Why are you not using Arch? Even Greg Kroah-Hartman uses it

Why are you not using Arch? Even Greg Kroah-Hartman uses it.
youtu.be/sDrRvrh16ws?t=1573
youtu.be/sDrRvrh16ws?t=1637

Attached: mpv-shot0001.jpg (3840x2160, 847K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=153281
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

But I'm using Arch.

I also use Arch :) (btw)

GKH keeps saying Linux distribution instead of GNU/Linux distribution in these videos. How does that make you feel

I just use manjaro lmao

>Why are you not using Arch?
systemd

>autism

greg is a big guy

Oh God, I can't stand it when people say OS EX instead of OS X.

how do you pronounce it then?

He uses it because he wants to have the bleeding-edge latest versions of stuff. That's exactly the opposite of what I want.

Because I actually have a job and need to use by pc to be productive

FIX FAN NOISE REGRESSION FINALLY

>bleeding-edge
you mean release

well and thanks to most upstreams (the kernel included) doing that "rapid release" crap these days, yes, the release version is bleeding edge. Release in 2019 generally means what beta used to mean.

t. 4.19 LTS

>the release version is bleeding edge
no
bleeding edge is dev or git etc

>29min
that poo is wrong. it doesn't matter how big the update is - it will work
t. sync'd once a year

distinction without much of a difference, a lot of upstreams will just snapshot the latest version in git and put a number on it and call it a release.

Wrong. There are goal set for releases.

bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=153281
>bugs are quickly solved guise
>it's been 3 years

I'm using Manjaro because it's not that autistic and I'm a slow learner.

mackohss

>converted all cloud instances to arch
based

>I'm a slow learner
sounds like you're the one who's autistic

Maybe. But I like my distro comfy and bot free. But I'm too stupid for stuff like gentoo or arch. Manjaro gives me the freedom I need without enslaving me to use the arch wiki everyday

Manjaro defeats the purpose of Arch by shoving their retarded "tweaks" in there. Honestly, use it if you want, but Manjaro devs are idiots, and if you've been using it with any success, that alone says you can handle using Arch. I made the mistake of using Manjaro out of laziness, and had to fix more shit than I ever had to mess with in Arch. Their desktop editions may look well composed, but they function like crap.

Artix

>Appeal to the authority
John "Maddog" Hall, board chair of a professional Linux related org is gay.
Why aren't you sucking cock right now? Oh wait, you actually do.

this, I run my home server on arch

Really rolls my release.

Not all projects necessarily have the same release standards. Some just tag a commit and call it good

I actually would like to switch if I didn't have to delete all my shit for doing so

>he doesn't have a separate home partition
Why are you so dum dumb?

I've said I'm a slow one

he looks like the chad version of bagelcel

Attached: 1562946259129.jpg (618x410, 81K)

>Greg, please do the needful
kek

Arch is intended solely for people who have so little to do with their life that they would actively seek out an unstable system in order to have something to waste their otherwise useless time on. Many arch users aren't employed at all, and those that are have even less of a social life than the typical linux nerd stereotype. People who actually need to do work with linux will use ubuntu, debian, centos, or opensuse, and those who need a bleeding edge system will use fedora, debian sid, or tumbleweed. there is literally no use case for arch which is not filled better by a different distro, aside from allowing incels to be 'proud' that they accomplished something so trivial as reading the arch wiki (actually a godsend tho) for 15 minutes to install their joke distro. No webserver which has any business application runs arch, no companies' workstations run arch due to instability issues, and your elitist/minimalist/not-for-noobs/customizable stance is utterly raped and murdered by the existence of gentoo. Archtards are the most pathetic breed of linux users. The only good thing to ever come from arch is the wiki.

does manjaro count?

>and those who need a bleeding edge system will use fedora, debian sid, or tumbleweed.
lol, inb4 having to look for repositories every time you want to install anything. Arch is annoying to install, but that's it

This. Fuck arch its the reddit distro.

every day i dislike Arch a bit more, would like to switch to devuan or void but then i remember the reason i was using Arch and it was the up to date packages in combination with git repos that handle dependencies for you.

it was Mac OS X in which the X is roman numeral 10 (the last version of Mac OS before we went Unix was 9.2.2). Therefore people should be saying Mac OS Ten.

however we have since dropped the 10, no longer cite version numbers, and stylized all the OS' between mac, watch, and phone so it's just "macOS" (mack-oh-ess).

OS X (os-ecks) actually is (or was) a product from a totally different company that still has a copyright on the name.

I heard he's really sympathetic towards SJWs. Is that true? (not that I care as far as his personal opinions don't influence his work)

what do you think about unironically gentoo?
did hear OpenRC was slow, though

that fucking chad beard

same, i was going to install something different on my new laptop because installing Arch is annoying, but only Fedora sounded ok, but it sounded even more annoying

>mozilla releases firefox 69.9
>you install the upstream version on windows
>arch gets version 69.9 within a day
>debian is still on 40

this is what you want?

>arch
>using unstable software

No thank you! I use Windows 10 Fast-Ring Insider Preview, thank you very much!

homOSeX

>what is OS X at home?
homOSeX

Who?

guy that filled in for Linus when he was at SJW camp

Thanks