Why do people still use the steaming pile of shit that is ubuntu desktop when pic related exists...

why do people still use the steaming pile of shit that is ubuntu desktop when pic related exists? literally all the issues I've ever had with fedora are gone in 30, it's a very comfy experience

Attached: tips.jpg (620x350, 96K)

why do people still use the steaming pile of shit that is fedora desktop when ubuntu? literally all the issues I've ever had with ubuntu are gone in 18.04, it's a very comfy experience

you missed word

Because nobody talks about Fedora because it just werks

I know. My plan was to fix that but... too much work

When I had an nvidia card I had tons of issues with RPMfusion and the driver. With AMD it's a lot better, but I still was royally fucked by the firewall GUI config not working properly.

I always thought of Fedora as the most basic and boring distro there is. I was absolutely wrong. Before Fedora, I was a rice master and a high-performance system tweaking god running a heavily optimized Gentoo Hardened setup with a riced-out KDE setup. Then I switched to Fedora and I haven't looked back since. I was surprised by its justwerks nature. All the issues that I had on other binary distros like Ubuntu and its derivatives simply didn't exist on it. It's more or less what I wanted my Gentoo system to be, their binaries even have security flags enabled, which is a rare sight, and sadly it's not mentioned often. Because of those flags, Fedora was the only systemd distro not affected by the System Down bug that was discovered in journald earlier this year. The only thing that's missing is the binary optimization, I'm still looking into compiling rpms myself and running my own repo.

Enjoy 1To of upgrades every weeks, always moving kernels, Red Hat bloat and one of the worst package manager. Ah and I forgot terrible NVidia support.
If you want fresh packages then go Arch. If you want stability™ go Debian. If you're a pleb Ubuntu.

>why do I get so many updates on a fast-moving distro?
>one of the worst package managers
best*, but you should use rpm-ostree instead anyway
>terrible NVIDIA support
You enable the RPMFusion repo and it works. How is that terrible?

Because I’m not retarded and use one of Ubuntu flavors instead.

>Using Lunix on the desktop
>reinstalling your server OS every 6 months

Attached: 1432844063359.jpg (706x720, 113K)

>because I'm not retarded
>and use Ubuntu

Attached: 32f.jpg (251x242, 10K)

>reinstalling
Fedora's release upgrade system works perfectly fine, no need to reinstall.

Ubuntu just werk

>red hat and centos at work
>fedora at home
literally just works
makes my life easy as fudk

Attached: 1567030413054.png (3000x2000, 1013K)

Is it a good idea to use Fedora for developing Python web api compute servers?

Don't know about Ubuntu,I just use Debian. I hear Fedora is a pretty good home distro but I'm used with Debian and whatever it might throw at me.

Ubuntu is unstable garbage that rarely survives between updates.

Werks on my machine.

>waiting 6 months for the new version of blender

Attached: Untitled.png (400x327, 362K)

Is there any real reason to run CentOS over Fedora? Has anyone ever had any stability issues with Fedora?

I'm not stupid enough to beta test for IBM like a good beta cuck.

Lucky. I have been trying to stick with Ubuntu since the Gnome 2 compiz days before netbook edition (unity.)

It has always been a struggle to the whole desktop stable between upgrades without core system configuration error pop-ups.

I don't understand the complaints about the releases. Just sudo dnf update when you go to bed

Once in a while, Fedora would have a kernel upgrade that made my system either unbootable or very unstable. Happened often enough to make me switch to Tumbleweed. Don't know how they do it, but so far this rolling "unstable" distro have been more stable for me than Fedora.

Fedora is better, is just that Ubuntu took off at the time Debian was hard and Fedora had way less desktop packages.
This doesn't mean ubuntu is any more popular for actual sysadmins/developers. They usually learn rhel/centos so they would be using fedora or centos on a laptop.
Production workstations usually are CentOS too, like those studio software they use in hollywood

Attached: 276.gif (540x304, 3.02M)

>rpm-ostree
I hear this rather often.
Isn't that a silverblue thing only?
Also, I've read that silverblue is also pretty good.