All new cars are internet of shit devices now. Some are even controlled by a computer inside them

All new cars are internet of shit devices now. Some are even controlled by a computer inside them.

The manufacturer puts some software on them, and then, like all internet of shit devices, it stops being updated in a ridiculous amount of time.

Then, you will be riding a car rocking a ten-year-old Linux kernel full of exploits wide open for someone -specially CIA niggers- to kill you. Feels good, ah?

Attached: More-Cars-Connected-to-Internet-than-Smartphones-in-2016.png (650x275, 283K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wired.com/2016/08/jeep-hackers-return-high-speed-steering-acceleration-hacks/
youtube.com/watch?v=OobLb1McxnI
m.phys.org/news/2019-03-offcyclists-human-drivers.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First thing to fail in any electronic device: the electronics

Good. Cars are cancer.

You can skirt this with cars that are only a few years old. Shit like the Honda Fit didn't have any of that shit until very recently.

i foresee a lot of driver errors, nyuk nyuk nyuk

*clears throat*
THEY DON'T MAKE 'EM LIKE THEY USED TO

Attached: saab-900-i-1978-1994-hatchback-3-door-interior-2.jpg (1920x1367, 265K)

I am a zoomer. I recommend a SKATEBOARD

>skateboard for transportation
You mean a longboard or cruiser

>being a carfag

Attached: 1546492035647.png (280x280, 103K)

>being a public transport user
LMAO

>not owning a car
You're not poor are you user?

Attached: 3zfqnz92jb221.png (960x960, 311K)

Go to bed carfags, you gotta get gas in the morning and don't forget to pay the car jews every time you scuff up your car.

Attached: 1547973029171.png (640x504, 67K)

I refuel once a month

And that's why I refuse to buy any cars made in the past 5-10 years.

iI's just easier to accept cars are lame shit and take no interest in anything made in the past 20 years.

> Some are even controlled by a computer inside them.
cars have had some form of control from computers for the best part of four decades, you thick cunt.
> it stops being updated in a ridiculous amount of time.
go back over a decade and car's software was permanently written in ROMs with the only way of updating is by replacing the ROMs, and that was fucking rare. there was never any need to update it.
>Then, you will be riding a car rocking a ten-year-old Linux kernel full of exploits wide open for someone -specially CIA niggers- to kill you
take your medication, you dribbling spastic.

>go back over a decade and car's software was permanently written in ROMs with the only way of updating is by replacing the ROMs, and that was fucking rare. there was never any need to update it
Those cars were not connected to the internet, so it's irrelevant.

> irrelevant
and here you are, bringing up the internet. (speaking of all things fucking irrelevant). take your fucking meds, you sad schizo. you have the opsec skills and intelligence of a damned toddler.

Based retard

Yeah bro lemme just push 5 miles uphill to the grocery store haha

DEW98

Attached: DEW98 collage.jpg (1200x1200, 376K)

They should have used TempleOS. No networking.

Imagine being too retarded to get a license. Bikefag cope.

>pay the car jews every time you scuff up your car
What did he mean by this?

Just remove the SIM card, brainlet.

unreliable pieces of shit

>Some are even controlled by a computer inside them
My 1987 Nissan Pathfinder's engine is controlled by a computer.
If you connect your car's computer to the internet, that's on you pal.

Good thing mine has a clutch. Doesn't matter what they try, manual cable handbrake and a clutch.

Wish I didn’t live in the traffic hellhole of Portland. Driving stick here is too much work.

I live in the traffic shithole of Seattle and make it work. That said, I want to leave Seattle so bad.

Using public transportation helps reduce vehicle carbon emissions tho

Last time I was in Seattle was 2010. It was a shithole already. Get out before you catch some ancient disease.

>muh carbonated emission

I'm just saving a good chunk of money so I can buy a house in cash in Texas and do something that actually is a livable job.

Oh boy it's the 737 Max all over again.

I like you.

Except for the fact that we have already had this happen already. wired.com/2016/08/jeep-hackers-return-high-speed-steering-acceleration-hacks/

Why are trumpkins so retarded? Your muh white race lineage will die out anyhow if we don’t stop global warming.

>Why are trumpkins so retarded? Your muh white race lineage will die out anyhow if we don’t stop global warming.
Global warming is a fairy tale for the unwashed masses. None of the predictions have come true, none of the temperatures readings are verifiable, abd we can't even get the weekly temperatures to be predicted correctly. People who believe magic climate God are mindless cultists.

>ORANGE MAN BAD

Attached: image.jpg (408x431, 27K)

And who would benefit from spreading such a lie? Certainly not the oil companies.

>And who would benefit from spreading such a lie? Certainly not the oil companies.
Oil companies DO benefit, and not only that, but there's also the rest of the fucking ruling class and every large corporation.

Could be true, tho I'd argue that the worst that could happen by developing better fuels is cleaner air in our cities, which is neat regardless.

>be carcuck
>must pay for oil for that sweet vroom vrroom
>must pay to fix the car when something breaks
>must pay to wash the car
>must pay tolls when driving
>must pay to park the car
>must pay car taxes
>must pay carbon emissions taxes
>"hahaga look at that basedcyclist cucked by da jews"
>"vroom broom internal combustion engine much superior"
>wake up
>"oh gosh thank god im american and dont habe to pay all the car taxes and shit like those commie yuropoors"
>get ready for work
>get on my car and start driving
>forgot that i live in florida
>a sinkhole opens on the road below my car and me
>get swallowed without possibility to scape
>thisistherightwaytodie.mkv

Being a cyclist in America is a suicide mission, even in supposedly bike-friendly cities.

>being an american is a suicide mission
fixed it for ya

You have to go back.

>>a sinkhole opens on the road below my car and me
>>thisistherightwaytodie.mkv
Ok this made me chuckle.

Attached: 1557115588592.jpg (218x265, 21K)

>Could be true, tho I'd argue that the worst that could happen by developing better fuels is cleaner air in our cities, which is neat regardless.
Carbon is not pollution.

This is my ride, a4 '98

> built to last
> routinely do 180 km/h for hours on end (ok on autobahns)
> works without being connected to the Internet
> cheap and easy to maintain
> totally based

Attached: a498.jpg (1280x720, 123K)

>must pay to fix the car when something breaks
Just like on a bike
>must pay to wash the car
Car washes are not mandatory.
>must pay tolls when driving
I have never paid a toll.
>must pay to park the car
I've never paid for parking either.
>must pay car taxes
My car's been unregistered for years.
>must pay carbon emissions taxes
Unless that falls under the gas tax, no.

Clearly you had to breathe too much CO2 to be this retarded.

>buying new cars
yikes

Unless you like working on your own car, it’s stupid to not buy newish cars. Cars today are more reliable than ever, and not all cars come with Internet connectivity.

>Unless you like working on your own car, it’s stupid to not buy newish cars. Cars today are more reliable than ever, and not all cars come with Internet connectivity.

Attached: 1564284306184.jpg (225x225, 7K)

Loads of zoomers use electric skateboards for transportation. Mainly a college campus thing but once they graduate they'll swarm the cities and be even worse than cyclists.

autism detected

They're all longboards or cruisers, like I said

Eric Holder killed Paul Walker by hacking his car.

IoT cars, not even once.

Attached: paul walker death.jpg (1280x720, 157K)

Scooters already beat them to it.

There's more of those than fucking cars right now down town.

cars are botnets now?
what a clown world.

my car can't connect to bluetooth let alone internet. Suck it OP

Attached: image.jpg (300x300, 3K)

>can’t make an argument
>better call him söy
>don’t directly reply either because muh (you)s
Go take your sorry faggot ass somewhere else.

>>can’t make an argument
>>better call him söy
>>don’t directly reply either because muh (you)s
>Go take your sorry faggot ass somewhere else.

Attached: 1444567456324.png (233x217, 9K)

Attached: 0341D549-95F8-4399-9209-4F652CEAEE48.jpg (300x300, 19K)

Just because I said something intelligent doesn't mean I'm autistic.

>not all cars come with Internet connectivity that's actually usable by and useful to the driver
All new cars come with some wireless connectivity, even in Russia. It's not for your benefit though, unless you pay out of the ass for options to actually use that connectivity (but only in ways your (((automaker))) allows).

What stops you from removing the modem or buying a car without the infotainment system?

>without the infotainment system
Then the radios and the botnet are there with zero net benefit to you. They are non-optional and, most of the time, not even listed as a feature anywhere in customer documentation.

>removing a modem
If you lucked out and got a car where the radio is a separate part, sure, go for it. You will definitely void your warranty and might have to reflash\replace ECU with aftermarket part because the stock won't start without the radio present.
If the car was developed and produced recently, there's serious chance of antenna being traced out on ECU PCB and the radio either soldered to same PCB or even integrated into the ECU chip itself. It's cheaper to make it like that. You'd have to install fully custom ECU solution (for a new platform car, so that might not exist for some time, or probably ever if your car isn't particularly riceable), and your warranty is void and servicemen might be obligated to report you to the manufacturer or even to your local transit safety authority for gross safety and ecological compliance issues stemming from hacking a third-party device into your highly optimized new car.

>that POS
>built to last
then why the fuck do these things keep popping up as parts cars all over my facebook

hackers and glows already do this drive an old bomb
youtube.com/watch?v=OobLb1McxnI

>they're all Chryslers

Attached: 1548997935459.jpg (275x326, 8K)

Just buy one every odd year like a normal person that's precisely why manufactures work hard to offer new models.

You could use a controller to drive your car if you wanted, nothing is mechanically linked anymore.

Attached: 4L_xMIKreji.jpg (1144x1144, 192K)

fug Obbbb Pre-Singleframe Audis are damn fine

Fuck off we're full and don't want you

Damn right, they make silly jelly beans now

Attached: 1280px-Volvo_240GL_front_20090203.jpg (1280x692, 212K)

I'm just gonna buy an old humvee and rebuild it from the ground up and skip all the modern shit.

This is what a car with no electronics really looks like. All mechanical diesel with mechanical transmission and it even uses vacuum to shut it off.

Attached: 9704951-1977-mercedes-benz-300d-std.jpg (1280x960, 283K)

it is a 21 year old car, and is only as good as your care for it. Mine is in tip-top condition.

Why would the CIA want to kill me? I'm a good goy. I go to work, come home, drink beer and play video games.

>fast enough
>still somewhat modern and comfortable compared to newer cars
>no botnet
>decently roomy, will carry 4 non-obese people comfortably
>can be fixed in your driveway
>reliable (even more so if it's a manual) with cheap parts
>sips fuel

Is the Honda Civic the Thinkpad of cars?

Attached: CAB80HOC021D0101.jpg (2100x1386, 135K)

state enforced car insurance in north america, absolutely degenerate practice and one of the problems with having a debt based economy.

It's funny to think about... For all the money I've dumped into insurance, I've recouped perhaps 1/8 of it from a hit and run. I never caught the fucker and had to use my insurance and now my rate will go up in the next cycle. Insurance companies can get fucked. This law shouldn't even be legal.

looks like shit
just get a lada

>works without being connected to the Internet
good luck diagnosing vacuum leaks

Well often it's actually the batteries.

HE HAD THE GREATEST SENDOFF IN ALL OF MOVIES

IT PAYS TO BE FAMILIA
>The final scene where Paul Walker's car veers off the main road onto a ramp is reminiscent of the missing man formation flown by military pilots when they have lost a comrade.

Attached: Furious.Seven.2015.Extended.Cut.BluRay.1080p.jpg (1920x800, 317K)

The only bad thing about owning a car is the state mandated insurance, I'll give you that one bikefag. But I love my cars and would not trade them for anything. I love the emotion of the drive, the pride I have keeping a marvel of engineering on the road. I've owned a few vintage bicycles and they we're fun to tinker with and keep them looking and running nice, but cars are just leagues better. I can travel in inclement weather, carry things or people inside with me, and I can lock things inside of it for safety or later use. On top of this, gasoline is cheap in the usa. I'm sorry you hold contempt for us cagies, but I wont be thinking of you in my climate controlled, 4 seater, boosted motor-carriage. Enjoy the weather, friend.

I imported a JDM Toyota Hilux, simply because I wanted an unkillable diesel engine and a overall simple vehicle.
The fucker doesn't even have OBD.
Shares many parts with the american 4runner and is simply awesome.
I'd recommend one of these to someone that doesn't want the tech feature bloat of every car made after 2010.

>>>/niggerfuckoffbacktoreddit/

That’s only if you’re dumb enough to pay for comprehensive insurance or use insurance to cover minor shit instead of paying out of pocket.

m.phys.org/news/2019-03-offcyclists-human-drivers.html
Get squished, bugman.

Attached: 17418F01AA604F3ABF6BFC1FBB5F1ECA.jpg (236x187, 19K)

Too bad, it's going to happen.

Yours? Maybe. But not my car.

How much did it cost?