Since someone is literally filling the streets with these things and no one has ever reclaimed one I wondered...

Since someone is literally filling the streets with these things and no one has ever reclaimed one I wondered, what useful components can be salvaged? I am still puzzled why someone will buy something like this and just leave it on the street for anyone to take it, at least put a chain or something

Attached: lead_720_405_1.jpg (703x405, 72K)

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymotion.com/video/x51zaji
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Jamal, stops shame your race.

id like to know how to disable the GPS, alarm and whatnot, I'm sure its easy to do.

it's allegedly pretty easy, but I think the easiest would be to use some kind of a signal jammer, then just put it in your car, drive to a remote location and remove it in a more private place where you have more time
these things are worth like $300 so it doesn't seem too bad

a GPS signal jammer is illegal to possess. stop watching hollywood movies. no signal can penetrate a faraday cage you bunch of daydreamers

>convert car boot into Faraday cage

It seems as though this reckless and careless behavior is mostly a thing in the US.

Easiest is to rig portable mini-tesla, like this one

dailymotion.com/video/x51zaji

The field is not very strong (about 20cm radius), but will absolutely bugger any complex electronics in that sphere. Will definitely crash both the 4G module and GPS used for scooter tracking.

>what is shielding and how does EMR work
and you keep wondering why you can't get a job?

As for what is savageable, the vape pen cells and maybe the motor (but since it's like 250W one, it's not very useful for DIY stuff). These parts could be worth about $20-$100, whole scooter costs significantly more.

I wonder about yours too. Both 4G and GPS need antenna, that's how the static charge leaks in when it's shielded. And it's strong enough no amount of galvanic separation (there is none by the way) would help.

Absolutely, people around here take care of scooters because they're seen as a symbol of the countries progress.

>about to steal a $300 electric scooter
>bah you can't use GPS jammer that's illegal!
you can get a GPS jammer for few dollars on ebay/alibaba

Literally just googled a video on how to do this.

6 torx screws on the top and there is a proprietary bird board you rip out and replace with a xiaomi board.

A Faraday cage doesn't block radiation, it only works for static fields.

I'd be careful with the small ones, as those are designed to jam cheap phone GPS with wideband filters. Home alarm systems and cars use heavy duty stuff resistant to naive jamming - those have complex narrow-band filters tuned very precisely to birds (doppler) and cell tower (precise channel sync to carrier in hw, not sw corrected like cellphone dsp). Against those, low power jammers work by abusing the wide filter by blasting +- frequency which leaks into the device in full.This is efficient, but preventable.

The nice thing about spark gap jammers ("Tesla EMP", in 300W+ category) is that they don't merely jam, but oversaturate the filters with sheer power. Often enough charge builds up to start fucking with the DSP itself.

Filtering it is hard because their spectrum is so wide that no matter how good the input filter is, you inevitably get few harmonics in that will fuck with stuff. These are sold as professional units too, but cost $1k+ (from chinks), so it's simpler to just DIY rig one (costs about $100 in parts, mostly the cells, rest can be dumpster dived from old CRT).

>riding the electric Jew
Nope, I'll pass.

I have a Faraday cage at work, it blocks everything. We bring phones in to turn in airplane mode so assholes don't get to send remote wipe commands.

So "work" is where you bring stolen phones?

pretty sure you can lock/ unlock it with an app over bluetooth

I have a feeling he doesn't actually "work" there or anywhere else, the story has nothing to do with any of our doing or the thread so it's probably fake.

>I am still puzzled why someone will buy something like this and just leave it on the street for anyone to take it
Pick up my shit car faggot.

Attached: 1549687612166.jpg (225x225, 7K)

Nah in my shithole too
t.mexico

inb4 I was only pretending to be retarded

The SIM card, alarm, and backup battery are all on one board inside the top of the grip. You open the panel and yank the board out.

The numbers are skewed because of all the niggers, and the media just tells you its whites.

I'm not exactly sure how these "bird" scooters work.
But in my city we have electric scooters and the whole point is to leave them hanging around when your done using it. You have to subscribe to an app or something and it bills you for the distance you travel with it, you just leave it on the street side when you're done using it. Next time you want a scooter the app tells you where the closest one is.
I'm not sure how they get charged, maybe you're supposed to leave them on a charger but I've never seen the chargers

If it were me I wouldn't be looking into stealing it and disabling the GPS. I'd be looking into dismantling it wherever it happens to be sitting. If you can manage to pull the battery pack and hub motor you could presumably retrofit them into something else for funsies

There are people who are paid to collect them and recharge them; when they run low on battery, they signal that they need to be picked up.

I'm now picturing them just driving themselves to a charging station, but only if nobody is looking.

You fucker

Attached: zqRcX_d.jpg (586x542, 42K)

Bruh

try and learn english, pajeet