Why dont atx psu have ups already built inside?

Why dont atx psu have ups already built inside?

Attached: 1559388452686.jpg (497x544, 174K)

Why should they? If you get frequent unannounced power outages, get a laptop, buy a separate UPS or move to a first world country nigger.

something something regulations regarding battery transport & logistics

>Why dont atx psu have ups already built inside?
because it's a fucking you dumb cunt

see
>because it's a fucking

Attached: lelz.png (824x204, 44K)

>Asian man tragically dies to the hands of a 60-pound vintage monitor landing directly on his haid, crushing it on impact

head* FUCK

>psu now have lithium cells that go bad in 2 years
>nasty fagets like op have roaches infest their psu causing the cells to explode
>repair shops charge 129.99 + tip to replace psu batteries
>now even when i turn off my pc and unplug it from the wall it can still be remotely turned on
>psu prices skyrocket because muh shippin dangerous materials
>pcs become even heavier
>increased heat inside the case
>increased size of psu

I can keep going

Ignoring technical aspects of it like transport of lipo batteries being regulated, batteries having limited lifespan, being vulnerable to heat.
It's a niche application. A battery inside a PSU would only be useful for people using them in areas/regions where brownouts/blackouts are regular or at least semi-regular.

I live in the shitty part of EU and I haven't had a blackout in over a year and I imagine things being even better in the good parts of it.

because it supposed to be a power supply, not a backup power battery. buy a UPS if you need one.

*accidentally kicks table*
also do those things even work in that position? I know if you turned them upside down they went all retarded.

Phoneposter kys

My UPS is over half the size as my computer and weighs over twice as much. There's no way you could fit that into a container a tenth of the size.

Slide that table over JUST a weeee bit when he's sleeping.

so what's stopping Jow Forums from using this technique using current monitor?

if I'd pull the tables apart, would he die?

Modern monitors have super small bezels. So, you'd either be covering a larger portion of your screen, or you'd be at a higher risk of getting faceplanted (although, it'd be less weight than a CRT, but it'd still fuck you up).

Nothing, but a monitor to the face.

>Why dont atx psu have ups already built inside?
Weight and cost. They would be 5x heaver, and about 3 times the price. Why suffer when you can just buy a UPS?

They do make ones like that, my friend used to move his desktop from his room to his living room without shutting down

He would, for you.

Actually they kind of do, most PSUs can keep the computer running for about 0.1 second to keep it from getting fucked up by power flickering.

fishbowl screens straight didn't give a fuck, but flat-faced, short-necked screens would give you trouble. they had a LOT of computerised beam compensation because the beam path was so nonlinear. these compensations made bold assumptions like "we are on one of Earth's two hemispheres" and "this way up".

So did it drop?

Kek

people haven't figured out how to stop batteries from degrading yet

They have figured out how to make batteries replaceable though.

I genuinely wonder how many people have died doing shit like this.

You could just screw a vesa mount onto the table.

>vintage monitor
>vintage
This picture is as old as Jow Forums itself. There were no other monitors back then, dumb zoomer.

Why would they? Also that'd increase their size, heat, battery explosion risk etc. Why would you need UPS unless you live in 3rd world outside of the current meme fad to buy UPS for safety of your gaming battle station?

>There were no other monitors back then
The next two LCD monitors I'm buying are older than Jow Forums