Starting my java enterprise job today. What should I be expecting?

Starting my java enterprise job today. What should I be expecting?

Attached: o4w97sa7iidz[1].jpg (720x720, 72K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/EnterpriseQualityCoding/FizzBuzzEnterpriseEdition
gist.github.com/Karasiq/a793a7b2ed5bcece6b14
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>What should I be expecting?
FactoryBuilderFactory
>enterprise
performance assertation reviews

Cringe old meme format bro

a relatively comfy job with very little excitement

>performance assertation reviews

Attached: 1567402088892.jpg (1264x1134, 604K)

hope you love REST APIs

To perform tasks in exchange for currency

i hope you like mountains of bureaucracy led entirely by esl pajeets

Frustration and money.

Anything better than SOAP.

>What should I be expecting?
hell
oop was created to enslave and kill your mind.
unlearn java and learn computer graphic in C++

this should be what you expect: github.com/EnterpriseQualityCoding/FizzBuzzEnterpriseEdition

I have compiled your suggestions. They did prepare me for the job. was near correct, except the bureaucracy is all automated.

thank you for this link user.

>except the bureaucracy is all automated
So it's a startup? because in every big company, things like getting a new LCD, desk or chair are a fun, full-time activity.

>Working on Labor day
Shoulda got a job in burgarland, bucko!

Attached: 1389508539214.gif (480x320, 2.99M)

>Java
>Burgerland

Attached: 12312659813.jpg (800x450, 79K)

>not doing labor on labor day

Nah. They have like 400k employees world wide. You just fill out fields and press submit.

Actually looks decent for learning java design patterns

t. enterprise java dev

Well
gist.github.com/Karasiq/a793a7b2ed5bcece6b14

I want to answer this question but first I need a factory for it.

Heelo sir I am u replace. Please do needful and clean desk

>Pajeet gets hired with no experience
>Drops $500 out of his paycheck to pay sommeone in india to do his code
>Gets paid for free

Mighty nice scam

Some countries prevent that by having you to pay X times more than you would pay a local where X is a coefficient derived from some table.

I once worked for a company whose entire test/QA/version control system was an excel spreadsheet connected to an Access DB.

Done a change? Put a new row in the "Code changes" sheet with your name, date, and files you touched.
Did some test? put them in the "tests performed" sheet! And don't forget to link to the "tests" sheet where every test is described.
QA was done weekly and they'd put their changes in the spreadsheet, on the "quality assurance" sheet.

I heard the old boomer manager retired and now they use Azure Devops. Thanks heaven for those poor souls.

But C++ is OOP too

I did it for a couple years pretty soul crushing and not for me.
>30-90 min to compile
>fixing pajeet spaghetti code all the time
>douchebag elitist devs throwing you under the bus
>doing all the work nobody else wants
Hope you have a better experience.

> Spring (if you're lucky, otherwise a horrific homegrown mess awaits)
Without it, the language wouldn't be usable as scale reasonably.

> bloat
Helps abstract the shit code some of your colleagues write so it's not as painful to deal with.
Won't make them not shitty programmers tho

> XYZService is a 800-lines class with 200 methods and it's all intertwined weirdly
It was probably written 20 years ago, without any version control or tests cause they weren't very fancy yet, and XYZ was managing something totally different but business changed and decades of lazy "small edits to quickly add that feature" made it

> Takeaways
Java is actually comfy if you get to be on Java 8+ and Spring Boot (ideally 2+). Otherwise it's a pile of shit.

I work at a company with 40k employees... getting a new mouse or monitor is a few clicks on some intranet site. Someone out there approves and it shows up at my desk in a few days. #spoiled

WEAPON OF JAVA

Money and comfiness.

Also, everyone programming in java has to study a lot because java can be quite cumbersome, so expect your colleagues to actually know what they're doing.

>tfw your boss asks you to push a bunch of updates prod before they're ready, and its buggy all as hell but that's ok because none of your customers actually use your software, they just keep paying you because everybody there who remembers signing the contract has been laid off
enterprise saas lyfe

I mean that's a shit process but it sounds better than some places I've been. I was once at a startup where we had continuous deployments straight to prod, because that's more 'agile'. Fuck that was a nightmare

i wonder how much of the b2b software industry is funded by contracts that have been completely forgotten by the company

>Anything better than SOAP.
SOAP sucks to write and maintain, but is piss easy to consume. The only real failures on the consumption part is having to regenerate the client on every major change and a lack of real versioning.

REST is the future, but hell if JSON doesn't bring XML's performance problem's with it.

From my experience that's the entire b2b industry. Typical contract lifecycle is
>sales blatantly lies about our company at a tradeshow, the dumbest person in the room somehow falls for it and agrees to meet the sales rep for drinks
>the sales rep is accompanied by the 1 woman in the entire company who isn't a hideous middle aged office slag is a 24 year old communications major who was hired because titties
>sales rep promises whatever it takes to close the contract, doesn't even know what business we're in or what our software does, so technically they aren't lying
>a vp plus a sales """engineer""" goes on site with the prospect, armed with a slideshow of mockups our ui guy made last minute showing whatever product we promised the customer we actually had, as well as some super fancy flowcharts that mean absolutely nothing
>this works because customers are even dumber than we are
>pilot contract signed
>frantic programming to ship them something, usually dig up some shit we built a long time ago back when we were competent for a contract that's been over for years, get it up and running again (or at least running well enough for a demo)
>we show them the shit we put together, it doesn't do what we promised, half the time it isn't even close but that's ok because by that point the customer forgot what we had promised them
>they try clicking around in the demo environment for a bit, it kinda works because all the data behind it is fake
>another onsite meeting and the saas contract gets signed
>after 1 month we are getting 0 traffic from the customer, but the bossman there doesn't want to admit he wasted money, or he'll lose budget for his department, so he tells finance he's still using our software, and we put together a slick presentation with him oh how our software is revolutionizing his company, which promptly shows to a vp
>2 years later they're still paying us, our software still doesn't work
>eventually the customer goes under
kill me

>hell if JSON doesn't bring XML's performance problem's with it.
use protobufs man, they're gay as fuck but at least they ser/de is fast

>Google's object serializer
I'll check it out. Thanks, user.

is Java Enterprise Businesses so fucking bad? I don't mind getting payed for doing lazy shit but this is borderline scamming.

Not him but I'm constantly working on projects that never see fruition. It's all a scam.

A surprising amount of your job will involve CYA - cover your ass.
Document well so that your coworkers can't blame you for their stupid mistakes.