>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Group Buys
deskthority.net/viewforum.php?f=50
drop.com/
>Keyboard wiki
deskthority.net/wiki/Main_Page
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com (web.archive.org/web/20161101152119/http://keypuller.com/)

Previous Thread

Attached: thermal_wob_01.png (1500x1000, 1.74M)

Other urls found in this thread:

patorjk.com/keyboard-layout-analyzer
techkeys.us/products/onekeyboard
businesssearch.sos.ca.gov/CBS/Detail
bitsavers.org/pdf/datapro/alphanumeric_terminals/Datapro_C25_Esprit.pdf
rbt.asia/g/thread/62641401/#62645883
mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=3485
terminals-wiki.org/wiki/index.php/Category:Esprit
youtube.com/watch?v=mP1p7-QeuRU
deskthority.net/wiki/DEC_LK401
youtube.com/channel/UCkg8KHmPETozon2sL31wSBg
ebay.com/itm/Rosewill-Mechanical-Gaming-Keyboard-with-Cherry-MX-BLUE-Switches-Free-Shipping/263754251420
businesssearch.sos.ca.gov/
novelkeys.xyz/products/novelkeys-springs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

first for memeboards

too late op beat you by ~14 minutes

buy a Unicomp Classic

My first meme board was the anidees prismatic with kailh white slims, still using it now, everybody at the lan parties seems to gush over it.

i just replaced a thermaltake board with kalih browns with a cooler master board with cherry reds and i find the cherry reds much easier to type on...

Any keyboard similar to Tada68 but easier to get already assembled in EU?

Attached: 964AF2ADD51C4D45A2051566E1728288.jpg (1242x1228, 243K)

Tada68

Still rocking my 25$ blue switch keyboard

what do you guys think about my new layout?
it is dvorak with the hands switched and home row keys spread out by on key unit (and some other stuff)
it is dvorak that is a tidbit more comfy for left-handed people
erognomics also slightly improved by shifting the roght hand home row keys to the right by one key

l r c g f / y p . , ' = \
s n t h d - i u e a o
v w m b z x k j q ;

Is a Realforce keyboard worth the price or am I getting shilled by trope memes?

Attached: 2312321312321.png (2330x1220, 1.81M)

Slap that cunt into patorjk.com/keyboard-layout-analyzer and see what results it gives you m8.

No keyboard that isn't split columnular stagger is worth the price. Build a Dactyl Manuform (or have one built for you) instead.

Dvorak is an outdated layout made for almost exclusively plaintext and made before optimization tools existed. Use a layout like Colemak or Colemak-DH as your base instead.

Are brass plates worth the meme hype over stainless steel or should I Just Wait™ until the stainless is back in stock

what a shitty thread

If you don't mind the brass staining over time, why not. If you're not autistic about minor differences in overall sound, just get whichever is cheaper.

It's apparently PVD coated, which means it shouldn't stain for at least 25 years.
I'd rather get the stainless as it's a fair bit cheaper, but it's never fucking available.

Brass sounds much better with lubed linears so I always go with brass

Could try seeing what the price to get the plate laser cut out of steel would be from lasergist.

way to make it even shittier

benis

techkeys.us/products/onekeyboard

>$35 for a single switch which doesn't even include keycap or cable

that's not even the worst

Xiexie gemer. Anyone else?

Anybody know what this is? Google has failed me, I can't even get a wiki of the company.

Attached: IMG_20190901_184341864.jpg (4032x3024, 1.65M)

The back label.

Attached: IMG_20190829_121313290.jpg (3024x4032, 2.48M)

That's an Espirit keyboard

Attached: edc.jpg (2168x2008, 2.96M)

what is the best 60 keyboard with hot swappable switches? And does hot swapping add any delay to the presses?

>And does hot swapping add any delay to the presses?
Depends on how fast you can swap out the switches. I'd assume at least a few seconds.

>the ducky is sold out till october

fucking end it bros

Possibly these guys?
businesssearch.sos.ca.gov/CBS/Detail

I assume he means input lag, in which case the answer is no it doesn't.

don't know. It's probably a rubber dome over membrane. you could always take off a keycap

this was the first result in google
bitsavers.org/pdf/datapro/alphanumeric_terminals/Datapro_C25_Esprit.pdf

I am interested in trying out a silent red switch problem is I can only order them in packs of 10, is there a place where they sell single switches so I can get to pick which switches I want?

You could get a switch tester & pick out however many other switches you want too.

what keyboard sends my keystrokes directly to beijing and langley?

MantisTek GK2
rbt.asia/g/thread/62641401/#62645883

They all seem to come with pre selected switches though. Haven't seen one that let me pick which ones go with one

It was a joke you silly goose.

nth for still no good yellow backlit boards

Novelkeys has ones where you can select whatever you want. Seems to be out of stock right now though.

Is there a list of the top silent switches? I want my keyboard to be as least clickity clack as possible, my o rings are helpful but I still get the clack on upstrokes.

I’m thinking ab getting my self a cherry mx green full keyboard to have at my workstation

I have a tkl cooler master w/ browns that I don’t use because it’s ass and my gaming area uses my ducky one 2 w/ speed silvers.

Am I buying into a meme w/ greens? All I want it for is typing and I gotta the tenkey

mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=3485

Was checking out that bc it’s literally exactly what I have now just tenkey and greens

I’m in burger land and wanted to spend around $130 (backlight is cool but not required)

MX/Gateron silent, silenced Topre and Zilents are pretty damn quiet.

Get some flavor of box clickbar instead.

Thanks bro
Link brokie
Seems to only talk about the displays. It just says all the keyboards are the same with each package, except one. I guess these things are just too obscure.

there's always the retro computer wiki
terminals-wiki.org/wiki/index.php/Category:Esprit

Let it die imo.

Attached: probably not smart.jpg (2500x1667, 1.73M)

Trying to handwire into a 60% poker style case
How long do the standoffs between the case and the plate need to be?
It looks like its either 4 or 5mm but I can't tell which

youtube.com/watch?v=mP1p7-QeuRU

Here you are.

>buy unicomp
>have the old molds.
>still make a thinner cheaper keyboard
>still cannot design a tkl

why are they retarded? Why would anyone buy from these kikes?

They're just the same as the newer lexmark made model m boards, since that's exactly where the molds are from. And new molds are expensive, which is why they haven't made an SSK.

Is it easy to change the keycaps and plastic to white on the ducky. The white keyboard sold out and I have to wait a month for it or just get the black one right now.

chad

Well, almost, but not precisely. The plates are a bit thinner, and the old black rubber mat that protects the membrane was swapped out for a white latex mat on post-2014 Unicomp models. The latter bit is actually an upgrade to the overall feel, by the way, and almost makes them feel as crisp as a Model F. Some people even remove the mat entirely on older Model M's.

There are some unfortunate quality issues at Unicomp, though. Many of their cases are warped, which results in the creaking you hear on newer Unicomp keyboards. And I don't think the key fit is as tight as it used to be, my Unicomp's have a bit too much key wobble for my tastes. And their QA process needs a lot of work, to say the least.

That being said I would much rather buy a Unicomp than most other prebuilts on the market.

Thanks for the input, looking at ordering a set of the pale blues rn

Compose Character, PF keys. Those are used on Digital Equipment Corp.'s VT-x20 dumb terminals.

It looks like a knock-off of a VT-420 terminal keyboard. If the keyboard cable ends in a RJ-11 connector, this is a 100% certainty.

Yes, compare this keyboard to the DEC LK-401 keyboard. Your keyboard has 4 LEDs in a different place than DEC's 2 LEDs.

deskthority.net/wiki/DEC_LK401

Where are your caps? The powder and balls aren't doing much good without them.

>not watching this absolute gentleman
Explain yourself girls.
youtube.com/channel/UCkg8KHmPETozon2sL31wSBg

Attached: AiLanParty.jpg (2048x1536, 1.28M)

Gergoman bump.

Attached: Snapchat-1601782247.jpg (1440x2560, 1.05M)

big click energy

> Low profile keys that wont exhaust your fingers
> Wireless that works, no disconnections in months.
> Logitech flow, across devices
> Unifying receiver works with the objectively best mouse in the market, the MX Master 2, without increasing latency
> Battery lasts for about 2 weeks of work usage, charges in 1 hour.
> Type-C
> very strong build, can be transported in your backpack easily.
> Knob to have premium feel when adjusting volume.
> Made my own macros to use the knob for debugging in visual studio
> No annoying THOK THAK THOCK THACK THACK in the office, wont bother other co-workers.

Tell me Jow Forums, why dont YOU own the best modern office keyboard? Are you still falling for the memes? Too scared of change?

Attached: logitech-ifa-craft-3.jpg (3000x1688, 1.14M)

ebay.com/itm/Rosewill-Mechanical-Gaming-Keyboard-with-Cherry-MX-BLUE-Switches-Free-Shipping/263754251420
too good to be true or is $40 for a mx blue keyboard reasonable these days?

it is reasonable, rosewill is fairly cheap and refurbished would be even cheaper

Aw man it got deleted :(

What is the general consensus on HHKB? Is it any good or just topre meme?

not interested in sharing my passwords around, thank you

I like the switches, but not the layout.
Also for some reason the HHKB has only gone up in price as more and more people fall for the meme. You used to be able to get them for around 140-150, but now I can't find them for under 200.

isn't the topre leopold cheaper and higher build quality?

>flag
>gun
>logitech mouse
>high quality working mans keyboard

Checks out.

Any mech keyboards that are comfy for programmers? I don't mind kits or soldering something together myself.

HHKB

Attached: bjarne.jpg (630x303, 65K)

Why be paranoid about logitech? Use Windows? Microsoft has all your passwords. Use Android? Google or China have them. Use MacOS, Apple has everything you do in your PC logged... etc etc
Why care about Logi?

I'm pretty sure they mean that the keyboard's inputs are easy to intercept.

preference.

good but overpriced

Anything small split board with columnular stagger and thumb keys. I recommend a Gergo. Get a partial kit and it's a super easy soldering job. CRKB is another similar option.

If you're willing to put in significantly more work, a Dactyl Manuform. If you want the sculpting but not the work, you can order them made for you. Kinesis is an option too, but it's mostly just worse than a manuform for a similar cost to having one made for you, and DIY is way way cheaper.

Do not, under any circumstances, get any board with row stagger (the way you see keys offset on standard keyboards), it's fucking awful for your hands.

Shit like all boards that fail to split, remove row stagger, and introduce columnular stagger and thumb keys.

Attached: 7tyyuxaqkya31.jpg (4032x3024, 1.24M)

Is the Durgod k320 the best sub 100 bucks keyboard?

Attached: 1564585724190.jpg (635x634, 106K)

for prebuilts, yes

Opinion on the Ducky Shine 7?

>Link brokie
wops

go to businesssearch.sos.ca.gov/
and search for C1660803

Basically any gucci level mechanical keyboard manufacturers are a meme as soon as the patent got deactivated

The best board out there if you want to beat someone to death with rainbows.

Just got the Realforce pfu edition board. Gotta say I really like Topre switches, even if they are a meme. Just like the silence and smoothness of it.

That being said I would like to build a keyboard as a side project. What would be a decent soldering iron? Thinking about making a 75% with Zealios switches.

>What would be a decent soldering iron?
The TS100 is pretty decent, and cheap. Easy enough to 3D print an adapter so you can use hakko T12 tips on it. Just don't spend like $200 on a hakko FX888D. Either get a real FX-951 or a chink knockoff if you don't wanna spend the dosh for a real one.

Looking for a high-end 75%, but I haven't found any good ones. If you anons know any please tell

What's wrong with the KBD75

There's nothing wrong with it. I was just looking for something that was better than that.

>that time my shitpost on /csg/ got turned into an article because some retard had zero reading comprehension
ahh, good times

Attached: GK2.jpg (1565x1741, 191K)

ah shit just realised i didn't actually capture the mantistek logo

>Budget
Around $200 or less probably
>Location (continent at least)
USA
>Preferred switch type
Not sure, currently have Oetemu Blues which are a bit too loud, although I enjoy a bit of noise and I have no problems with the feel on my current keyboard. Not sure if I want more or less required force.
>Layout
Don't really care
>Form factor
Probably around 75%

>Backlight
Doesn't matter that much

>Previous/current keyboards
Redragon K580. Pretty good, just a bit too loud and takes up too much space

is there a list of non-gimmick fullsized iso keyboards?

novelkeys.xyz/products/novelkeys-springs
Don't have to give money to the korean scammer for springs now. Less options, but still.

Am I being scammed?

Attached: -286454408590402274.jpg (800x800, 127K)

my D key is wonky, sometimes when i press it once i get 'dd' and sometimes when i hold it (mainly when playing vidya FPS and strafing) it stops working for like half a second. is spraying WD-40 a good idea to try and fix it?

Attached: 1539196207825.jpg (576x768, 56K)