Any Jow Forums approved 2.0 speakers...

Any Jow Forums approved 2.0 speakers? I'm looking for a good pair to replace my Bose Companion speakers (I want to put these to my other workplace), and I have heard good things about pic related. Budget is around 100€.

Attached: Edifier-RT1280T.jpg (1500x1500, 177K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rAWAeyldWfk
youtube.com/watch?v=23GehiqRSCg
youtube.com/watch?v=dzAKjhQW_Uw
ebay.com/i/333151032448
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I have those exact speakers. They are completely serviceable.

Either new or used btw, makes no matter

They look very expensive

micca mb42x

Same
its the value option
Doesnt have a crippling flaw like a glaring front facing bright led.

That's Edifier R1280 and they kinda suck IMO. Edifier R1700 is a much better choice (but a bit more expensive). Here's a comparison:
youtube.com/watch?v=rAWAeyldWfk

For $100 I'd go for Mackie CR3 (the most comfortable sound for casual listening IMO). For $150 I'd go for Edifier R1700.
youtube.com/watch?v=23GehiqRSCg
youtube.com/watch?v=dzAKjhQW_Uw

>youtube sound demos

I know it seems dumb but the videos are recorded very carefully and it's perhaps the only direct sound comparison you'll get before buying. Listen to it with the best headphones you have.

I have the 1850s and if the 1280s sound as good per dollar they're absolutely worth a buy.

Just bear in mind they're proper speakers, not desktop crap, and are bigger than you think.

Why are desktop speakers not proper?

If you go 150$ why not go a little bit further and get those studio monitors that go 100$ ea. Lots high quality options there.

Because anything advertised as a "PC speaker" is usually tiny and overpriced.

Attached: gu16f0bsohu01.jpg (1080x879, 81K)

I thought "desktop speaker" meant "bookshelf speaker" rather than "PC speaker"

I've never heard people call bookshelf speakers desktop speakers, but either way that wasn't what I was going for.

You absolutely want bookshelves, either a powered pair like in the OP or a pair of passive ones + a decent amp. The only downside is the physical size.

I am eyeing the Edifier S2000 for the near future

Anybody has them?
I've read conflicting reviews all claiming excellent sound and some claiming the low quality wood literally crumbles apart within a year of use or chink quality having wide gaps and cracks.

based chinese value speaker

I’ve heard good about these user

I grew up on some awesome aiwa and sharp speakers and now all I have is a POS pair of philips ones. It's not that they sound bad, they're actually pretty good overall but the build quality is trash. They do not distort but there are loose plastic pieces in this crap and I just don't turn them on anymore because it'll simply serve to grow my nervous ulcer. I don't need nor want the best out there, these things tend to get expensive fairly easily, and I could have the one in the OP with ease and relatively cheap -- in my 3rd world country. Should I just pull the trigger. I always see them recommended, there must be something to them.

ebay.com/i/333151032448

If you go 200$, you may as well go 250$ or 500$
Shit, why not 1000$.

They're cheap.

thank you user for this intelligent analogy

U S E D
L S 5 0 S
Do it
Theyre magic

Attached: KEF LS50.jpg (4032x3024, 753K)

There's been a recent trend towards selling those off - im not sure why.

I already use dynaudio contours so I'm at the end of any upgrades. But I purchase smallish inexpensive speakers for fun, then I give them away to my family.

Can anyone give their opinion on Dali Zensor 1?

It was kind of a shitpost, but I picked up a used blem pair for $700 and theyve been insanely good nearfield speakers with my 65wpc peachtree class D
If you can get them for less than what I paid theyre a steal

Underrated post

Audioengine makes some decent powered speakers - good quality for reasonable prices. Used you may get them closer to your price, b ut they'll probably be more. If you only need passives they have cheaper passive ones too. For powered...

A2+ are the smallest and cheapest
A5+ are fantastic and bookshelf sized. Don't worry about HD3 and go right to A5+.
HD6 is the new top of the line that is pretty close but a small step above A5+, and has wireless stuff built in by default.
B2 is a single space saving horizontal mini-bar - you can use it on its own or alongside other speakers. Makes for a nice center channel if you decide to build out your system some day.

There's been a bunch of them going up for sale in the $600 to $1000 range the past two months. For under $800 they're a good deal I agree.

I love AudioEngine especially the qt A2.

Zensor 1 is a good speaker. Easy to resell when you feel like upgrading.

People are selling them off because they got meme'd to hell and back, and there's a LOT more viable competition at a fraction of the price that's either powered or doesn't need as much juice to drive (the LS50 is a thirsty motherfucker). They never stopped being great speakers, especially in near-field, but they aren't the giants that they once were and the market is flooded with them causing people to FOMO selling them at closer to their original purchase prices. I love my pair, but I can tell you that if I had waited and gotten Vanatoo Transparent One Encores or Micca RB42s, I'd probably be just as happy with more cash in my pocket.
Also, people who get into audio equipment tend to always be chasing "better" when, while there are objective performance parameters, taste and preference are largely subjective.

Spent $20 on my whole shit poorfag setup. 2 165w Aiwa speakers from the 90s. 2 8in bazooka tubes salvaged from a boat in the mid 00s and a $500 Sony receiver that some college kid threw out when he graduated.
Sounds okay because I'm not a turboautist. Poor and proud

I have the A5+ speakers myself and they're quite good. They are tough to recommend at the retail price of $400, though.

Attached: desktop.jpg (4064x2856, 1.76M)