LAWSUIT

Attached: zzz.png (1280x650, 582K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DgSoZAdk_E8
amazon.in/gp/bestsellers/computers/1375391031
amazon.com/LG-27GL850-B-Ultragear-Compatible-Monitor/dp/B07TD94TQF
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Attached: 990.png (480x340, 58K)

there should be. but doesn't matter how many times you warn the stupid fucking morons of this board about AMD's extremely homosexual advertising, these shills keep sucking on commie cock.
cope harder, commie faggot.

By the time that lawsuit is over Intcel will be on 7nm and AMD will be irrelevant again

>its okay when intel advertises 1-2core boost
>its not okay when amd does
typical jewish shill

youtube.com/watch?v=DgSoZAdk_E8

OH NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

AYYMD IS FINISHED & BANKRUPT

AYYMDPOORFAGS CONFIRMED ON SUICIDE WATCH

Can't wait for these basement dwelling retards to be handed an appropriate way of checking this shit and fucking off forever. Class action lawyers and the worst of jews.

If there's a lawsuit and AMD losses, it will affect Intel as well since they've been doing this shit since the C2D era.

It becomes an issue when not even 1/5th of AMD chips hit the advertised boost clock

Ehh, really? It's like people just figured this out despite the fact intel has been doing it for years.

Whatever, in 10 years when that class action is resolved I'll get a whopping $30 or something.

My 3700X without PBO gets an all core boost of 4275. BIOS from MSI is still complete trash so I'm not going to bother with PBO for now.

*inhales*

OH NONONONONONONOO

AHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAH

Attached: 1567286454849.png (1800x850, 229K)

>AMD sells well in Turkey

Still better than POZZED STTUTTERING HOUSEFIRES intel trash even at lower clocks.

amazon.in/gp/bestsellers/computers/1375391031

Attached: 1559056252058.jpg (1510x1593, 662K)

>AMD still gets beaten in gaming by POZZED STTUTTERING HOUSEFIRES

Attached: 1566808548694.jpg (495x495, 35K)

November is going to be another Shoah when Black Friday comes around.

The results could be skewed because it's more likely people who have their CPUs boosting at advertised speeds go on about their day.
The ones that do have a problem will be more vocal about it and from most of the tests it seems to depend on the motherboard you're using.

>a-amd still gets beaten in gaming by POZZED STTUTTERING HOUSEFIRES

Attached: 1560228829446.png (519x543, 151K)

It wouldn't be an issue at all if it was 1-2 core boost. Problem is, AMD is advertising 0 core boosts.

>intel has been doing it for years.
I haven't seen Intel CPU that can't hit turbo boost frequency yet. Most of the time they even have some manual overclocking headroom left actually.

80% of chips won't even do the advertised boost clocks on a single core

Cope harder drone

10nm any decade now

who?

Attached: 1562517169099.jpg (2242x1457, 411K)

>takes data from a random site from users who set different bios settings, have different cooling options and have motherboards raging from $50 to $500
>we have to filter out PBO results because it doesn't fit Intels narrative
so, this is the power of youtubers and their parrots in Jow Forums?
amazin.

so?

Attached: 1566437728095.png (500x1250, 81K)

I thought the whole deal was that only a specific core can boost to the max frequency? In that case, shouldn't there be an update for Windows that makes the scheduler aware of this so it prefers that core? Has anyone tested by pinning a single threaded task to a core?

And if there is indeed some manufacturing problem or whatever and it ends up with a class action lawsuit, couldn't AMD just argue that what they advertise is just the maximum boost frequency and that it's reached under very specific conditions? Or maybe blame mobo manufacturers for screwing it up, considering that some chips actually boost correctly under different boards?

Not trying to defend AMD here, even if it's not their fault, it's their job to make sure shit works before pushing it to the public, but oh well, that's why you avoid being an early adopter.

There's a hypothesis that at the time AMD designed the boxes and finalized the specs they knew most of Engineering and Qualification Samples don't meet them, but they expected the manufacturing process to improve by the time final silicon is made. They could expect that because that was the case with 14nm and 12nm, and it just kept improving - late production 1st and 2nd gen Ryzen can clock much better than initial production.

If it's true they just fucked up making an optimistic assumption, and it's already not a surprise at all that AMD doesn't even test their shit, as the RDRAND issue and other bugs in the past show.

>couldn't AMD just argue that what they advertise is just the maximum boost frequency and that it's reached under very specific conditions
Not really since they never advertised it as needing very specific conditions. The box and their marketing states a max boost but not any conditions needed to meet said boost.

LG is able to claim 1ms response times on their new IPS monitor despite it only reaching that sometimes under ideal conditions and with specific settings, I don't see why AMD couldn't slide by on the same principle, but I'm no lawyer by any means

amazon.com/LG-27GL850-B-Ultragear-Compatible-Monitor/dp/B07TD94TQF

>ITT Intel concern trolls

seethe

>who
a literal cuckold, thats who. Search "marryfox" for proof

Nope, boost/turbo speed has always been opportunistic since the day it was implemented you retards.

Overclockers are just massively asspained that golden days of near-effortless overclocking are over. Digital computing on the hardware side had already reached an apex and it will continue to plateau for the next decade or two.

There's no magic bullet out of this one. Physics and economical realities have finally caught up. People need to stop sucking on "Moore's Law" teets.

You clearly have no idea what you're talking about.
Everyone know boost is on limited number of cores, in short bursts and under specific loads. The problem is most of CPUs NEVER UNDER ANY CONDITIONS touch boost clocks.

WTF CHECKED , IT BOOSTS 1 NIGGAHURZ LESS THAN ADVERTISED
WHERE CAN I ASK FOR REFUND ?!

Attached: file.png (1920x1080, 1.65M)

Wrong, kiddo. Boost speeds are opportunistic based on thermal and voltage (within spec). It is just that Intel was ultra-conservative with their shit in the pre-Kaby Lake-era that gave the illusion that boosts were "guaranteed" on their desktop SKUs.
Now both AMD and Intel are pushing their shit to their limits at stock clockspeed. It is not that surprising that most of the silicon doesn't hit boost speeds without resorting to overvolting and/or high-end cooling.
Intel is the same position on their current shit and it is much more noticeable on their laptop and server SKUs where they adhere to their TDP.
My 9700K barely manages its 4.9Ghz at stock voltage and craves more volts if you want to push it harder.

>making a thread like this on r/AMD the board
>making a thread like this with AMD employees advertising on this board
Shut your fucking mouth and just deal with it. Jow Forums isn't another Technology. We're a paid shill board to advertise for these companies not promote getting equal with them.

Not to mention the Bulldozer lawsuits took literally 5 years+ and the settlement money is a joke. You will never win against Corporations in Trump's America.

>a literal cuckold, thats who. Search "marryfox" for proof
Are they even dating..? They look like fuckbuddies at best

Fuck AMD, I hope that they go out of business for ruining ATI

>They look like fuckbuddies
she's a whore. everyone is fuckbuddies with a whore.

Regardless of how amazing the product is, there really should be one.

from your local jewtel dealer

>she's a whore. everyone is fuckbuddies with a whore.
Yup. But not everyone who is a fuckbuddie with a whore is a cuck.

Intel's turbo boost works differently, it stays at the maximum boost clock while idle and only throttles down under load.

>lets call it boost so people think it isn't base frequency in disguise.

>Intel's turbo boost works differently, it stays at the maximum boost clock while idle and only throttles down under load.
Dude, my CPU is at 800Mhz right now. What are you talking about?

Attached: hurr.png (1280x711, 295K)

OH NO NONONONONO

WE GOT TOO COCKY RYZENBROS!

ITS OVER AMD IS FINISHED

Attached: op6.jpg (500x375, 203K)

You use a powersave governor on a modern, probably mobile CPU.
You use a performance governor.

Intel's pstate performance governor is the default and it uses the least amount of power.

It says a lot when Jow Forums sides with corporations over people.

>You use a powersave governor on a modern, probably mobile CPU.
Desktop. Just with power saving enabled and ondemand (and 5% min on windows or whatever).

intel pstate never worked, they have had bugs since the dawn of time and linux had to do hacks with the driver to make them work.
3 years after the 4000 SKUs release the pstates stopped working when the first security patches started coming.
the only governor that's working right now is on the p4-clockmod driver that uses pwm and is aimed at atoms.

That's fucking stupid.
Even old as fuck sandy/ivybridge use less power with the performance governor.
Look it up if you don't believe me, undervolt to save power, lowering the clock speed only increases load latency and the time it takes for the processor to get back to idle states that use less power. (C1+)

Attached: hurr.png (2560x1440, 727K)

Nope, works amazing you are wrong.

Might be broken in BSD and OSX though.

I believe that's known as "shilling".

Attached: 1545910340088.jpg (640x480, 29K)

only 20% of the chips hit the advertised clocks
good thing i went for zen+ and skipped this immature generation tho

Nah. It definitely works. Either Intel P-states. Or ACPI Processor P-States. They are the only ones enabled.
>That's fucking stupid.
Huh. Haven't bothered changing it since my old Phenom II. Temps are indeed the same with performance. Shouldn't the voltage be higher?

amd is garbage. you don't get anything with their deception and lies but garbage. unstable drivers, black screens, failure on promises (see vega), green screens, screen flickering, game crashes, drivers that fix one game crash cause another game to crash, etc. lies about boosting, claiming its a core when its not a core, always waiting for that mystical agesa that will never come, state high voltage is fine while silently releasing a new agesa that reduces the thermal threshold because lo' and behold the voltage wasn't safe with the old temp limits, which ironically reduces boosting even more because of the lower temp threshold, etc.

amd has done nothing to deserve anyone's trust. you shouldn't be brand loyal period and trying to act like amd is the lesser than the two evils against nvidia / intel is brain dead retarded. amd has done nothing but shown its willing to be as evil as intel / nvidia.

what would fair compensation be? the performance they advertised was met despite not meeting their advertised boost clocks. so we're talking $20 per unit? sign me up

>buys AMD
>doesn't expect bugs
lol

>Yeah, intel's always better
totally

Not even sure if they do this lawsuit or not. I have a D15 and I actually hit slightly above my boost frequency on my 2700x.

Just cool your CPU with something adequate.