*Case wallet chad coming through*

*Case wallet chad coming through*

Attached: 338704FB-038B-4661-86B0-2AD0FEBEC490.jpg (700x370, 54K)

>case wallet
>chad
try again

More like a retard. If a case wallet blocks the RFID of your credit/debit cards, it will also block it from your phone. If it doesn't, your credit/debit cards are vulnerable.

well sucks to be the merchants because im not liable for fraudulent purchases on my debit or credit cards.

>Sucks to be merchants.
This is coming from someone that's never had such a thing happen to them before. You'll get your money back. Eventually. Could take a few months.

nah i just call them and say it's a fraudulent charge and i want them to initiate a charge back as per the users agreement. never had any problems with getting them to cancel fraud charges.

I know a guy who got dropped by his credit card company for too many fraudulent charges.

is this the new /spg/ ?

well if you have an insanely bad charge back rate you might get kicked out of one card but there are plenty of other companies. but the issue still stands, RFID theft of credit cards is such a uncommon occurrence that credit card companies don't even require you to have them shielded as per the users agreement, that and the limit of charge is 100 bucks and you can't do more than a few a day before it cuts you off.

This is something Ive only seen women carry. My wife included. I prefer a money clip and a phone in a slim case to keep my profile down.

My friend's got one, I gave him so much shit when he lost his phone

desu I'd like to use one, but it'd be too dangerous. Is a big risk i don't wanna take.

Why do you need to carry cards in 2k19?

>now you lose your wallet and phone at the same time!
get a billfold faggot

>Merchants have just increased the price of EVERYTHING by like 3% to cover payment fees.

>Notched phone
>Chad

Such is the state of the USA.

I don't trust my phone.

>using a case
Never gonna make it

Are you the fucker that made the same thread on Jow Forums? It's the same picture

There's always the potential for having a situation where you can't use tap, like in some cabs or stores that refuse to implement them.
>eyes locally run neighbourhood convenience store and Walmart

I dont understand this losing your wallet seems equally likely as losing your phone. Its not like removing one of them increases the odds of losing the other

What are the odds of losing both your phone and wallet at the same time? With a wallet phone case if you lose one you lose both.

>having a situation where you can't use tap, like in some cabs or stores that refuse to implement them
Live in Australia, have not seen this in several years. I have seen places that are cash only but in that case I'll avoid them altogether, likely dodge taxing and underpaying cunts anyway (almost all Asian stores).

>dodge taxing
Tax dodging*
Brain died

What if you work somewhere where a phone isn't allowed? Do you just keep taking the case off all the time?

Then this phone case isn't for you

Have fun when your phone breaks and you have no way to pay for anything

It's okay, I have a Fossil Sport too.

Use a Nokia 3310 (2017). Battery lasts at half charge for 1 year when stored away turned off. Imagine when if I had this puppy turned on. Have a debit card and driver license in duct tape wallet
can make unlimited wallets from a roll of 3M duct tape

solid set up. battery issues and thieves are avoided

>using a wallet at all in 2019
>not just using your phone as the keys to your house and car, your wallet and your virtual ID
ngmi

Yeah nothing like a single point of failure for all those crucial uses
>phone's dead, can't get in my car
>can't call a cab because my phone's dead
>even if I did get a cab, I can't pay because my phone's dead
>ah, finally home
>oh shit, how do I get inside

>tyrone look at this stupid honky! ima steal evrrythang tehehe
>no money
>gets shot/stabbed

Solution: smart watch to be used in tandem with the phone.
If the phone dies, you have your watch. If the watch dies, you've got your phone. Chances that they'll both be dead at the same time with no way to charge either of them in sight unlikely.

Smart watches are trash, nothing like having to regularly charge my fucking watch. Hey I should switch to Bluetooth headphones too because charging a fuckload of shit regularly is so much fun

Solution: wireless charging pads with multiple spots.
To be fair, you only really need to charge wireless earbuds once every few weeks. Not every night.

Scratch the watch, carry a power bank and put a battery case on the phone. Little fucker will NEVER die or even dip below 90%.

What earbuds are you talking about? Because I know I'd have to recharge AirPods at least once a day.

Or I can carry money that never needs to be charged

>Because I know I'd have to recharge AirPods at least once a day.
How much music do you listen to in a day?
And when you say "charge," do you mean put the earbuds back in the case or plug the case in? Because you only have to plug the case in every two weeks on average. Most people just put the earbuds back in the case whenever they're not in use.
AirPods get about 6 hours in a charge, and the case charges them from dead to full about 5-7 times.

I prefer wallet cases because it's easier to keep track of and carry around one item instead of 2. not to mention the increased attention you give the singular object since it is both a wallet and phone.

>Or I can carry money that never needs to be charged
said the technology board

RFID guarding is a meme. It's much better to have everything bundled into one lump and have fewer pockets occupied on a daily basis than to use a special wallet for something that is probably never going to happen to you.
Most cases of identity theft don't even happen that way anyway. Stolen/scanned cards are one of the least common ways to steal money.

>How much music do you listen to in a day?
4-8h+
>Because you only have to plug the case in every two weeks on average. Most people just put the earbuds back in the case whenever they're not in use.
See that's another really dumb part about airpods. I have to carry a propriety power bank that only works with them.

Just because it's tech doesn't make it better. By your logic replacing a real fireplace with a TV playing a looping video of a fireplace would be an upgrade

>4-8h+
Yeah, you should be fine with most wireless earbuds. If you listen to more than 8 hours in a day, you might need to take a 10-minute break to let the earbuds charge to full again, but once that's over you can go for another 6-8 uninterrupted hours.
>See that's another really dumb part about airpods. I have to carry a propriety power bank that only works with them.
I kinda like that. Better than having loose earbuds just kinda floating around in your pocket. Better than having a comically short battery life before you need to plug each one in individually.
You can still plug the case into a non-proprietary power bank via the cable. A bank for your bank, lmao.

>By your logic replacing a real fireplace with a TV playing a looping video of a fireplace would be an upgrade.
b-but...that would unironically be an upgrade. central heating > fireplace, but a tv looping a video of a fireplace would give you the same feel without the risk of, you know, burning your house down. virtual flames are ultimate /comfy/

>you might need to take a 10-minute break to let the earbuds charge to full again
Which is unacceptable
>I kinda like that
You like that Apple neglected to add a USB A port, forcing you to carry two power banks if you plan to charge anything other than your AirPods?

Fucking pathetic

>a ten minute break from more than 8 hours of listening is unacceptable
I mean...if you say so...
>You like that Apple neglected to add a USB A port, forcing you to carry two power banks if you plan to charge anything other than your AirPods?
???
The other end of the Lightning cable is USB-A. You can use the same cable to charge the AirPods that you'd use to charge your phone.

>Single point of failure

>You like that Apple neglected to add a USB A port, forcing you to carry two power banks if you plan to charge anything other than your AirPods?
autism

A female USB port

Yeah it's so autistic to want to avoid needless redundancy and bulk

>A female USB port
That would be kind of useless on a device so small. Female Lightning makes more sense on that scale.
>Yeah it's so autistic to want to avoid needless redundancy and bulk
It's just a tiny little square. It's not that bulky. It's not a nuisance.
Would you prefer if each earbud themselves had a female USB-A port so you could plug them directly into any power bank you wanted?

what would a female usb port on an airpods case even be useful for?

>398mAh
Shit you're right, this'd be practically useless as a power bank
>Would you prefer if each earbud themselves had a female USB-A port so you could plug them directly into any power bank you wanted?
Tiny barrel plugs would be wonderful, actually.

Charging stuff, duh. I just didn't realize how dinky its battery was.

Why over complicate things? The chance two complicated, fragile devices will break is far higher than a piece of plastic. If you're not a publicuck transport pleb you have to carry your driver's license with you anyway, so what's one more card?

People that use a case wallet look so fucking stupid, fucking double handing that shit

Why not just have a card holder if you want to not carry something as thick as a wallet

>plugging something in every few days is hard

>If you're not a publicuck transport pleb you have to carry your driver's license with you anyway
Actually a few states are testing virtual ID's. Pull up an app on your phone, sign in and it shows a code authorities can scan for info on you.

>forcing you to carry two power banks if you plan to charge anything other than your AirPods?
I am so fucking confused as to how you came to that conclusion, at most you'd need two cables since almost all powerbanks have more than one port.

I hate having to charge my phone every other day. Adding a watch, headphones, etc. to the mix is just dumb, especially when my current versions never need charging. Literal downgrades.

What are you not following? The AirPods case is a powerbank that only charges AirPods, which means that if I want the ability to charge anything not AirPods, I need a second powerbank.

>especially when my current versions never need charging.
Technically untrue pertaining to wired headphones/earbuds. You charge them whenever you plug them in. They just don't retain that charge after you unplug them.

>The AirPods case is a powerbank that only charges AirPods
That's a stretch and a half.
>especially when my current versions never need charging
Except carrying around cash, handling change and withdrawing/depositing cash is going to take more time than simply charging a watch. That's IN the event that your phone dies, which seems to be a major worry for you for whatever reason, perhaps it's because you only charge your phone every 2 days.

OH NO THE RUSSIANS ARE GONNA HACK MY $800 BANK ACCOUNT WITH THEIR BOTS AND SATELLITES

fuckin autists, man

>The AirPods case is a powerbank that only charges AirPods, which means that if I want the ability to charge anything not AirPods, I need a second powerbank.
ok now to the average person, this is not a big deal. battery life, maybe. but this 'durr but whatabout muh redundancy' shit is not normal. nobody who uses wireless earbuds naturally thinks to themselves, "gosh, I just WISH I didn't have this stupid case bogging me down all the time!"

The AirPod is so fucking small that it's a non issue, I think it's one of the smallest if not the smallest charging case for wireless earphones and could even fit into a women's pockets.

Best way to get all of your stuff stolen at once

>Technically untrue pertaining to wired headphones/earbuds. You charge them whenever you plug them in. They just don't retain that charge after you unplug them.
No. You power them but you don't charge them. Either way the point is that they're always ready for use.

>That's a stretch and a half.
No, that's literally what it is.
>Except carrying around cash, handling change and withdrawing/depositing cash is going to take more time than simply charging a watch.
There is nothing you can tell me that will convince me to drop cash. I can pay when the Internet's out, I can make small purchases without the vendor saying no, there's no tracking, etc.

I don't really give a damn about the average person.

>You power them but you don't charge them.
You power them by delivering an electrical charge.
You charge them.

>I don't really give a damn about the average person.
aw, aren't you special? the case is too much for this precious soul. good thing he's not the average person.

"I hate AirPods because they come with a case that allows you to charge them."
- Jow Forums

Again, the point is they're always ready for use.

That's not even remotely what I said.

...Of all the things you could complain about with AirPods - the sound quality, the non-repairability, the price - you choose to go with this? Oh no, it has a proprietary charging case. What will we do now that this evil has been unleashed?

Attached: 1432382969371.jpg (196x178, 13K)

>just replace all your stuff that doesn't need to be charged with stuff that does
>why are you complaining that one of those new battery powered devices comes with a proprietary powerbank

Cope seethe tranny dilate have sex

>Again, the point is they're always ready for use.
This also happens to pretty much be the case for wireless earbuds. Highly unlikely they'll die on you and if they do, it's only a short gap of time before you can start using them again. A 10 minute break in the middle of a 12-hour listening stint isn't a big deal at all.

>just replace all your stuff that doesn't need to be charged with stuff that does
Nobody asked you to do any of that, though. You're the one who brought up that idea.
>Hey I should switch to Bluetooth headphones too because charging a fuckload of shit regularly is so much fun

>This also happens to pretty much be the case for wireless earbuds.
If that were the case they'd be magical and never die.

Because someone suggested getting a smartwatch for when your phone dies because you're too retarded to carry cash and/or cards

Only teens, poors and tasteless fags have phone wallets. Real men, Chads and other well-adjusted members of society have a traditional wallet.

The proprietary power bank isn't a problem at all. It's how you pair the earbuds to your devices, it's how you charge the earbuds themselves (and the power source could be anything you want), and it's too tiny to get in the way.
It's a far better option than just not having an included charging case at all.
You're whining about nothing for attention at this point.

>Because someone suggested getting a smartwatch for when your phone dies because you're too retarded to carry cash and/or cards
Irrelevant. Nobody told you to use wireless earbuds.

>If that were the case they'd be magical and never die.
Sure, just ignore everything else in the post, that's cool.
What I was saying was that the use case is mostly the same. They're not likely to die on you because people just don't listen to that much music, and if they do, it's not that much of an inconvenience. People don't listen to hours and hours and hours of unbroken music without at least taking a small break.
So, effectively, the usage is the same. I'm not saying the run off of magical, endless energy. It's just that the battery is definitely long enough to suffice.

I wasn't saying it shouldn't exit, I was saying it should be for more than just the AirPods. I didn't realize how tiny its battery was though.

No, very relevant. Someone suggested replacing a device I don't need to charge with one I do, which I countered by suggesting I replace other devices I never need to charge with ones that require regular charging.

>Sure, just ignore everything else in the post, that's cool.
The rest of your post was just clarifying that your first sentence was wrong, it didn't need to be addressed.

>The rest of your post was just clarifying that your first sentence was wrong, it didn't need to be addressed.
Nope, that's wrong. I specifically used the words, "pretty much," because I wanted to imply that the experience is effectively the same, not exactly the same.
You said, "Either way the point is that they're always ready for use," and that's pretty much the experience with wireless earbuds. They're pretty much ready whenever you need them.

>Someone suggested replacing a device I don't need to charge with one I do, which I countered by suggesting I replace other devices I never need to charge with ones that require regular charging.
That was still your idea. We were talking about cards. There was no reason to bring bluetooth earbuds into it outside of your faulty line of thinking, which was, "Well, if (a), then (b) too!" No one told you to use wireless earbuds if they're not for you. You flung that problem onto yourself.

In other words they're a downgrade from normal headphones that literally always are ready.

>That was still your idea
Yes, countering a stupid suggestion with an equally stupid suggestion was my idea.

>that literally always are ready.
Not always. Cables can fray. Headphones can die regardless of whether they're wired or wireless. You can't really say that your wired headphones are "always" ready, either.

>Yes, countering a stupid suggestion with an equally stupid suggestion was my idea.
So you admit that your idea was stupid and therefore irrelevant, yes?

>Yes, countering a stupid suggestion with an equally stupid suggestion was my idea.
Bad argumentative tactic. Refute the idea itself rather than randomly throwing other hypotheticals that you deem 'equal,' otherwise the original topic gets abandoned as the conversation derails, much like this one did.

Imagine carrying physical cards around when you can store it digitally in your phone

Well yeah but that's an inevitability that can take years to happen, if ever. Batteries are guaranteed to die regularly if used regularly.

No, I admit that it was my idea and stand by my statement that it was very relevant.

>Refute the idea itself
That's exactly what I did by comparing it to something equally as dumb.

but where does my cash go

>That's exactly what I did by comparing it to something equally as dumb.
That's not really much of a rebuttal. That's just you saying, "That's stupid. Here's an equally stupid, mildly related idea," without actually explaining what's stupid about the original idea or why you think it's stupid.

>That's not really much of a rebuttal.
Apparently not. I thought it'd be rather clear that I'm not a fan of charging things but instead I would up with droves of retards trying to tell me it's not that bad

>Well yeah
Oh good, it's settled, then. Neither wired nor wireless earbuds are "always" ready for use.

My wife uses her phone case as a wallet but I still prefer a regular wallet

Well nothing broken is ready for use. That's a given that shouldn't need to be stated, you fucking pedant.

How is this technology and the topic of legitimate tech censorship not?

>Everybody else is the retard but me. I'm the only one.
Have you considered that the benefits of things that need to be recharged often outweigh the drawback of actually having to recharge those things, and that's why most people put up with having to recharge things?

>Have you considered that the benefits of things that need to be recharged often outweigh the drawback of actually having to recharge those things
I have, they don't.

Great, so we agree then. Neither wired nor wireless earbuds are "always" ready for use.

Well then maybe you're the retard, and everyone is ganging up on you for that reason.