.

Motorola has been nothing but a subsidiary brand name for many years now user, the company essentially died in 2012.

AFAIK they're still somewhat independent in their operation even if it's all chinese now. We meet with their engineers and they're not "Lenovo engineers" they're "Motorola engineers", if you catch my drift. They're not just rebranded devices

Like I give a fuck about that. The DIY sector is what matters the most.

Nice, will I be able to buy one cheaply now?

>spinner things
Those things didn't have one meaningful reason to exist. It was downright bizarre that they got so popular for a while in the first place.

OH NO NO NO
How could this happen, guys?
>nb4 in a year they'll say that only incels and terrorists buy drones

Attached: 1566858055403.jpg (1333x900, 80K)

QUADS WERE COOL ONCE
THE DIY FPV RACING QUADS, WHERE YOU SOLDER UR OWN ESCS NOT DJI CASUALSHIT

PRO PILOTS ARE STILL BASED AS HECK
youtube.com/watch?v=1eESQnTtnI8&t=575

THIS GUY DID A RUN ON A MOVING FREIGHT TRAIN
THROUGH OPEN CAR DOORS AND LOOPS AROUND BRIDGE TRUSSES MADMAN
youtube.com/watch?v=nQDcDZ6rmGE&t=104

Hmm, was actually thinking lately about getting one to start a side hustle as one of those real estate photographers. Anyone here make money with theirs or is it really just a niche hobbyist thing at the end of the day?

> pc will be fine
No zoomers own a desktop. Why would they? Desktop is dead

just because quadcopters allow for a novel approach to flight mechanics that are extremely easy to program a computer to control - doesn't mean that those flight mechanics are anything more than a neat novelty

flight is a very delicate balancing act and quadcopters do not follow the same kind of delicate balance that helicopters and fixed wing aircraft operate on. they use raw power to keep themselves in the air, not finely balanced aerodynamics, which is the single biggest hurdle for using drones for anything.

you can say 'but batteries aren't dense enough yet' but we've been flying model airplanes with fucking lead batteries ever since the 70s. their fundamental method of operation runs contrary to the laws of physics

Who gives a fuck about moron teenagers?
Pedo

Hoverboards
Fidget spinners
Gaming Consoles

Attached: best-hoverboard.jpg (848x566, 82K)

One of the few times I've seen one IRL was indeed during some wedding. I thought it was just one of the invitees that was flying it, but it was probably the photographer.
Seems like an annoying hassle to try and make nice shots and meanwhile manage some drone at the same time. I can understand charging extra for that.

Attached: 1554043028212.jpg (4608x2592, 1.24M)

>Gaming Consoles
kek

What about electric scooters? At first they seemed stupid and absurd to me, but I must admit, they are a perfectly fine way to get around a city.

It was inevitable.

hopefully streaming services

the fidget spinner meme piggy backed off of a much more complex and hard to describe meme that people don't really know how to talk about - the vague idea that having some kind of disability or mental illness makes you special or unique. ADHD, tourettes, anxiety, whatever. It made people who lack any of those qualities want to signify that they have those qualities, and fidget spinners were a signifier for those qualities. they were also cheap little knickknacks that were tactile and enjoyable to use, despite being useless

quadcopters have absolutely revolutionized camera operation and risk management

but they are almost useless for long term operation and observation. thankfully.

how about you go outside more

Premade plebsumer drones were lame as shit anyhow.

It's nice though for like retail and stuff to do aerial shots or checking roofs and shit though.

Thats the most manchild shit I’ve ever seen

He types in all caps so he's clearly 12 years old.

he's right though

GET SOME SKILLS SKRUB
THEN TALK SHIT

ITS A HOBBY, REAL AVIATION IS OF COURSE SUPERIOR

BUT YOU CANT GO DAREDEVIL WITHOUT RISKING YOUR LIFE

Android TV boxes

Attached: sku_483147_1.jpg (700x700, 72K)

I wish electric bikes would die.
But they'll only get more popular, no doubt.
I wouldn't mind them so much if half of them weren't souped up and been driven by phone staring idiots (pretty much exclusively young to middle-aged women for some reason, I see few elderly and men drive them). The standard speed of those things is already too much for a bike initially meant for old people, who can barely control themselves walking.
The worst though are those speedbikes. Always with some dumb asshole on there dressed as if he's doing the tour the france, while he's really just driving an electric moped. Usually like a madman too.

Attached: e-bikes.jpg (966x420, 177K)

does this mean i'll be able to buy a good drone for cheap?

jesus, this is unironically really hot

No, it's common practice to just trash or recycle components from dead stock nowadays, can't let plebs have things in the age of artificial scarcity.

I can only hope.

>SLUTS WHO KNOW THEIR SLUTS
MHMM

WILL THE FEMINISTS IN HR EVER RECOVER LMAO

Attached: some women.jpg (735x741, 193K)

Their maximum speed is just 25 km/h.
Go above that and the motor cuts off completely.
That's not fast at all, although I do agree it's too fast to be playing with your phone.

Speed pedelecs are essentially electric mopeds.
Same rules apply to them, for example they aren't allowed on bicycle lanes here and have to use the roads like cars.

Attached: 1552314811655.jpg (633x758, 62K)

of all the things to complain about as a fad, ebikes are not one of them, the more people biking the better.

>Their maximum speed is just 25 km/h.
That would be alright, but like I said, half of them are souped up and go easily beyond 30.
It was even on the news how easy these things are to hack, so many people let them be "upgraded". Lots of bike shops have no problem doing this.

>the more people biking the better.
I can only agree with that.
I wish these lazy fucks could do it without needing a "support" engine, or at the very least be happy with it's default speed. And leave their phone in their bags while at it.
If they're leaving a car at home for it though, then I yeah, I guess it's a good thing. A dead battery once every two years is better than a few gallons of gas burned.
Although I'm pretty sure many of the people choosing an e-bike would otherwise be using public transport. I picked that up from a handful of conversations on the train, at work and ironically enough from one of those girls on her ebike loudly talking on her phone.

Attached: 1393064003705.jpg (720x439, 47K)

>zoomers
They are gamer kids/teens, all their favorite streamers are on PC, they are too.

I like mine though. Much more convenient and cheaper than having a laptop or desktop hooked up to every TV

I work in a big pharmacy, laboratory representatives often come to bring us lunch or coffee or other trash, about 2 years ago when the spinner craze was raging on, a pfizer representative brought us two bags full of spinners, like 100 spinners each. They should lower the price of their chemicals instead of spending money in dumb shit like that.

based hooters

Agreed

>Pedo
pedo website

He's trying to say that Moore's Law predicts tech advancement at a certain rate until 2010 and then explicitly "makes no predictions" past that point. Moore's Law doesn't actually say that CPUs will stop adding components, Moore said he doesn't know the rate after a certain date.

Smartphones

that feel when no umpc
that feel when no netbook

everything will go streaming, wanting to be netflix, but due to not having enough content, die and the next netflix will be born if netflix doesn't survive.

>bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-08-30/drone-bubble-bursts-wiping-out-startups-and-hammering-vc-firms
(((bloomberg)))

I am likely going to get a smaller drone for racing with a hmd... seems like a lot of fun.

I don't like fidget spinners, but I definitely have shit around me that I can flip in my hand while i'm doing something else, I just find it hard to concentrate without a certain level of distraction.

inorite

Tbh, the only emotive that seems worth while is the long board. I hate hippies but you can take the boards inside, they are compact, light, etc. Its the fastest most efficient transportation. Bikes dont gain anything from a motor. Your legs could do just fine pedaling a bike in most places. And it's still awful to have to lock up/take I side. Normal Longboards are shit if going up any inclination. Only useful with a motor.

Simply because you can't fly it more than 30 minutes on average. If there are drones that can fly for like 6 hours at least and available for consumers, then yes, the market for it will be something.

Just bough DJI Spark few weeks ago.

Tablets are great.

>drone bubble pops just as new tariffs hit Chinese imports to the US
Gee never saw that one coming

This, I'm not interested in 30minutes of fun. I want to CRUISE.

i fucking miss netbooks

>bizarre
uh huh.

Attached: pog.jpg (666x500, 79K)

Does a bubble refer to high prices or low prices? Because of high demand?

I use my tablet on a daily basis
but only at home

learn how speculative markets and investments work

lol nty just answer the question nigger

Attached: come fresh.jpg (480x360, 28K)

does that mean we'll be able to get drones for cheap soon?

it means companies are not making a profit and going bankrupt and investors are fucking off from this scam scheme

They only needed to exist for one reason.

Attached: 1536051389401.webm (720x1280, 2.86M)

Thank fuck.

>anti-fun laws
Sorry for not wanting your piece of shit dropping on someone, stopping flights or having some shithead spying on people.

It's largely because of all the regulations. You can't fly them at any national parks, not in cities, not over government property. I have a mavric air but you can't fly it wherever you'd like

>wanting your piece of shit dropping on someone, stopping flights or having some shithead spying on people.
These things don't just fall out of the sky. At worst they lose battery and slowly descend. You already can't fly over 500 ft so you aren't going to be stopping any flights

Did you forget about last Christmas Eve?

Ah yes the booming national park drone flying that was carrying the industry, surely the ban on a few cities is what killed it and not the fact that the drone industry was never profitable outside very niche professional uses.

I didn't even know there was a drone bubble.

> At worst they lose battery and slowly descend.
Or something happens with the rotors. Or the entire thing shortcuts because you bought some cheap ass chink clone. Besides again, the spying on people thing.

>Their maximum speed is just 25 km/h.
Perhaps they ought to be, but this definitely isn't the case for all e-bikes. I'm a track cyclist and I struggle to hold the wheel on some of them—some of them are definitely going 40 km/h+.

>drones are now going to be cheaper than ever for a while
yes! YES!

Was that the one where they eventually decided they were pretty sure there wasn't actually a drone and the whole thing was a punch of panic over nothing?

That's the one where a drone shut down an entire airport during the holiday season. I never heard about the part where they were pretty sure it wasn't a multirotor. Not saying it's not the same incident though

Could be, I only really know about it from shitposting and the most recent shitposting was to that effect. Pretty sure they never actually caught anyone and I never saw definite footage or anything.

>the secretive kite lobby

How do I join?

They've gotten really popular for real estate photography recently, I see them all the time in that role, particularly because a lot of people in my neighborhood are selling their houses lately. (Big jump in property values over the last few years and I guess people are deciding to take the money and run.)