KISS Linux released

getkiss.org/

>An independent Linux® distribution with a focus on simplicity and the concept of “less is more”. The distribution currently targets the x86-64 architecture and the English language.

>Some prior knowledge of Linux (or other UNIXY systems) is required, however those with the capacity, the drive and the willingness to learn will see KISS as a great place to start.

>Developed by the Creator of neofetch, pywal, fff and the Pure Bash Bible, also developed by some guy named Mohammed

>Source based (similar to CRUX or Gentoo). The package manager is tiny and written in 500~ lines (excluding blank lines and comments) of POSIX sh. The package manager also passes shellcheck’s linting.

Software choices:

>libc: musl.
>coreutils: busybox.
>init: busybox init.
>services: busybox runit, busybox sysvinit or roll your own.

What do you think Jow Forums? Seems to be pretty interesting and right up (some of) Jow Forums's alley sort of like Alpine and Gentoo and Void.

Attached: kiss.png (170x170, 5K)

I think systemd steam and chrome wouldn't run on it.

Attached: tard.jpg (1024x512, 72K)

What is this retarded shit lmao just use morpheus, sabotage, or alpine

i don't think busybox focuses on simplicity, it's one giant blob of functions

>Source based
i already have access to github. provide me with binaries or fuck off

>Dylan Araps
Dropped

Loved the logo. Will cause the SJWs to rage for sure.

Why?

> busybox
> not using suckless core tools
Dropped

I forked it with glibc/coreutills/systems instead. Package manager is easy and functional, no dependency bloat. Really nice distro

Does this run on laptops?

>logo is anne frank's jew cups

Seems nice. Might be useful on light servers.

I chuckled

>also developed by some guy named Mohammed
something you always want, nee, NEED in your distro

he literally just started a shitty CRUX clone from scratch
CRUX itself is on life support, what's the point of doing this shit?

This has no usecase. If your computer is shit, use a BSD. Else you won't notice a difference.

Indeed! Fuck this shit.
If you like stuff like this move your ass to CRUX.

>less is more
>54Mb
I can get openWRT fully set up and working on 4Mb with storage to spare.

logo makes my pp hard, i'll try it out once there is screenfetch ASCII art for it so i can dab on people in desktop threads

>neofetch
>screenfetch but for cucks
Imagine installing non GPL programs willingly

>another meme-distro
Just what we needed

>Imagine installing non GPL programs willingly
What's the problem?

Non GPL code is cuckoldry

It's not. Why would it be?

It allows corporations to steal code but also to close source of FOSS.

I care because? As long as I get products that function as advertised, I don't care.

>buy products and get excited for new products
Yep. Sounds like a cuck to me

Seems like a okay hobbyist choice?

That's a lazy strawman user. The dude probably just cares about his time and the effect he has on the world rather than your faggot ideas about software

Why should I care about this if I don't want source based distros? Alpine does everything listed there, but it's not source based. I guess it's not for me.

If he cares about his time then why does he wants corporations to steal his code and close it legally, you fucking retard? You subverter kike, your time will come.

Looks like KISS Linux may use Libressl instead. Alpine is still using Openssl.

That's not an argument. I wouldn't be able to use a computer with all the programs to make money, if it weren't for windows and visual studio. No I'm not using ripoff garbage for the sake of somebody else's imaginary software rights. Seethe more entitlecuck.

Corporations can't steal my code because the code is hidden away and locked, and I can sue anyone with some reverse engineering efforts. Plus, I don't own the software that makes me money, I get paid to develop a 20 year old codebase.

>corporations to steal his code and close it legally
This will probably never happen to him or anyone he knows, ever. It will not happen to you or anyone you know. Given this information, what risk should be managed for? Probably the risk of getting a disease from your mother, no?

Looks great, but is there any non-free stuff in there, such as drivers? This is very important but not addressed in the FAQ. If it's all free I'd try it.

I'm running it right now. Some software is broken because musl isn't a perfect drop-in replacement. Binary nvidia dkms build fails. You're left with intel or abortion nouveau.

>it will never happen
But that's not the point, you fucking retard. The GPL ensure it doesn't happen and that's the difference.

I don't see the flag of the CSA user

>using software that sucks
busybox is dubious nonetheless

>it will never happen
how many devices use BSD variants ? tons, most consoles in fact
what does BSD have to show for it ? nothing, nada, fuckall, just an outdated unsupported system
really wonder why

Attached: file.png (1188x386, 73K)

that proves my point, tripfag
don't bother replying to me again, you're filtered now

Attached: 1383767509405.png (652x896, 247K)

Its so minimal that the laptop will run on top of this

their website uses TLSv1.3 with AES-256-GCM

RESPECT

>woman in the logo
Dilate

>developed by some guy named Mohammed
He's Indonesian. They're alright

I am liking what I'm reading so far. Will there be screenshots added that sort of preview what it looks like in application?

Site is unavailable for me. Russia, Astrakhan
Care to share some screenshots? Thx in advance