How do gaming companies get away with scamming their customers (using cheapshit ABS plastic and selling them to...

How do gaming companies get away with scamming their customers (using cheapshit ABS plastic and selling them to customers for overpriced crazy money)?

Attached: 2019-09-01 03.08.21.jpg (1400x600, 127K)

Nobody is being scammed, there is no false advertising in this case. Games are willing to overpay for disposable equipment without caring about plastic quality.

wow! /v/ermin are retarded!
stop the presses!

oh no a fading logo, whatever will I do

the cheapest mouse i ever bought actually has rgb, micron switches, pixart sensor, and soft rubber plastic shell. retards merely pay for the company's marketing, thats why they buy apple, nvidia, etc.

The right one is shoped, you can see how its misaligned to the text.

>its the plastics fault the printing wore off due to your corrosive sweat
how retarded are you?

generally 'gamer' gear has faster response times, this was shown by linus funny enough.

they also tend to have better sensors, having had crap laser and good laser, I don't like how clicking the mouse on the cheap one throws the point off by 10 pixels.

now, on side, I have a 5 year old and a 2 year old g600, on the 5 year old one the text is still clearly visible, and on the 2 year old one, a referbe replacement, the text is still visible.

>using cheapshit ABS plastic and selling them to customers for overpriced crazy money

well lets see here, the g600 is among the best mice I have ever used since my old intella mouse died. this mouse costs 34$ or less, new.

now if you buy expensive garbage, that's on you, personally I would no spend more than 50$ on a mouse unless it was god's gift to mice or came with one hell of a fuckin warranty.

PBT is harder to work with, leaves a more unpleasant - rough - texture, and has worse yield rates.

I don't see any problem with using ABS plastic
I don't see any problems with the plastic moldings in OP's pic.

I get that there are more expensive materials out there but why use them? You don't need impact resistance or thermal protection. You can't actually think that just because ABS is cheap that everything made out of ABS that isn't cheap is outrageously overpriced

What are you expecting? They could have made the mouse out of glass infused nylon, the ink still would have still worn off.

>and soft rubber plastic shell
Now THAT is a crime.

what am I seeing?

agree

It's still cheap construction. It's entirely possible to design the mouse in a way where the logos don't get rubbed off easily.

yea but literally who cares

it looks nicer without the stupid ass logo, i sanded mine off day 1

Nobody gives a shit about some retarded logo. What fails on these mice are the buttons because they start double clicking after couple years usually. Leave it to some moron LARPer on Jow Forums to not understand a single thing about the shit he's complaining about.

HI user, I'd like to like you know my G603 is awesome with ZERO LEDs, that's right! No LEDs, no RGB!

And EVEN better the Logitech wears off after a short 4 months!

It's perfect!

why? it feels wonderful compared to the hard cheap feeling plastic and doesnt retian dirt and grease as much either.

they need to sell more, so they intentionally make products that dont last

Funny how this hasn't happened with me

Funny enough Ducky made a PBT mouse and I bought one, they cheaped out on the cable and the friction from it rubbing on my mousepad caused the cable to wear down to the inner wire. You can't win

Funny how you didn't braid the cable to make it more durable.

If you've ever used a device made with that shit years after it gets super gummy and unpleasent to use. A mouse made with it is basically built to degrade.

been using mine for years and its degraded far slower than the "premium" logitech with hard plastic i had before that all get full of grime that needs to be cleaned daily as well. its just soft plastic. not actual rubber that disintegrates.

That paint/graphic issue is unfortunate.
But ABS is one of the better consumer plastics. Most OEM motorcycle plastics are made from ABS and they are fairly durable. It’s also extremely easy to work with. You can heat weld it, or if you lack the tools for that, you can make glue by dissolving it in acetone or a similar solvent.

Products are priced according to the market not what they cost to manufacture.

you can say the same thing to the people on

>bitching about pad printing

because ABS is just fine for something like that
you don't need fucking glass reinforced nylon

Same way as Asus and few other brands use shitty VRM in -Gaming products.

t. giganigger shill

Any suggestions for a good mouse for a price that isn't artificially raised for some shitty logo?

For me, it’s the g603 wireless :)

You find me a low latency, accurate non gaming wireless mouse and I will buy it in a heart beat.