/spg/ - Smartphone General

Xperia Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget, and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker
frequencycheck.com
willmyphonework.net

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/sQbs83pY

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: hero_sp.jpg (1920x850, 204K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/TaoTronics-Bluetooth-Headphones-TT-BH07-Waterproof/dp/B07NY76D66/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=taotronics&qid=1567432620&s=gateway&sr=8-4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

> 2019
> no sub 5" borderless phone

Why does Samsung insist on using Exynos reeee

What's the worst upgrade you guys have ever made?
>Go from Galaxy S5 to S8
>Curved screen is a meme
>Whole phone is a fingerprint magnet
>Very slippery and hard to hold
>Thing cracks on me when I drop it from 2 feet with a case on it
>No removable battery
>No IR blaster
>Overheated on my like crazy after a year

I miss my S5.

Attached: 1567259552251.png (300x250, 18K)

Buy me

Attached: k20.jpg (1000x878, 444K)

No good stock OS, no buy!

Any bets on if the Samsung M20s/M30s will be good or shit? if it has 4GB of RAM and lots of battery for a decent price it'd be tempting.

Just want a midranger I can recommend to normies that won't suck in 3 years.

Because Qualcomm's greediness makes Intel and Nvidia look

Got a family member G7 Power and just noticed it only works on 1 of 2 bands for her carrier. She hasn't noticed yet so it might not be a shite upgrade. Phone is nice otherwise.

Xiaomi, give use Android One phones that aren't shit pls.

Attached: !!!.gif (720x404, 1.78M)

Xiaomi can't give android one phones because they make money off ads. That's why they nerfed the Mi A3, after the poll they took that showed people prefer stock android/android one over MIUIshit.
The monkey's paw is a real thing

Qualcomm a shit, I lost my train of thot.

I went all in.

Attached: 20190902_164710.jpg (4032x1960, 2.7M)

Richfag ree

picking up my s10+ today :3c

upgrading from lg g5

this """flagship experience""" better be worth it

I woulda, but I won't buy from a reseller. Probably could've talked myself into the 8+256 Pro.

S5 fucking rocks.
> no curved screen/hole/notch/other gay zoomer shit
> removable battery
> sd slot
> IR blaster
> supports LOS16
> not xboxhueg like 98% of the modern phones
I got one of those autistic extended battery cases on it. When I went to the hospital and unexpectedly got surgery the same day - I had to wait for analyses'n'shit for ~4 hrs. I spent most of that time shitposting and telling my GF that I'm alright - and when I woke up after the surgery the motherfucker still had ~30% battery life.

Get a nice case for it, I recommend the UAG pathfinder in camo.

My LG g6 is dying, bluetooth drops signal and battery life has gone to shit.

What's a good suitable replacement? I had a Xiaomi before and loved the battery life but MIUI was really trash

looks autistic and ugly

i'm getting a clear olixar case

yikes

Attached: $_57.jpg (1504x1600, 244K)

Any case with a logo that prominent is a no-go for me.

Is the upgrade from SD845 to Sd855 worth it?

A5 2016 vs J7 2016 which one to choose

Cope it looks tacticool as fuck

If you're low intensity usage then A5 for me, because 720p on 5.5" is no bueno.

should i get the x71?

S10+ is king.

Poors need not apply.

I'm a poorfag from a third world country, is the Redmi 7a a good cheap phone? 16gb is enough for some basic apps?

Attached: Redmi-7A-4.jpg (2400x1345, 968K)

>Samturd goes holeshit after mocking Apple for the notch
>Samturd drops the jack with succeeding phones after mocking Apple for it
hmm

yes but see if you can get the zenfone max pro m1 4/64 for same or cheaper

Do i wait for the pixel 4 or buy something else

Isn't the zenfone kinda huge? I want a small phone.

>zenfone max pro m1
14mm taller, 5mm wider. Absolutely worth it, considered overall specs

wait for pixel 10 its going to be the best phone

That would be so nice. Instead of making the screens bigger, make the phones smaller.

Go for the Redmi 7, it should only be a bit more expensive. Else the Zenfone Max Pro M1 is a decent option. 4/64 version is like twice the price of the 7a though.

Yes

The Pixel 4 is a gigantic piece of shit, I'd sooner use holeshit S10+ than it. Please forget all about Google phones, get anything else, get the OP7P in 2-3 weeks when the 7TP comes out and there's a price cut.

Probably gonna buy soon, what's the difference between this and 9T?

Attached: k20and9t.png (451x431, 215K)

I took a look at the Pro M1, the price is like said, is too much for me.

Samsung Galaxy 10, Iphone 8, Huawei P30, or Xiaomi Mi 9/T/T Pro? Only the Iphone 8 seems to be able to take great pics with realistic colours, it's insane. Why can't other companies integrate decent cameras?

Apart from Sony is there any other Japanese manufacturer worthy of my attention?

I have a Nokia now but im considering a Xiaomi or Sony for my next phone.

When will Sony leverage their own camera chips to their fullest? They produce nearly all the best sensors for every brand of phone, but they never seem to quite match the results that other manufacturers achieve. I just want a new Sony compact phone with a good camera and a headphone jack. Is that too much to ask for these days?

Attached: xperia_zl.jpg (757x600, 73K)

What are some good Motorola smartphones? Money isn't a problem, it doesn't need to be the latest, hottest shit in the market. It has to have expandable storage, though.

Attached: serveimage.jpg (1024x1024, 539K)

>No good stock OS, no buy!
Who gives a fuck when their devices are so developer friendly? This is one of their newest models, don't worry, development will pick up.

The Z1C was the closest we'll ever get to my dream phone. With smaller bezels and a replaceable/bigger battery I'd still be using it even today.

oops i dropped the note10+ on some hard concrete and it scratched the screen protector, not sure if it cracked through but i had a look and there is no screen protector brand that is even remotely close to the one Samsung sticks on, the only one available is apparently shit.

ZAGG invisibleshield

are you happy with it so far?

Because Samsung is fucking garbage. OnePlus based af

What's going to be the next Curry device after the Redmi Note 4X? I want one that'll be popular with the Indians on XDA so that it can last me a while.

>Curved screen is fine, as long as you keep it in a case kek.
>You must have some greasy goddamn hands
>Again, greasy as fuck
>Bullshit. Dropped mine 40' out of a tree with no case and the only damage was a chip on the back glass
>Boohoo, learn how to repair things on your own, manlet
>IR Blaster is a fucking meme. Almost everything can be controlled by wifi now
>I think you must've had a defective S8 if it overheated on you at all.

Had mine from release day, replaced it with a OnePlus 7 Pro 3 weeks ago and gave the S8 to my wife. The ONLY problem with the S8 besides the little chip in the glass on the back which is covered by a case 90% of the time is that the moisture sensor in the usb-c port is fucked and constantly reports that there's moisture in the port so it can only be charged wirelessly unless I want to take it from her, turn it off, put the cord almost all the way in, turn it on, and plug it all the way in right when the Samsung logo goes away. That'll trick the sensor for a few hours, but then it goes right back to moisture detected. Even tried flushing with a 99% alcohol solution. But besides that, the phone is in perfect condition. I just cba to find a wireless car charger and keep a shit load of wireless charging pads everywhere I may need to charge up at work and home

The note 10+ doesn't overheat, I've left it on charging and playing youtube videos over night, was not even warm. I use to have an S8+ and that had every problem under the sun like overheating, moisture, firmware problem fucked the battery so it would turn off during a call, no sound after firmware update and the glass cracked from a tiny drop.

S10 is a milestone that makes the others seem like beta hardware testing.

I think i have an obsession with the battery drain

thanks android

S8+ was a total dumpster fire. I knew it would be Exynos so I fucking avoided that shit and got a snapdragon S8. It's still going strong to this day. My wife is streaming video to it right now from my NAS. I went into my carrier store with the intention of getting either the S10+ or messing with one of their demo pre-release Note 10's, fully intending to stay with Samsung because my original Galaxy S lasted forever (it's still a backup PMP now because of the Wolfson DAC), and the S3 I replaced it with lasted a long ass time too, around 5 or so years before I got my S8. Samsung Galaxy S mainline flagship phones usually don't disappoint me, it's just the side models like the "plus" models that end up sucking shit. But then the store had a OnePlus 7 Pro display model that caught my eye and the sales rep tossed me his so I could get a feel for the real thing, not the demo shit playing on the store models. That was it. I bought it on the spot, and 3 weeks later have no regrets. The biggest thing for me is how fucking fast the storage is. I can do a 10GB set of TWRP nand backups in under a minute

>current phone
>ZenFone 3 Ultra (ZU680KL)
Do they still make phablets with large 16:9 screens, or has everyone moved on to 18-21:9 displays. I'd love to buy something faster with a similar screen size/aspect ratio.

>backup PMP
get a Spectra X and never have another care again. Wait for the S11+, it'll be amazing.

>That was it. I bought it on the spot
it's that good? Fuck, I thought it was a meme. Did you try out gcam? How's the SoT like with the display set to maximum res and 90hz enabled?

Exynos s10 or OP7P?
Priced about the same.

Are any of the rugged chinkphones from Doogee, Oukitel or any of them worth a shit? They're all Mediatek which I'm leery of in case I want to get into custom roms or whatever but they have huge batteries.

Already have a good primary phone, but would like a beater phone for travel or going fishing etc.

OP7P retard
Samsung Exyshit will be worth it only with the S11 phones

No they're absolute junk, honest to god. Just man up and get a solid case like UAG retard, it'll keep your phone safe from the elements. Fuck this beater phone shit, be responsible and you won't need to worry about accidentally throwing your phone into a lake or something.

Currently on a S8+ that's shitting the bed (mic stopped working, can't charge through cable, shit battery) still got warranty on it though and it's gonna get fixed (or I get money for it).
I can get the S10+ for 630$, worth it?

My main phone is already a chinkphone and finding cases is hard for it. I'm pretty careful, it isn't something I want to risk at all since it's my main phone for my business.

The real shame is that I bricked my old phone which still had great battery life and performance. Shame to hear they're junk, the feature set seems nice.

I'm planning to buy Xiaomi Mi Max 3 Chinese version 6gb ram/128gb storage mailed from China. The released Global version only has 4gb/64gb. Will I still be able to change the rom from Chinese version to Global version in 2019? I've read that Xiaomi stopped allowing phones made for China to be updated with Global rom, how true is this?

Op7p. I was a hardcore Samsung fanboy since my original Blackjack in 2007 but when faced with the same question, I chose the op7p. No regrets at all.

2 lane UFS 3.0 storage also fucking blows my mind. reported speeds: 1441 MB/s sequential read, 381MB/s sequential write, 177MB/s random read, and 29MB/s random write. Pic is me using ROM toolbox Pro SD benchmark doing a r/w of a 500MB file, each line is the block size it used, and the speed it got for that block size. I've never seen phone storage this fast.

Attached: Screenshot_20190902-084049.jpg (1440x3120, 433K)

What phone do you use? Doesn't every phone nowadays come with a cheap rubber case these days?

>I've read that Xiaomi stopped allowing phones made for China to be updated with Global rom
Not true at all. Xiaomi stopped people from flashing ROMs across regions before they unlock the bootloader. If you unlock the bootloader (proving to Xiaomi that you have bought a legit Xiaomi phone), then you can use 3rd party tools like XiaoMiTool or official tools like Xiaomi ROM manager to swap ROMs.

I see much discussion of the s8 so I'll throw my 2 cents in. The S8 and S10 lines both have huge unresolved manufacturing defects. If you're going to get a Samsung make it the note 10 or s9.

Something to add is that you can just flash Xiaomi.EU (debloated China ROM) anyways.

>huge unresolved manufacturing defects.
go on, what's so bad about the S10 line?

which motorola should I get, I dropped my e5 in the bathtub, I want something with similar specs/price as e5 was 1 year ago

Lenovo K5 Pro, yeah I got a cheap TPU case. It's not a big deal, I'll just save my sheckels for later.

best android music player lads?

What's better? Exynos? No. MediaTek? No.

Any good cheap wireless waterproof ear buds?

>good
>cheap
>wireless
>waterproof
kindly fuck off, retard

Huh? Why? What's wrong?

No earbuds exist with those parameters.
Pick 2.

Cheap and wireless then

What rom should I install on my Redmi note 4x?

What's the opinion on the umidigi x? I wanna replace my lame ass cricket Motorola with it.

Attached: 1567035850839.png (1232x1080, 298K)

anyone know where to buy greymarket samsungs in the EU? or any greymarket sites

If I wanted to buy a Samsung from the 8 or 9 series, what should I get? Price is a factor in 'bang for buck' terms

basically the same phone so just get the s8

amazon.com/TaoTronics-Bluetooth-Headphones-TT-BH07-Waterproof/dp/B07NY76D66/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=taotronics&qid=1567432620&s=gateway&sr=8-4
note 9

So how is the Redmi Note 8 looking? On paper seems a fair upgrade from Note 7, if you were considering that one.

>notch
HAHAHAHAHAHHAHA JUST GET THE MII 9T BRO

Retro

samsung makes the best browser and music apps unironically

any thoughts on the ulefone armor 6e?
is it worth it?

this, fuck FUCKS SAKE

Neutron is the best at playing music, but the UI is clunky and it costs cash money.
jetAudio Plus is the next best thing.
If you really want to use Android audio libraries, use BlackPlayer, Vinyl, or something similar.

See if love Mei has a case for your phone and you can drive your car over it or use it as a self defense weapon

So I've had my S8+ for almost two years and it chews through battery and will lag every now and then. Would a new battery fix both of those issues?

>basic screen
>basic performance
I want a phone with no bells and whistles, for all the "mandatory" apps society seems to force on me. I just don't want to worry about battery life and water resistance would be cool too so I won't have to worry too much over all about the phone.
Budget < 500

nah get oneplass

pixel phones have never been worth waiting for, let alone buying them at launch given how overpriced they're

Note 9 xDDDD

Has Samsung gone mad? They just jammed a 6000mah battery in one of their budget pajeet phones. What the fuck man, why not get a 5000mah one at least on the flagship models, so we wouldn't have to skip them due to the shit tier SoT

yeah, I should get a hold of that guy

What phone is that?

are Snapdragon cpus better than Mediatek?
whats better and more reliable?