What media server software do you use and why?

Attached: media server software.jpg (657x565, 34K)

Other urls found in this thread:

plex.tv/media-server-downloads/#plex-app).
support.plex.tv/articles/201862428-plex-accounts/),
support.plex.tv/articles/203810286-what-media-formats-are-supported/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Plex. Best Server and the new client is also neat.

I'm using some old version of Emby. Thinking of doing the switch to Jellyfin, but never got around to it. Also Kodi isn't a media server.

Kodi can do DLNA, so yeah, it can be.

Jellyfin

Plex. It just works. Combined with Freenas w/ZFS and Raid Z2 my media files will be playing back error free for a long ass time. (I keep backups via Replication).

No worries, no hassles. it all just works. Which gives me time to just relax or do other shit.

I daresay provided my house don't burn my media files will still be playable when I'm in my 80's.

plex is so slow for me its a lot better after i paid for the gpu transcoding thing but direct play works sometimes too

i don't get it, if im on the same network on my tablet the stream is worse than if i tried watching the same thing on netflix/prime

Based and JF pilled

Emby

Next cloud

I use kodi on my computer and my fire stick. Only complaint is that it shits itself over a couple tv shows even though I have all the nfo data and filenames corrected run tmm

Serviio
It werks

Kodi

user.

Plex with my seedbox :)

smb

I use my brain

Kodi. It seems to work fine; I have no complaints besides it's slow shutdown.

DLNA is fucking garbage though

Kodi + Emby. Will switch to Jellyfin once that gets a little more mature/if HDHomeRun ever actually release the Prime 6

None, I am not a Boomer

thats an opinion

Jellyfin >>> everything else

Jelly to the Fin my dude.

kinda related but if you guys need more drives then the wd easystore 10tb that you can shuck are going for $159 right now at best buy. or $128 from google express if its your first purchase and your ok with the botnet.

plex was becoming a slow piece of shit and kept nagging to create an account so i switched the server over to emby
it loaded up the entire library fairly quickly and it's working well. even lets you customize the css, so i moved the fullscreen button to the far right and hid all the premium divs

It's showing $180 for me. What.

yeah I just refreshed the page and the price has gone up. I saw the deal on servethehome and bought a few this morning, would have thought the price would last until midnight.

I'm using OSMC on raspberry Pi.
It's KODI wrapped in better UI and easy updates.
Using it for easy integration with a PC browser, where I can point to url and say play this YouTube video

What do you guys recommend if you want to stream your anime via raspberry pi? Specifically MKV files with embedded subs.

Kodi isn't a media server really. Though I use Kodi with a VPN to my server to achieve a similar thing.

ftp

>plex is so slow for me its a lot better after i paid for the gpu transcoding thing but direct play works sometimes too
This is why Plex is garbage.

Kodi should be fine

Minidlna

Attached: 1567049853161.png (771x723, 680K)

All I really do is watch downloaded shows and movies. So I have a Steam Link and a Bluetooth keyboard/trackpad combo which let's me control my computer while watching the screen on my TV. It works really well, I've looked for reasons to switch to Plex but the Steam Link works surprisingly well. I'm not even a big gamer, a friend just gave it to me and it was collecting dust in my closet.

Plex. Works for me but not for you retards.

sftp

Kodi isn't a media server.

You don't use transcoding ffs. Use direct play. Best quality with almost no cpu load. My plex server can easily tackle 6 streams with no pass required on a celeron n3150. Use the windows client and the mobile app as clients, never the web browser.

even with direct play it will stutter though any reason why??

most of my downloads are hevc 265

Look at what your player tells you. Is it really not transcoded? Also what player are you using?

Plex, sometimes will try to make it go to mx player or vlc just to force direct play but still stutters every now and then

the info definitely says direct play on plex

Jellyfin for Video, Ampache for audio

Both just werk, Ampache has tons of clients since it can use subsonic clients and Jellyfin, while not having a lot of support yet, has a great web interface

Pic related is what you should find in the playback settings while playing something.
Also please specify which plex player (version etc), on windows alone there are 3 different players one could use: One in the windows store, the plexmediaplayer and the recently released new plex desktop applications(~2 weeks ago; i would recommend using the the new app if you are indeed using plex on windows (plex.tv/media-server-downloads/#plex-app).

Attached: Plex.png (416x179, 23K)

free plex is so shit
i share my labrary with parents and a few friends and since it doesn't have accounts its pretty fucked and there were a bunch of other shit when i tried it
i just use synology's defaulft apps, works good enough for non-4khdr which i just put on a flash drive or play thru vlc

lmao someone can't properly set up plex

theres nothing to set up nigger, my usecase just isn't part of their free package

I use OSMC on my Apple TV.

>i moved the fullscreen button to the far right
What have you done...

okay kiddo let me walk you through what you said:
>i share my labrary with parents and a few friends and since it doesn't have accounts
who is "it"? Plex? Plex has accounts... Perhaps you are talking about your family and friends? Well everyone can create an account. Please be more precisie.
>its pretty fucked and there were a bunch of other shit when i tried it
What a specific way of describing your problem

I don't think your usecase is not part of what a free account offers. However you never specified your entire usecase, but just playing media works fine.

>Plex
Why is this shit is shilled so hard?

>plex has accounts...
not the free package, currynigger and it can't play 4k10bit even when you pay
but keep posting, maybe you'll make 50 rupees today and afford a bottle of pure water

i want to set it up so no metadata stuff is being applied and it just serves a folder through dlna. how do i do that? it always fetches (wrong) metadata that even pollutes the "folder" option

subhuman scum, i'm amazed you know how to write. Plex has accounts you worthless shit (support.plex.tv/articles/201862428-plex-accounts/), anyone can create them, no one has to pay a cent. And if you cant play back 4k10bit its probably because the player you are using cant play that shit. God i wish hitler would have won so trash you like would be euthanised.

>my hardware can't handle 4k10bit mkv imanigger

pretend you're white now that you've been found out, pooskin
your double digit iq still can't grasp i'm talking about multiple users sharing a single library

support.plex.tv/articles/203810286-what-media-formats-are-supported/
>8bit

Emby, it's kinda shit but just works
I want to switch to Jellyfin but it doesn't have clients for my (((smart))) tvs

Plex + Infuse. Plex/Kodi is for children at this point, pretty much everyone who knows what they are doing are going Plex + Infuse.

Oh no, i cant share my libraries with my friends...oh wait im doing that for months with my free account. You can insult me all you want but it doesn't change the facts, you are incapable of setting up plex the way you need it, you have serious problems at writing english and can't properly describe your problems, and no matter what you do i will always be aryan and you some other shit ethnicity no one gives a flying fuck about.

Attached: PlexShare.png (1922x1034, 2.05M)

ok durgesh...you win

>i just use synology's defaulft apps, works good enough for non-4khdr which i just put on a flash drive or play thru vlc

>wintoddler
Fuck off.

well my server runs on linux, obviously...
the right tool for the right job, i'm not gonna waste my time with linux desktops...

Then use Unix.

Unironically this. I just use Samba shares.

Kodi and friends are so much better though

Kodi just werks for me, I've constantly having issues with Plex stuttering.
Samba and Kodi aren't mutually exclusive, I use Kodi on PC and laptops and use a shared media library etc through mariadb and samba

I mean you could use SMB or NFS but Kodi itself does the same thing

also using osmc
please elaborate what do you mean by url pointing

>Plex
Enjoy the botnet

>Emby
Nice paywall botnet

>Kodi
Kys

>Jellyfin
Redpilled

Based, I use this too. doesn't get any easier

How i can make jellyfin access my movies folder in my home folder? I tried ACL but it's not working.

>I only watch pirate streams, on fly-by-night sites, of obscure garbage using my phone. 95% of that being anime.

Attached: Sexy Grimes.jpg (1486x2096, 402K)

my downloads are usually 265 so the mbps is ranging between 7-12 on original quality, and i use the android app on my galaxy tab s5e or my phone or even my ps4 sometimes

Openssh and vlc