What do you guys think of the GT 1030?

Attached: 1030.jpg (1280x720, 148K)

Other urls found in this thread:

msi.com/Graphics-card/GeForce-GT-1030-2GH-LP-OC
gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GT-1030-vs-Nvidia-GTX-480/m283726vs3157
developer.nvidia.com/video-encode-decode-gpu-support-matrix
amd.com/en/products/apu/amd-ryzen-5-2400g
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Pretty much as good as it gets for a basic display adapter, can lightly game.

Lightly..

best 640x480 gpu that still exists

I have it and I fucking hate it so much. I can't play anything new with my 144hz monitor

It's a piece of shit.

I bought two of them a while back for peanuts or next to nothing
And i have been pushing they limits to see they will it break
So far thing arent looking to shabby , Fallout 4 on Medium setting running very well and some other games , i really dont know why people give it shit , i mean i will not change my GTX 1050 it for a GT 1030 but still not a bad card

I don't

It's cured me from gaymer disease. I haven't bought a single videogame since I got that lil piece of hardware.

It's just a 750Ti with a bodykit and the 750Ti was a GTX480 with a bodykit.

Trash.

It's amazing for a 30w TDP card, I was super smitten with the performance I was getting with the 55w HD7750 that held the crown at the time, but the 1030 is a beast if you have an optiplex or want a shitposting system that has the most performance per watt and you don't have an APU.

I don't think that term "bodykit" means what you think it means.

Nicely sad user , i couldn`t sad it batter my self

user meant upgrade instead of bodykit

msi.com/Graphics-card/GeForce-GT-1030-2GH-LP-OC

MSI is the only forward thinking company with DisplayPort 1.4 connector instead of outdated, obsolete legacy DVI garbage

OBSOLETE

pic related in an AM4 desk mini USFF is better

Attached: Screenshot_20190902-134959.png (720x1280, 237K)

>how to tell everyone that you have never been on /o/

Too few ports. Needs at least two DP/HDMI outs.

AMD apu better in mostly every way

Eh, not really worth it. At its price tier, you can get better performance from AMD cards, made even better if you pick them up used. I mean, I suppose they're very basic display adapters if you need a discrete alternative while you troubleshoot, but even if you're going to be putting together an emulator/media/HTPC you can get a RX 550 / 560 / 570 instead for much better performance without much price increase if any (and if buying used, even better value)

LOL NO

Slower Pooga garbage

it's not an upgrade
gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GT-1030-vs-Nvidia-GTX-480/m283726vs3157

Are you retarded? AYYMD doesn't support VP9 hardware decoding so those are shit for HTPC

Holy Fuck , sorry user , i really masted up , maybe i was thinking of some outer 4XX card but deam

AYYMD APUS are not better, they lose in every benchmark compared to the GT 1030

Don't listen to AYYMD cucks, they're dumb faggots that don't even look at the benchmarks

If it has a Displayport connector and you don't have one, then it's okay. Otherwise it's just garbage.

Better than nothing.

Attached: agzolxpbugo21.jpg (720x960, 206K)

You'd be very surprised. I got 2 out of 3 to hit 1.55GHz on the iGPU with a voltage of just 1.25v and 3.6GHz base to just 1.2v. ~20% higher perf than pic related all on the stock heatsink ofc.

pic related: stock settings

Attached: ZomboDroid 02092019135911.jpg (1320x6480, 827K)

>Posting fake benchmarks from AYYMD UNBOXED/Techspot

KILL YOURSELF FAGGOT

>Using an AMD GPU for an HTPC
Ask me how I you've never tried.

Anyway those are just stock benchmarks with some old drivers from Febuary 2018, so performance should be ~5-10% better with new drivers again with stock settings. I've built 3 2400G and 1 2200G systems, AMA.

Never had a problem with it on Linux, using RX 570 .

Been rocking it for a year or a so, really nice card.
I don't gayme much, only used to play csgo and civ 5 with it, it was more than enough for it.

The cheaper models are absolute trash, and the better ones are outclassed by APUs.
They're a terrible value for what NVIDIA charges. Literally anything else will give you better performance

GDDR5 version is great
DDR4 total shit

just get a CPU with iGPU

>supposed to be the cheapest option
>no VGA port
It is useless.

this, 2200/2400g ftw

Literally worse than the 12nm APUs which are nothing

no displayport? really?

It's basically a scam, what did you expect

Great card for what it is
Terrible for what it isn't

Fits a really odd, niche market when you can just use a 2200G/2400G.

Attached: 1276502081346.jpg (401x600, 40K)

If only there were a case that could fit 15mm 2.5" drives, holy fuck.

The Asrock Deskmini A300 gets really fucking close, but still can't them without some serious modding.

Please tell me if you know a case that does, because I'm all fucking ears.

I used it to play nep shit before I eventually upgraded to an RX 590. It was pretty comfy.

Attached: laughing_skanks.png (1024x1024, 1.04M)

pic related

Attached: 2019-09-02 14_34_26-Window.png (702x569, 54K)

piece of shit, cannot use it as a second GPU for recording

ddr4 version is a scam

otherwise better than intel integrated graphics

lolwut? There's 2 slots on the back of the MB.

Attached: 94726cf4-s.jpg (600x513, 69K)

Great for passthrough to a windows xp machine, I had to hack the drivers to bits beyond the normal measure and I don't remember half of how I got it working but I have like 20w tdp on avg and it runs xp era games at 1280x1024 perfectly

Yeah, but try fitting 15mm drives
As it is, 12mm drives only go up to 2TB, while 15mm drives go up to 5TB.

Dummy

They've been obsolete by the APUs.
The 2200g costs as much the gt 1030 and you get almost the same performance in graphics with a cpu for free.

its ok, better than an iGPU

They have a pretty niche use, 30w tdp being a benefit or a need for something low profile and passive at the same time, as there are a lot of those variants.
Theyre not the most incapable of cards, its about on par with a GTX 750.

If youre buying one and you dont need to consider low profile or passive, the only one worth buying is the ASL skynet one. This thing was like 70$ on aliexpress new with a coupon and its effectively silent, tops out at 49c under full synthetic load.

Attached: 18cd17cadbb6ae50f45d48d67f0212d0-1200x900.jpg (1200x900, 101K)

also they have this thing which is pretty

i swear im not a chinkshit shill i just really like the non US/EU gpu aibs

Attached: ASL-GT1030-SS-Gaming-Graphics-Card-2GB-64bit-GDDR5-Video-Card-DVI-HDMI-384-CUDR-Core.jpg (1000x1000, 171K)

pretty lame, but better than older intel HD graphics. Gave one to my dad for and old pentium dual core system and it runs much better

I have a legitimate need for a single slot GPU, and it needs to only handle basic desktop displays, so at first this intrigued me but... what the fuck is the electrical layout on that connector?

I've seen x8 electrical connections on a x16 physical connector, which is kind of dumb because the vestigial bulk means you can't slide it into a purely x8 slot, but the connections tend to be over on the half of the card nearest the 12V power pins and the notch.

I pulled up the pinout, and unless I am miscounting, I have to express some serious doubts about this card. I guess I would need to see the other side of the connector as well, but still very perplexing. I am but a child in these matters, though, so if you happen to have an explanation I would love to hear it.

Attached: x8 on x16.jpg (550x152, 18K)

>hurr I can't play anything new at 144hz on a fucking $80 GPU
Yeah not shit

get an used GTX750ti instead

>the 750Ti was a GTX480 with a bodykit.
Except one is a housefire and the other runs at 40C with full load

>It's just a 750Ti with a bodykit
more like a 730

But you can't put an APU on al old Optiplex without changing the core components.

These low end cards offer absolutely terrible value. If it's for an htpc, you can just get an APU or even a raspberry pi 4. If it's for gaming, you can get a used 1060 or 570 and get 4x the fps and actually play the latest games. Literally only tech illterate boomers or poor dumb poojeets would buy them.

Attached: Screenshot_20190902-201330.png (1080x1920, 231K)

Why pay $90 for a shit when you can get RX 480 for that?

fantastic card given its small power usage and the fact that they make so many passive models. Although the fact that all passive cards are dual slot sucks. I have an old GT710 passive model that is truly a single slot. The entire heatsink is only as thick as the PCIe bracket.

It's ok if you get the GDDR5 version for VERY cheap, otherwise a scam.

>you can get a used 1060
not even that, a 750ti probably destroys the 1030

I bought one for 768p gaming and eye candies in emulators, and it's been serving me well so far.

No. The GT 1030 (assuming you weren't retarded enough to buy the DDR4 version, in which case you should off yourself) is literally 1 step behind of the 750Ti, 4 frames behind in the worst cases.

The GT 730 performs far worse than them.

It's overpriced and lacks display outputs. You're literally fucked if you need a non-gaming gpu with at least three outputs and don't want to spend a fortune

see

Good if you just want an extra VGA port I guess

Its not uncommon for cards that dont have any use for full x16 to only use x8 on the card. A lot of RX 460's are like this as well, see the Sapphire Nitro RX 460 as an example.
Many GT 710's as well.

1030's have no performance benefit from x16 vs x8 so for the sake of board simplicity, a lot of them are X8

Alteast get gtx 1050 for server use

developer.nvidia.com/video-encode-decode-gpu-support-matrix

LMAO. OK. GDDR5 vs your DDR4. You can also Overclock the 1030. Try that on your APU.

The gt 1030 does have a ddr4 version, and it isn't always clearly indicated. The 2200g can in fact be overclocked, and there's a good 8% or so of extra performance to be had.

Can't wait for zen 2/rdna APUs, they should make good use of ryzen 3000's higher memory clock support. Something with less tgan rx 470 performance and 4 cores should fit within a 95W tdp.

0/10

It's not that much more expensive to get a second hand gen 1 Ryzen and a second hand dedicated graphics card like a GTX 950, 560 or even a 570. Never understood why people buy weird shit like this, or even in the 2200g.

it is really good for minecraft if you want a silent PC (I use it in a sound recording studio). Be sure to get the GDDR5 RAM based version and not the DDR4 one

Nvidia must have a lot of unsold stock if they have to shill it so hard.

I have one and it gets the job done. Probably not that great of value but I don't care since I don't use it for gaming anyway.

This. I personally wouldn't shell out more than $40-$50 for one and the only place where you can get those reliably cheap is Chinkland. Then you have to deal with waiting a month to find out how badly you got ripped off.

just get an rx 550

What is that in pic? A future muka petak school shooter?

see
There's practically no reason to get a 1030 anymore unless you just like getting scammed.

It's only marginally faster now, not worth it.

it only has two uses;
1. upgrading a second hand office machine (if you're super poor) so it can play some games
2. if you really must get a celery instead of an apu
3. if you don't understand gpu model numbers and think it's an upgrade from your 960 (it happens, i've seen it)

wish there was anything like that but from Amd.

amd puts their low end gpus in their apus

yeah but I have an old intel pc and it could use extra frames in osu

AMD realized a long time ago that they can make more profit if they duct tape a GPU on a CPU and make it use the system RAM instead of having its own dedicated GDDR5.

They COULD (in theory) solder on 2GB of samsung's cheap HBM3 (2GB @ 100GB/s) on a zen 2 chiplet die and include 12CU of a navi GPU @ 1.6 GHz. This would have more than half the performance of a stock Rx 570.

BUT whether they would even be willing to sell such a product isn't clear. Profit margin would probably be low too unless they sold an assload like custom PS4 APUs.

does this badboy now run free sync? might buy one if it does

rx 550?

Does your car have an automatic transmission?

It does.

amd.com/en/products/apu/amd-ryzen-5-2400g

i wish amd had a version like this; no moving parts

its like twice the price and the used market is much weaker for the buyer side

You can buy passively cooled rx550 and shit. You might need to do an UV since AMD loves to overestimate how much voltage is needed

Would have made sense if it had a Ramdac and VGA pins in the DVI port.
Since it is just a “monitor” card more connectivity should be the aim and goal.

Best GPU if you're not into heavy gaming. Low TDP and can be put into any old PC within the past 10 years without a problem. I can play Dota2 on max settings and 100 fps, which is pretty much the only thing I play on a regular basis.