Want to buy new monitor

>want to buy new monitor
>can't filter for TN panel because now every single company does their """own""" panel
>have to autistically look at every single screen to find out what panel it is and research if it's some meme panel
>refresh rate info hidden everywhere if it's not marketable (less than 120hz) and difficult to dig up the info sometimes.

Buying displays is fucking cancer

Attached: 1470951835013.png (1228x1150, 174K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/79r5rxS276Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>caring what type of display you have
>not buying the cheapest one you can find second hand
yes, yes, the true signs of a poorfag

>wanting TN display instead of glorious IPS
>actually giving a shit about refresh rate

Hijacking this shitty tech support thread so I can get tech support. What's a good cheap second monitor (with HDMI preferably) that can also rotate to portrait mode? (at 1920x1080)

IPS can't display pure black whereas TN can.
Anyways, even if you choose IPS, the same problem still persists

The whole spectrum of colors on TN displays look shit. Buying one just to get pure black is retarded.

that new low response rate LG IPS 1440p 144hz one coming this month going for that personally pretty sure theres a few more coming soon to look out for, bout time we're getting some good fucking monitors for decent prices.

literally wrong
contrast ratio of IPS is trash.
furthermore a good TN can reproduce decent colors (on par with VA) if you do some colour calibration

buy the Acer 144hz IPS panels or the LG 144hz IPS panels
can't go wrong with either

What's with this meme? Do you assholes actually calibrate your monitor, tweak with the contrast and brightness settings? Jesus. IPS colors, black levels, contrast, all look great. Especially the colors. Fuck the black levels, 'true blacks' for fuck's sake it looks great. I've owned all types of panels and IPS is what I chose in the end. Pic related is a photo I clicked from my panel, I'm sure it looks like absolute shit right, fucking tool.

Attached: 1.jpg (3682x3120, 1.38M)

My own brother who used TN panels saw the light with IPS, contrast is absolute shit on TN panels no matter what you tweak, colors look like shit too
he got a VA panel and sold it in a week for an IPS one, took that idioten long enough to do the right thing.

Attached: 2.jpg (2047x1357, 642K)

>capeshit
>on a computer screen

Attached: 1554955544135.png (1920x1080, 1.62M)

capeshit will look like ass in any panel

youtu.be/79r5rxS276Y

From the thumbnail alone, you can see the RADS sign is of a different shade, a lighter pink. These videos are memes. In person, these panels tell a whole other story. Anyone who isn't clinically retarded will pick IPS over others, especially since IPS panels are now getting better and better (144-240hz, 1ms, other things) leaving 0 reason to pick TNturd.

>1440p
on Im sorry, I didnt realize this was 2011 still.

hey bud I just wanted to give (you) a reply because I know making bait off the top isn't easy and I appreciate all that you do

Yeah sure bro, guess which one is TNshit here
hah, you losers are gonna get gassed now, proper IPS panels are here and no one's gonna be fooled into getting TNTURD anymore
fucking faggots

Attached: 1550390303503.jpg (1530x570, 417K)

>expecting a flat, colour graded brown mess to look decent on any panel.

It's just a nice shot I took when I got my panel first, same scene looked like ass on my previous TN panel. Look at the Witcher pic above it, it looks fantastic.

>These videos are memes
But he's testing one of the best if not the best TN monitor ever produced. It's an interesting watch and you can still see the inherent flaws.
>Anyone who isn't clinically retarded will pick IPS over others, especially since IPS panels are now getting better and better (144-240hz, 1ms, other things) leaving 0 reason to pick TNturd.
Agreed.

Attached: 1567370967510.png (1000x545, 497K)

>1440p
>1ms response times
>2011
didn't realise you were retarded

>bro just stare at your monitor dead on, don't move an inch

This is my favorite though.
>stand up
>it's pink/violet

Attached: 1567371111174.png (1822x791, 501K)

TN is the new CRT
Jow Forums is full of tech hipsters.

>bro why are you standing up, that's not a regular usage instance, sit ramrod straight and view the panel head on, stop bitching about nonexistent problems

TN > IPS > VA

>STOP DOING THINGS WITH TECHNOLOGY THAT I DON'T LIKE

>>can't filter for TN panel
pcpartpicker can do that now

Tfw I edit video and images and ips is fucking cancer
Waiting for oled to get cheap now