Hey Jow Forums...

Hey Jow Forums, this fucking sixteen year old kid somehow got my ip and sent it to me threatening to send a fucking bomb to my house. What are the chances of my IP having my address? Pic unrelated

Attached: Sal.jpg (1080x1033, 219K)

be careful OP someone got my IP once and they blew up my computer by sending explosive packets

careful OP, someone got my public IP last time and did absolutely nothing to me.

bump

be careful OP someone got my IP once and literally fucked my wife while I watched

call him out on his bullshit

try me: 127.0.0.0.1

Depends.
Dynamic or static IP?
Case of static:
Say you've used your static IP over the last few years.
Throughout this time you've used a service that has had a databreach, and had their database released to the public, where your address is, together with your IP.

Other cases might be, depending on your ISP, the fucker just socially engineered them to give the name and address of the person with that IP.

Other shit might be plain put just regular doxing

Attached: 1556812098242.jpg (625x833, 110K)

Yeah dude, you gotta be really scared now a sixteen year old TALKED SHIT and threatend something highly illegal and far beyond his abilities, there is nothing you can do you can do besides accepting your death.

Someone got your IP? You might as well kill yourself now. I'm sorry man.

Attached: 220px-Carmine_Lupertazzi_Sr.-_Sopranos.jpg (220x254, 17K)

you know your IP doesn't actually lead to your address, right? it leads to your ISP's servers.

Send bomb to his IP address, duh.

>Dynamic or static IP?
Doesn't matter, dhcp logs vs the http request hit the IP is from. The only "protection" one can get is huge carrier level NATs (often used on mobile data, but becoming common for home broadband too).

Depends on ISP. Most of the big ones in US have remarkably stupid desk, and get calls from coppers all the time. Just call it without callid, use googled up copper name for some city and that's all there is to it. In EU, situation is a bit better, as cops are now required to make official inquiry, no more piss easy social call to a pajeet with customer log access.

OP, I'll be nice for this 1 post ok?

You have a dynamic IP. Nobody other than your ISP can know where your address was issued as it's constantly changing. You have 0 to worry about.

It does matter when searching databases

Tell him to fucking SEND IT pussy.

Call him a faggot soft cunt, tell him your IP changed, it is now 192.168.110.87 and to come at you bro.

>that 21yo soi zoomer who uses nodejs to log dhcp leases into a database with no timestamps "like a boss"

Attached: soy2.jpg (750x805, 287K)

your public IP does actually go to your home modem, but you can't figure out someone's address from it, the best you can do is figure out which country/area they're in and which ISP they're using
if you can ping their machine from various places nearby you might be able to narrow things down further, but i doubt this could be used to single out a house

Are you fucking retarded

If you live in a first world country then go straight to the police. Fucker commited at least two crimes against you.

:O :O :O :O
oh no someone may or may not have pubically avialbe information :O :O :O
send em to jail

Based

Pretty sure this is a pure shitposting thread.

There are a number of IP location services, such as , but these only show the city or general area where an IP address is located. They don't show an exact street address given an IP address. So, you're safe.

If you have viable witnesses that can verify your claim that this guy theatened to bomb your house, report it to the police. Otherwise, grab a stick, sneak up behind the douchebag, and do what a nigger would.

>trying to fit in this hard

Attached: 54.png (640x480, 259K)