emacswiki.org/
>Manual
gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/emacs.html
>Tutorials
C-h t (Interactive Tutorial)
gnu.org/software/emacs/tour/
tldp.org/HOWTO/Emacs-Beginner-HOWTO-1.html
ergoemacs.org/emacs/emacs.html
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLX2044Ew-UVVv31a0-Qn3dA6Sd_-NyA1n(general introduction)
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLVtKhBrRV_ZkPnBtt_TD1Cs9PJlU0IIdE(org-mode)
>Self Documentation
C-h k (Keybinds)
C-h f (Functions)
C-h v (Variables)
>Programming in Elisp
gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/eintr.html
ergoemacs.org/emacs/elisp.html
github.com/bbatsov/emacs-lisp-style-guide

>Packages
melpa.org(package repo)
pastebin.com/KUAbRwJR(short list of recs)
github.com/emacs-tw/awesome-emacs(the big list)
>Premade Distros / Configs
Make your own
github.com/hlissner/doom-emacs/tree/develop
github.com/syl20bnr/spacemacs(heavy)
github.com/snackon/Witchmacs(Basic config with sane defaults)
seagle0128.github.io/.emacs.d/(Centaur Emacs)
gitlab.com/k-bps/mesk(Minimalist Emacs Starter Kit)
>Muh Startup Time
use-package defer
pastebin.com/mrPsnUas(increase GC during startup)
emacswiki.org/emacs/EmacsAsDaemon
emacswiki.org/emacs/EmacsClient

>Muh Default Keybinds
pastebin.com/UAUCvs73(Fixing Emacs Default Keybinds)

>This pasta:
pastebin.com/LyD95ADj
>org source:
pastebin.com/pm7wPBEm

Attached: How-to-Learn-Emacs-v2-Large.png (4950x3225, 2.26M)

Other urls found in this thread:

sxemacs.org
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Currently stuck on step 0. I want to learn Emacs but Vim/Neovim has plugins to solve all my problems and the keybindings are perfect.

I downloaded emacs/doom because it looked less autistic than vim when handling multiple files.

is this book better then the builtin information?

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.png (361x458, 123K)

Anyone try SXEmacs?

sxemacs.org

I like emacs but I can't be arsed to learn emacs lisp and without being familiar with that I feel like a second class citizen

watch uncle dave's playlist, install emacs with evil-mode and off you go

some articles I read from them were good, so maybe

my dream setup is a netbook with a ssd that just boots to exwm instantly

I have a lot of shit to do though. Between work and studies, I have little time left and it's hard to think that this time would be well spent on watching videos on Emacs and learning a new editor, when Vim fulfills all my needs.
Theoretically, there may be one superior editor between the two, but only NEETs have time to compare and argue about which is the best. In the real world you just go with what works and move on to more interesting problems.

Sounds pretty easy?

ya but i'm poor

I cant deny its a giant time sink, ricing is my video game replacement

Yeah you must be real busy if you're spending your time trolling on one of the more shittier imageboards on the net.

ur a real champ

pinebook?

Being busy doesn't mean I don't have time to shitpost a bit on a Sunday. Besides, I didn't mean to insult your holy editor, if anything just accept the bump since /geg/ is not very active anyway.

I'm sorry, i was rude. I understand your points and you are right.

How do i disable the theme when going in terminal-mode? I'd like to keep my terminal color scheme

If you're so busy then why would you express interest in learning Emacs if you didn't want to actually learn Emacs? Sounds like you're just trying to start a flame war like a sad little troll.

I want to learn it, but I don't think it would be a good time investment (Emacs is by far the editor that takes the longest to learn), considering Vim already does everything I want. What else is missing? Elisp and org-mode, maybe? Are those reasons enough to switch?
I thought perhaps this could get some discussion going, considering a good amount of people who convert to Emacs were previous Vim users, but it seems like the mere mention of the latter editor is enough to trigger you and make you go around accusing people of starting a flame war. In which case, don't be so attached to a text editor? Idk what else to tell you pham.

Well, this is an Emacs general after all. Why would you enter this thread if you aren't open to the idea of using Emacs? Sounds like you're just fishing for replies instead of being curious about technology. Next time don't dismiss advice after asking for it.