/iemg/ - in-ear monitor general

Attached: serveimage.jpg (507x600, 23K)

Other urls found in this thread:

headfonia.com/review-ibasso-it01/
head-fi.org/showcase/sennheiser-ie-40-pro.23313/reviews
headfonics.com/2019/04/tin-hifi-t3-review/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Deaf by 40 general.

I don't think so, if you keep your volume down.

SE535s any good?

>"I didn't listen to mom when she told me to turn it down", the post

>Deaf by 40 general.
if anything these protect your hearing.

It's shitposting

Is TRN V80 any good? Bought one when it got 61 % off.

What do you reccomend then, chief?

Over ear headphones if you must have them but keep the volume low. Open or enclosed depending on the environment. Speakers set to a comfortable volume are the best solution to avoiding hearing damage.

So it's nothing I'm not doing right now. Also, what's so damaging about in-ear headphones?

Aren't speakers and headphones at a fairly similar level when it comes to hearing damage? Or are they?

I've noticed that when I listen to headphones literally the entire day (say, over 12 hours in a row) I can feel my ears hurting a bit, even if I always keep the volume way down if I listen for long. With speakers the same thing doesn't happen. I think the pressure caused by the earcups might have something to do with it, or is it just the lack of distance?

In ear headphones are physically a lot closer to your eardrum which makes them feel a lot louder for any given volume plus they're more directed than on ear headphones are. On ear headphones are not completely safe either though you shouldn't be using them for hours on end. And of course speakers can also be damaging too but they're not as directed as headphones in general are and you're usually further away from them so the sound is less intense. You want to minimize the volume you're listening to music at and preferably try and keep the source of sound away from your eardrum.

>bought a $10 pair of jbl in-ears while on a trip because I forgot mine at home
>expecting them to be really bad
>Can't tell the difference in sound quality from my $60 dollar pair
When did you realise audiophiles are just snakeoil crazies?

Attached: 1564398105959.jpg (604x453, 32K)

Good advice, user. I'll start keeping breaks

Attached: 26b.png (680x608, 125K)

Wouldn't that mean, that responsible use, no matter the type of headphones/earphones/speakers will effectively prevent me from damaging my hearing temporarily or permanently?

I think that was some time when they shilled expensive cables, DACs and amps for regular headphone and IEMs

Yes but it's not exactly easy to use in ear headphones responsibly. Because of how close they are to the eardrum even at lower volumes they still feel more intense than on/over ear headphones. With in ear headphones you have to lower the volume a lot to compensate for them and I think you still shouldn't use them for more than a few hours.

Personally if I use a set at moderate volume for an hour my ears will hurt. On ear headphones are comfy but I try not to use them for very long. My hearing is starting to get worse from my work place I think.

Headphones are likely to have a different spectral response than a loudspeaker. More intense peaks in the high-frequency response for instance. There is information suggesting that people tend to listen at higher levels on headphones than speakers, but I don't think it is quite definite.

>feel a lot louder for any given volume
The reduced tactile transmission of in-ears results in the exact opposite: you feel less with in-ears than with all other transducer categories types.
If you mean sound pressure, sound pressure is sound pressure delta no matter where it comes from. Though the occlusion effect is more severe with in-ears, this does not indicate a change in the spectral balance of audio signal.

I definitely would like to listen louder to headphones than speakers. Somehow the sound coming more directly to your ear makes it more pleasing, so I also wanna increase the volume. This might be because of the clearer peaks like you said, makes it more addictive. And the peaks might be larger even when the rest of the volume is the same, so it doesn't sound like it's got more volume when it in fact does.

Hmm, thanks for reassuring me that I'm using my earphones responsibly. I don't need to know much more.

I have the 535 not that faggot transparent shit. Do a hearing test and then mosquito test and make sure you can hear better then most. You will waste money if your hearing is shit. Once I got the 535, i kept hearing buzzing when moving mouse. Had to buy a sound card just to get rid of buzz. With 535 I can actually hear the musician moving in his chair and hear the fingers friction slide on strings. Of coarse you need to use flac files or mp3 of around 320 to hear those things.

I lost my ibasso it01 a while back on a train, I was quite sad. I bought a pair of tin audio t2 recently but I liked the ibasso a lot more, they were comfier too.
I want to buy them again but it feels bad buying a pair of earphones I have already bought once, I can stretch my budged to 150£, I care about wide soundstage and good bass.
Any reccomendations?

it's very well rated here headfonia.com/review-ibasso-it01/

IE 40 pro is said to have exceptional soundstage under $200, there's one comparison pic with IT01 here:
head-fi.org/showcase/sennheiser-ie-40-pro.23313/reviews

>in-ears
>wide soundstage
Seriously, what are you guys smoking? How can you have a soundstage when the sound is literally coming out of an 2mm hole pressed inside your ears?

Attached: 1518179237232.gif (220x260, 1005K)

Excluding vibrations and shit, your inner ear is the only thing you need to simulate to produce sound, so why not?

stimulate*

Are expensive cables worth it? I often listen to podcasts in bed and $10 chink shit cables break after about a month. If so, which one should I buy?

V80s are pretty nice. I was impressed by mine but they're a little weird to get to fit because the shaped cable isn't flexible and doesn't fit behind my ears right. I mostly use KZ ED-16s now, they sound very similar and I like the memory wire more.

This just means more of the energy that they produce goes into your eardrum, so you use way less energy to produce the same perceived volume. If you're the type that cranks the volume all the way up automatically, you're going to be deaf very quickly, but that isn't how you're supposed to use them.
When I wear my IEMs in a noisy environment like a cafe or bus, I feel like I'm listening to my music very loud, but then I take one side out and realize I'm listening at well below ambient noise levels.

Good cables last years, not weeks. I don't know what's a good cable to recommend. I got Shure IEMs back in 2013 and the thick kevlar-insulated cable they came with is still as good as ever. The Shure remote+mic cable I bought to try to upgrade it died in 6 months though.

T2 or save and get the kxxs?

Happy with my T2s.

How the hell did you get that type of discount? Was it during the last sale?

Silicone tips: are double and triple flanged worth it or are they just a meme? I don't actually have anything to complain about standard tips but i lost one of my size so i'm looking to buy new ones.
No foam tips because they make my ear canal so itchy i want to scratch it with a wire brush dremel.

At least get T3s. KXXS should be even better.

What's a solid pair of bluetooth iem's that don't have those gay ass cables that wrap around your neck like you're afraid of losing your glasses?

The Google recommendation witchcraft is trying you get me into buying dinner of this
The T2 pros in particular
How bad I'm going too fuck up buying those? Reviews look good for entry level stuff

All "true wireless" Bluetooth IEMs are fairly shitty. Anker Soundcore Liberty Air are some of the better sounding ones as far as I know.

It doesn't need to be audiophile quality or anything, I have a pair of 555's at home when I want to listen to shit in good quality.
This is mostly for use in an office.
I really hate the "earbud" look, like how the apple airpods look like you've got a tampon sticking out of your ear
Do you know of any not-entirely-shit "true wireless" (what a dumb phrase) iems?

Probably kxxs unless you hate bass because T2 doesn't have much of it.
Seriously I have the kanas pro for a few months now and feel very satisfied. They are not perfect but good enough and works with anything just fine. Next worthy upgrade would be in the €500+ range but I'd rather invest that in speakers.

Or get the T2 when it's on sale every now and then on ali around 25usd.

best under $70 in ear monitor that doesn't wrap around your ear?

The Samsung buds are ok.

I some SE310s that I bought from china really cheap a few years ago. It sounds better than any Audio Technica I can find in any audio equipment store in my area. How do I tell if it's fake?

>really cheap
How cheap are we talking? If it's a Shure product shipped from China for waaay less than the normal price, it's almost certainly fake.

A shure IEM sounding decent is almost certainly fake.

any cheap recommendation for workout?

Attached: SELF-Workouts_primaryheader4.jpg (511x383, 25K)

Yeah, it's still getting discounted though 57 % off now though.
Alright, thanks man. I take a look at ed-16s later.

I've got SE846 which has a similar sound to 535 but stronger bass and sub-bass. I was considering 535 but I like to crank the bass up sometimes and they upsold me with the marketing wank about the replaceable filters and 4" laser-cut low-pass filter. It sounds truly wonderful, no regrets, though my wallet is lighter. I know some people gripe about the Shure sound signature but I love it, and you can hear every nuance in the music. But yeah it does reveal any flaw in the source material and the equipment you connect it to. Especially with the 846's mere 9 ohm impedance, output impedance kills. It's sensitive enough that I hear quiet honking sounds from my old Clip+ when it accesses the SD card, and some laptops make squeaky noises as you move the mouse. I've had great success connecting it to an EarStudio ES100 and then to a device with either USB or Bluetooth with LDAC codec.

jesus fuck OP learn to post a template
>Budget
>Location
>Source
>IEMs (In ears) or Earbuds
>Sound Signature
>Past Gear

TRN has shit QC for a chi-fi company

God why has /iemg/ gone to shit
where did actual brain posters go

I currently am using them, only issue is the sibilance. Get comply Tx 400m foam tips (4.9mm I believe, is the diameter of the head), makes a massive difference. It also cleans up the treble quite effectively, non-normalised resolution is noticeably improved.

They're probably all busy reading through shit mega.nz/#F!3MFm1DrD!4GlU_vNtEeF148kZcQ05wA

Damn. Imma read that shit in a bit

do all bluetooth iems have low level background/white noise when they open up a bluetooth stream or is it just the shitty ones? I have anker soundbuds slim+ (after I destroyed my previous ones) and they still have that issue.

Just shitty ones, but practically all "true wireless" ones as I understand it.

just shitty ones

Every IEMI try sounds shit unless I hold them in with my fingers. Tempted to try the Tin T2 meme for those blue soft earplug foam tips.

does the codec not make a difference? I was using sbc before but these support aac (which seems to be selected in the developer options) but they pretty much sound the same. Do I need to change it to aptx?

SBC sounds a little crappy but does not hiss. AAC, AptX and LDAC should all be pretty transparent on all but the best headphones. If you're getting poor quality and hiss, that's on the DAC/amp, not the codec.

My Etymotics isolate so well I usually have them quieter than ambient. Not everyone can enjoy them, because they require an IQ of at least 110 to use effectively.

Attached: P1030426.jpg (1600x1002, 196K)

>that's on the DAC/amp
then why do my 5 dollar panasonics not hiss? Are wireless dacs way worse?

Where are you getting a Bluetooth enabled headphone for $5? Best I can get for $5 is Walmart wired earbuds that sound like shit. It's another $5-10 to get Bluetooth added to such a thing. And it may be hissing but you don't hear anything because the driver is shit. Or they've actually put a halfway competent Bluetooth chip in it.

panasonics are wired

My Shure SE846s do the same thing. Why is high IQ needed to use Etys?

How is the ratio?
Got it, I'll buy one if it sounds weird in my ears.

Try Moondrop Crescents and Final Audio E1k-E3k. Also those reddit MH755 memes.

Then they would hiss if you plugged them into a shitty DAC. Many cheapass Bluetooth chips use a rubbish DAC or amp that introduces noise.

Why is Moondrop so based, lads? Even the lowly KXXS is already a better all-rounder than my Etymotic ER4XR.

I can't wait to test the Blessing and A8.

Attached: O1CN011pdut8jE4jjf3GJ_!!722535384.jpg (1440x1440, 872K)

So many possibilities.

- I Have a Shit Source: The Movie.
- I have tin ears/My hearing was damaged from too many HS dances and standing near the speakers.
- I overpaid for my first set of generic/CS IEMs.
- Etc.

Bump

What's a good bluetooth mmcx cable?

That just means you want a some more "body" in your FR signature. Harman tuning is pretty based alright.

I just use a normal wire cable with a Bluetooth receiver like ES100. This has the added benefit of not putting wear on the non-replaceable low-insertion-count MMCX sockets on your IEMs whenever you want to switch between wired and Bluetooth, and instead wearing the easily-replaced high-insertion-count 3.5mm plug on the cable.

the point of the bluetooth cable is to not have a long and uncomfy audio cable, so putting an adapter on that is a bit redundant
And I wouldn't switch cables often anyway

The KXXS has a splashy upper treble and the mid is slightly lacking body but other than that it punches so far above its price range it's ridiculous.

Most of these are glorified earbuds. Why aren't actual in-ear bangers more popular? Are folks too squeamish?

Attached: b29gdt6mjdd31.png (960x490, 121K)

What makes the difference? You can get triple-flange tips for most of them if insertion depth is what you're after. But yeah, most of the modern ones either use a larger DD or multiple BAs, which all requires more space than an Ety has. And while Ety's size and sound are really impressive, the way the wires stick out is annoying, leading people to make ergo-fit designs.

Etys are shit

Just got my M2X. I was absolutely convinced balanced outputs were a dumb snake oil audiophool meme but I’m officially a believer. FR didn’t really change (will measure that later) but the soundstage opened up considerably on my Kanas pro’s. Imaging has markedly improved as well.

Attached: DBAD0DB3-137B-40A1-961E-90C04C5349AB.jpg (4032x3024, 2.66M)

If you've tried them and thought that, it's because you failed to actually insert them into your tight virgin ears.That space a finger fits is not where they sit. They go further than that.

I think it was $60 or $70 USD. They were being sold for a "discount" at the time. The accessories seem legit enough to me though, although I can't tell for sure since I don't have anything to compare it to.

Ety is good but the ergonomics is hmm should I say, an acquired taste.

>IEM guy approves of balanced
fuck me. An I just bought an O2 too.
Does the rotary encoder feel any different from the M2S's ?

The encoder feels significantly better. The UI on the player is intuitive and well designed as well. Downside? Refresh rate of the screen is pretty awful amd scrolling is nauseating. Shame considering how excellent the M2S was in both regards. Thought Shanling had that part figured out at least.

I want it I want it I want it I want it I want it I want it I want it I want it

Attached: IMG_0635.jpg (800x431, 284K)

So which Moondrop should I get if I want to experience the meme? I read Blessing is the one that tracks closest to the Harman curve?

Attached: 1_15.jpg (720x531, 162K)

Harman curve is the one with fuckhuge treble boost right?

No that would be the A8. The Boss said hes favorite and most impressive model is the KXXS. So I guess no need to spend much more.
Harman curve a shit. And yes I personally find it glary. Biggest offender is big nibba bass.

Then buy it faggot.
Shanling updates their players often check on their site to see if they have a patch out.

>Biggest offender is big nibba bass.
Yeah that's actually even worse, trying to EQ anything to this makes the sound very boomy. But people have different preferences I suppose.

>thinking finger squaks are an audiophile concept
atleast stop being deaf before making audiophile shitposts

go back

>crashes when asked to delete a file, needs to be restarted

loool

How do I remove the earpieces from the TIN T3 cable? I want to switch them so I wear them cables-down but I feel like I'm going to break it when I try to remove the cable.

Attached: 10238244.jpg (5871x3068, 2.98M)

I already have the ER2 so if possible I want to try something with multiple drivers. Is the A8 any good?

headfonics.com/2019/04/tin-hifi-t3-review/