OH NO NO NO NO NO

tomshardware.com/news/amd-ryzen-3000-not-hitting-advertised-boost-speeds-survey,40291.html

OH NO NO NO NO NO

Attached: aHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmJlc3RvZm1pY3JvLmNvbS9FL1AvODQ5NDA5L29yaWdpbmFsL2Rlcjh1ZXIuSlBH.jpg (1510x1021, 732K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mydirtyhobby.com/profil/35497851-MarryFox
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

De8auer might know his shit, but I'll take his words with a grain of salt when it comes to Ryzen 3000. It has no real overclock headroom, and since he's selling handpicked OC'd Intel CPUs at premium, it's in his best financial interest to shit on Ryzen 3000.

That said, AMD not hitting its advertised boost clocks is still a shitshow.

Attached: ranger reaction shrug.gif (219x200, 503K)

what's sigma?

sigma balls

*smegma

>tomshardware

Zen2 can change its clocks every 1ms, but the tool used in this to record this supposed maximum frequency only polls sensors every 500ms. Moreover CBr15 that was used to tax the system is sustained load, but conventional wisdom tells that with the type of boosting algo used in zen2, very reminiscent of GPUs, the peak clocks would only be seen within the first few hundred ms and after that it settles to what is sustainable in terms of voltage and thermal limits. So only those tested systems that had better mobo, cooler and/or higher quality silicon would have had peaks above the line later in the test as well and given a chance for hwinfo to record it. The results are litelarilly what should be expected from a test like this

Attached: 200 tpla.jpg (764x591, 33K)

>chip fall short for about 25mhz
>well lets just fucking do a video out of it

retards not being able to adjust hardware, imagine my shock lol

standard deviation

Actual source is der8auer you illiterate monkey.

reminder: derbauer is an intel shill

>he could not ensure whether or not users applied the Windows 10 update that ensures the Windows scheduler would be using the fastest core for single-threaded workloads.

This is Facebook pol tier trash.

He also sells handpicked Ryzen CPUs tho

actual source is an online survey with no way on telling if they had an actual 3900x and what bios/windows specs were

unless ofc we are to believe that there is someone out there with a 4.0ghz 3900x

Delet this scum, intel is evil, AMD is all that is good in this world.

The survey was conducted by der8auer and people had to submit Agesa/Bios revision, screenshots etc. That guy did an excellent job and you are looking for excuses.

I'm not saying he's wrong (there are a lot of factors) but sourcing your data from youtube viewers is a surefire way to get borderline useless results.

>that 4% hitting 4.7 Ghz
LUCKY

>it's not false advertising if it can hit boost clocks for 1ms!
Fucking cope amdjeets

This.

Unironically peddling a dependence on youtube viewers to understand anything at all as accurate data is a gross affront to me personally.

They still have to figure out how these CPUs work.

>a teenager in a basement knows a product better than a billion dollar company that made it
Alright.

Der8auer is a random basement dwelling teenager now?

Jesus, your AMD cope knows no bounds.

He looks like one.
Also, I still don't see him designing and fabbing a new cpu architecture.

His latest work is the Der8auer branded Lian Li PC-011 Dynamic XL which just launched the other day.

You're damn right. He's also a conman. Do you know how he tests thermal pastes?

Attached: 4.5GHz-Load.png (1890x1512, 167K)

>discrediting a renown overclocker because you fanboy don't like facts
C O P E

>second best overclocker worldwide
>basement teenager
Here is your (you)

>OVERCLOCKER OMG!!!
Just to be specific, I didn't say you can't worship your youtube celebrity, even though it's against the rules, I don't give a fuck about that.

> be AMD cock sucking communists
> their advertising materials are legit, bros! intel btfo!
> oh shit.. oooh no no no no nNOOOOOO
> WHY WOULD FELLOW COMMUNISTS LIE TO US?!
> WHY WOULD THEY SELL US SOMETHING THAT DOES PERFORM AS ADVERTISED?!!!
all this coping today has been absolutely wonderful.

Attached: 1559945326253.png (690x238, 15K)

No need to be a butthurt strawmanning child, just admit AMD shafted their customers according to facts you can't refute.

>highest amount of cpus can hit 4.525
>cry lawsuit and bankruptcy over a 0.075 GHz lower OC than advertised on a cpu that 0.0001% of users buy
>meanwhile intel's TDP is 200W off but that's okay

At least Intel can not only hit advertised turbos, but OC beyond them.

Same for security vulnerabilities.

AMD kind of fucked up here. Their CPUs are perfectly fine, but it's clear that the whole boost frequency is just a marketing meme.
I mean what kind of idiot came up with the idea that boost frequency that 1 core can hit for 10ms or something like that can be used as a reliable performance indicator? (marketing guy that was leading FX campaign too obviously)

Attached: 16x9_2133x1200_highres-precision-boost-overdrive.jpg (2133x1200, 139K)

Lmfao which have little to no impact on average consumer workloads.

If I were a cloud service provider I might give a fuck

Only 50% of 3600 actually hit advertised speeds and that's only 4.2GHz, other Ryzen are even worse
>hurr muh intel
Who gives a fuck about Intel being shit when AMD just fucked your ass. You fanboy probably even enjoy being strapon fucked by Lisa Su you cuck.

I love how he just shat a normal pdf on the chart for no reason whatsoever.
This entire thing is a sham, but then again, ""youtube reviewers"" and their ""credibility""

Can someone explain me why the fuck does this matter, bet most run 3xx 4xx boards or are absolute retards that cant set up ram speed, windows or autooc/pbo

>Can someone explain me why the fuck does this matter, bet most run 3xx 4xx boards or are absolute retards that cant set up ram speed, windows or autooc/pbo
False marketing doesn't matter, eh?

Its all Intel's fault. If their chips too just hit boost clocks for 1ms on the best core, everyone would've been happy but NOOO, they had to make sure all their cores hit sustained boost clocks to make AMD look bad.

Fuking Jews.

It's up to you whether you believe the results or not, and it's not like anyone expected drones like you to do anything other than defend AMD with your lives.

Ive processor and it works perfectly as advertised. Do we call out company now for incompetence of customers to properly install their hardware and software?

Attached: file.png (1080x1080, 969K)

>one of the best overcklockers
>genuinely good tech youtuber
>incompetence to properly install hardware and software
Dude. Just admit that turbo clocks from AMD doesn't mean shit. It's just a marketing number. You may hate Intel as much as you can, but I haven't seen CPU from them that can't work at rated turbo boost so far.

What does this have to do with anything I've just said? Did he install it for every person he took sample from?
Jeez just find something else to larp about cause this is pretty damn lame

300 and 400 series boards are perfectly capable of running zen2 processors

Depends on a processor, try to stick in 3900x on XXXXX bios, see what happens, probably going to lose ~5% performance, oh no, how could it be?! right?

>MUUH YT CELEBRITY
Zoomers, out.

>security vulnerabilities don't matter
lol

Attached: 1494886290711.png (633x900, 162K)

If they did, i'd have dozens of cunts just like you spamming me with the graphs that prove the horrible detriment to gaming performance.

Yet somehow, you never show me any.

But user, if it hits advertised niggahurtz, then it's not false advertisement. Even if it's for 1ms
I'm on zen+ tho, waiting for mature 7nm or 5nm
Maybe, gonna wait for like 1nm or whatever AMD will come up next
Not a fanboy, mind you, just lost all hopes for Intel innovating anything
Seems like, AMD always tries to push CPU tech, while Intel works on whatever they have

Damn id love to blow my load in your gf m8
mydirtyhobby.com/profil/35497851-MarryFox

Hes also a renowned cuckold, search "marryfox"

Oh no , how could someone discredit famous youtuber!?!??!

>Oh no , how could someone discredit famous cuckold!?!??!
ftfy

Post your CPU-z

Ill post your gf with cum on her face

kek, AMDCope

You let hundreds of other men fuck your gf in your own apartment, pathetic.

It's was pretty clear right from the get go that most of these chips don't reach the advertised clocks and the ones that do often reach the clocks for a millisecond at best.
It's pity that AMD felt the need to lie about this. I guess they thought that people won't buy their chips if they print 4.4GHz on the package instead of 4.6GHz.
The main problem here is that since it's faulty marketing, at least in Europe people can return their CPUs to the store because the product is legally faulty. The store can't exactly ship this shit back to AMD though, because according to them the products are working as indented.
This kind of false advertising can be a massive problem for retailers. Luckily the product is great even at lower clocks, so people don't feel the need to return their chips in order to get one that actually hits the numbers.

I'm going to buy the 3950x, but I fully expect that it might hit only 4.5GHz single core after seeing these results.
No way in hell it's going to hit 4.75GHz. Only 4 of the 3900x hit 4.7GHz in this this survey and the 3950x is supposed to be so much better? Not a fucking chance.

Attached: a971ab0945eeb0ecbb4db593bddd75ed0dcecf07f6ce0d49597a17d7185bc92d.jpg (751x502, 102K)

This is not new kiddies. CPUs have never been guarantee hit their boost/turbo speeds since the feature set was implemented.
Intel merely gave the illusion of it being "guarantee" because their pre-Kaby Lake stuff was ultra-conservative on their clockspeeds. AMD and Intel are now pushing their shit to their limits at base clockspeed so it is not that surprising that majority of the yields fall to hit their maximum boost speed without resorting to overvolting and high-end cooling. Zen2 woes aren't even new. Zen 1 and Threadrippers had the same problems where one of the chiplets held back the rest. Outside of die-hard /v/tards and overclocking-fags nobody gave a shit.