Be honest

Be honest
Do you think that there is a real chance of Linux ever substituting windows?

Attached: WORMED.jpg (554x654, 87K)

Other urls found in this thread:

scotch.io/bar-talk/trying-the-new-wsl-2-its-fast-windows-subsystem-for-linux
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It already did, see Android

Absolutely. The only reason for Windows on the desktop now is literally just baby duck syndrome. That and muh gaymes, which is quickly becoming less of an issue.

>bloated botnet
sasuga

Linux is just a kernel. You probability meant the GNU system.

if the society stays bluepilled and lazy, they will keep on using the phrase "it just werks" and muh gaymes. then no.

Obviously Android is retarded but the fact is it's the primary used OS because computers go more and more obsolete for normies who in 10 years probably won't be able to do more with their PCs then turn on Spotify and Netflix

Cumbrain thread

sauce?

dilate

Kill yourself

probably
I got a feeling that MS will either straight up abandon Windows or replace the NT kernel with some form of Linux

it has substituted windows
apart from for the proles

Masturbate

No I doubt that. Maybe when PCs start being used for work only.

If they'll keep working on Windows 10 then yes, sure.

Why yes, it already has. Now windows is the second shittiest OS you can get for free.

Attached: Stallman-freedom-as-a-human-right-525x394.jpg (525x394, 36K)

what is the first

GNU/Linux

Best scene was when the other girl had fish eggs laid inside her.

TempleOS

You think they'll still HAVE PCs?

If by "Linux" you mean "something that happens to use the Linux kernel": sure, see Android.
If you mean "the average Linux desktop" (that might as well be FreeBSD or whatever): not a snowball's chance in hell

Unironically yes with Chromebooks. Google is giving their products to US schools and indoctrinating the students. I would not be surprised if in 10 years you see a bunch of zoomers entering the job force who don't know how to use Windows or Microsoft Word, only Chrome and Google Docs.

second that,

it suck ass

Google Docs suck for large documents.

Source?

Windows already ships with the Linux Kernel in WSL 2. scotch.io/bar-talk/trying-the-new-wsl-2-its-fast-windows-subsystem-for-linux
It's on its way to being replaced. Eventually it'll adopt its package manager and eventually the registry will be eliminated. It's only a matter of time now.

No. Microsoft could even make Windows free for non-commercial use.

I don't see why it has to
windows existing doesn't somehow make Linux worse
people can and should use whatever tools they want

a matter of time to be proven full of shit, the only reason ms fiddles with linus is to adopt and extinguish.

Pedant harder you dilating MF!

Attached: 1555220784189-g.png (682x461, 363K)

Kys

No I hope it never does, fucking normies ruin everything.

It depends on what you mean by Linux, if you mean prepacked normie-proof proprietary OSes like ChromeOS, maybe, if you mean people are going to start installing Gentoo, absolutely not.

_BSD

Dilate, cope then have sex.

Games, graphical software (2D and 3D), game engines, animation software and many other stuff used at industry / professional tier.

not without a MS Office release for linux (which is probably never going to happen).