When were you when invisibility cloak is real?

youtube.com/watch?v=wsR14D5FzsM

It's long but you can skip through it.

Attached: Hyperstealth's Quantum Stealth [wsR14D5FzsM ziyuwvy] 01.webm (1280x720, 974K)

Other urls found in this thread:

old.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/buvosj/whats_a_technology_we_currently_have_that_most/epmc6gl/?context=9
old.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/buvosj/whats_a_technology_we_currently_have_that_most/epn7c8k/?context=9
youtube.com/watch?v=Rqi3jpBSyCc
youtube.com/watch?v=wMPtQDP2l1c
youtube.com/watch?v=MFplhq7FhuI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>""""""""""""""""cloak"""""""""""
>just a big piece of paper with a photo printed on it

That's not an invisibility cloak. It's very noticeable, and all it does it block out light.

A couple of older links:
old.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/buvosj/whats_a_technology_we_currently_have_that_most/epmc6gl/?context=9
old.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/buvosj/whats_a_technology_we_currently_have_that_most/epn7c8k/?context=9
youtube.com/watch?v=Rqi3jpBSyCc

Attached: Hyperstealth's Quantum Stealth [wsR14D5FzsM ziyuwvy] 02.webm (1280x720, 2.61M)

how does this work exactly? if it shows whats behind it why doesn't it show the guy that goes behind it?

Nope.

It bends the light around it.
It's explained in the video.

Attached: Hyperstealth's Quantum Stealth [wsR14D5FzsM ziyuwvy] 03.webm (1280x720, 2.98M)

The demonstration isn't particularly novel.
if you ask any soldier that went to Iraq, they could tell you that FLIR doesn't see through glass.
At the same time, a goatfucker carrying a windshield on his back would still be pretty identifiable.

>it bends the light
it's a sheet of plastic that extremely diffracts light in one direction, and operates on the assumption that the background is contiguous.
You can see some of its failure cases in the OP video. The panels in the middle of the wainscoting are merged together because the vertical beams aren't wide enough to be resolved.

This won't work for most real use-cases.
You need to be able to see the stars behind the bombers.

Pretty interesting tech. If this has enough funding, give it 5-10 years and it's going to be incredible.
The projector stuff was always kinda shit in my opinion, this is the first true approach to the subject.

In the full video it says that this is a crudely made prototype, and that now that it's patent pending he can get real manufacturers to produce much more refined versions with smaller lenticules, which would make the image much more clear.
And either way, I'm still pretty excited because it's not even a first version but an alpha of the first version.
It will still see improvements.

They also posted this:
youtube.com/watch?v=wMPtQDP2l1c

Attached: Hyperstealth Holographic Like Display System [wMPtQDP2l1c ziyuwvy] 01.webm (1280x720, 1.08M)

Attached: Hyperstealth Holographic Like Display System [wMPtQDP2l1c ziyuwvy] 02.webm (1280x720, 2.15M)

Fun but far from actually invisible.

Very fucking far

To be actually invisible to the naked eye you need not only to somewhat blend in but also decieve the sense of depth and not cast the fucking shadow or shine.

HIS ENTHUSIASM MATCHES MINE WHEN I SEE >INVISIBILITY CLOAK BUT ITS THIS PIECE OF SHIT LMAO

Yeah, but it's a first version.
It's obviously shit, but there ccould be great potential for development.
Remember this is just some Canadian dude.
If he gets a nation to buy it from him or fund his research we could very well see it become actually good.

This is some Metal Gear type stealth right here

wouldn't an opaque wall do exactly the same thing or better?

n-no

Not for camouflage, which is what this is for.

Lets extrapolate towards what it could become considering the vague knowledge of science. They could actually reduce the shine with some very expensive coatings.

From what i know about it it averages the light from a large area or makes it curve around the object in the center, so It must be significantly larger than the object it conceals.
So I guess a man could be very inconspicuous from a long distance in a cabin made out of this, perhaps a tank could hide in an house sized box made of this plastic.

But guess what, a man can also be very inconspicuous in a ghillie suit matching the environment.

It's not going to be a literal cloak that lets you jerk off in the lady's changing room or snatch the wallets like "holy shit it just disappeared" it would be a large device that somewhat conceals you from a significant distance.

Attached: IMG_1852.jpg (590x393, 291K)

It explains how it works in the video.
For example at 12:05

YOU MEAN SOME GITS SHIT

Attached: 1462988355500.webm (720x390, 2.99M)

MGS 1 came in 98 or something

>Self-shooting Drones
>Microsoft's AR HoloLenses
>now Invisibility Cloaks
I want off of this ride.

Attached: 1523805277335.jpg (640x480, 41K)

and GitS is a 1995 film adaptation of a 1989 comic.

should just sell the tech to china

I have many things I'd use this for. Many of them unethical.

>just build a brick wall around your intercontinental bomber plane trust me bro

not buying it

Reflective material is horrible for stealth planes retard

>invisible
>can still see the person walking around in the back after the first pass
>invisible
>doesn't even match the lighting right
Sure, Jan.

This is solved with a simple non-reflective coating, as it says in the video.

Only against radar.

no, because it's not thermoptic

I'm guessing if you wrap something tightly then this doesn't work.

this is the same principle as the asus dual monitor bezel thing

youtube.com/watch?v=MFplhq7FhuI

it's just light-guide / light-bending

this

i jerked off to this