Install libreoffice

>install libreoffice
>no "do you agree with our contract" message, literally it just installed
is this malware?

Attached: libreoffice-3.6.0.png (1402x917, 390K)

Other urls found in this thread:

backports.debian.org/changes/buster-backports.html
wikileaks.org/ciav7p1/cms/page_20251107.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Because you do not have to agree to any contract.
It is GPL licensed (which it should show you somewhere) but the GPL basically has no restrictions on what you can do with the actual software, so there is no contract that you need to agree to, except for the GPL which only really is relevant if you want to edit the source code.

This isn't word where a lawyer team has carefully considered what you can and can not do with the software.

Not malware it's BLOAT

They should still warn that redistributing the binaries without the source is a license violation

>install libreoffice
I'm so sorry.

Is it?
As far as I know you just must make the source code available on demand.
So if it is public anyway there is no need to include the source, right?

Redistributing a changed binary without making the source available would be a violation, but that is only relevant if you obtain the source code and not just install the binary.

Not in the way you imagine. They don't need to be bundled together or anything, the source just needs to be freely available if asked.

Technically distributing the binaries and only providing the source through request via 50 floppy disks for the shipping and material costs of doing so is completely GPL compliant.

Distributing judt the binaries as an end user is perfectly legal because the original owner is providing the source. Anyone requests the source and you point them to the owner.

>copyleft license
>is this malware?
Yes.

Yes, you are.

>3.6
that's what you get for using debian

But then how do you know for sure that the binaries you obtained actually was compiled from the source that the redistributor told you?

You don't at all. You don't even know that for the original distributor until you recompile the source yourself and compare bytes. Just because the binary is posted on the repo doesn't mean it was built with the code from that repo.

You can compile his provided binaries and check how well they match up, but the nature of the system makes a guarantee pretty hard.
You could have downloaded a maliciously altered version, but the owner of the software has no ability to determine that easily.

>3.6
HOLY SHIT how ancient are your packages

That's funny but you can actually use the 6.3 version of LO on stable
backports.debian.org/changes/buster-backports.html

LibreOffice is bloat. Install AbiWord and Gnumeric.

>3.6

Attached: 1567027881359.jpg (366x315, 30K)

LibreOffice is a perfect replacement for Microsoft Office. Basically, that what it is intended to do, and it does it well.

1. Add chart to libreoffice spreadsheet
2. Resize chart to an extremely large size
3. Drag chart around
4. Watch as the cpu hits 100% as the chart slowly gets fully redrawn with every drag.

Literally no other spreadsheet program manages to fuck this up. Not even google docs!

>is a FOSS office suite malware
Are you quite literally retarded?

And other software is flawless and bug-free, of course.

Office suites are bloat for most users in most cases.

Gnumeric is a passable replacement for calc but abiword is objectively shit.

>abiword is objectively shit.
Works on my machine.

Installed it yesterday, will get one of those office keys on eBay for dirt cheap and install it. Libre office sucks

Don't forget to give us a link to your blog. I can't wait to subscribe

>3.6
Debian user detected

>libre office thread
>talk about libre office

D-dont forget to give us a link to your blog!

Attached: ce8.png (621x702, 85K)

>being a winjeet

Attached: 1540731186846.jpg (471x388, 27K)

I'll admit that I haven't used it in a couple of years now but..
>be me
>need to edit super important word doc
>limited internet and using debian laptop
>fug it I'll install abiword as I can't afford to dld 200mb
>open BosswillkillmeifIfuckthisup.docx in abiword
>throws out a couple of errors
>looks like word spaghetti
>tidy it up, ctrl+s, email to boss
>he calls me into office - hie word (2010 I think) say corrupt document, cannot repair or retrieve

office is industry standard whether you like paying $150 per annum or risking kms. Libreoffice is close and maybe a cigarette rather than a cigar, abiword is the embarrassing inappropriate cousin no one likes to talk about due to their "indiscretions"...

Attached: 024_ann-coulter-01.jpg (770x1065, 142K)

What a disgusting tranny.

Attached: 3EF1A74200000578-4380648-image-a-36_1491341556328.jpg (634x951, 144K)

Is google docs comparable to office 365? just spent 100 renewing my subsctiption.

I am not planing to spend my money again. (I had to because of business shit...)

>just spent 100 renewing my subsctiption

Attached: 1537463991140.png (471x388, 345K)

>tfw get free office 365 from my community college

Attached: 043c2ee65e2eb8f14bf8a45b0133a8a2.png (600x623, 439K)

kek
That’s no tranny, just an ugly woman.

This is why we need to stress the importance of reproducible builds that can build on peoples' own computers, under a fully free system.
If one piece of software is non-free then it's likely to interfere with the build process at every stage.

Also, people shouldn't be privileged to impose strict enforcements of the GNU GPL if they still justify and openly accept use of non-free software.

lurk moar

No lol
user just accept it doesn't legally need to warn you about shit lmao

Yes.
wikileaks.org/ciav7p1/cms/page_20251107.html

>lurk moar
So, posting dumb shit should be the norm? Fuck off.