Update Thread

You are up to date, aren't you user?

Attached: up-to-date.png (1159x985, 314K)

Other urls found in this thread:

zillowtech.com/install-wsl2-windows-10.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Every time I let updates install, it makes it to like 97% then says that the updates couldnt be completed. It's done this probably 10 times now in the past month or two. Fucking Windows.

Might I direct you to ? This is a thread for people who HAVE installed ALL their updates. And we like to do it often. Keeping up to date is like a fun game for us.

Attached: EH6gM.png (1080x2280, 71K)

I CAN'T install them, as it fails each time. Believe me, I'm autistic about always having my shit up to date too.

>:: Starting full system upgrade...
there is nothing to do

TFW no updates

Is that fucking Satania behind the menu part of your settings app?

>the windows 10 botnet psyop thread
fuck off

You aren't using the world's most broken telemetry beacon shitheap OS, are you user? Why aren't you using GNU / Linux, or a BSD, or OS X? Don't you care about your privacy? Wouldn't you rather be on a stable and clean Unix-like system that doesn't need constant attention to make sure it's not transmitting your biometric data to Redmond Inc.?

Good eye

I have a Lunix environment should I need it.

Attached: lunix---it-just-werks.png (1345x758, 67K)

It's still shit compared to running the real thing. Your shit OS should be in a VM on GNU / Linux, not the other way around.

Call me when Lunix virtualizes ITSELF to better accomodate the Windows guest.

>still windows
still botnet

Nigga what? Are you trying to say that WSL runs a linux vm under a windows vm on windows?

user... i

Attached: 123.png (348x152, 5K)

Attached: Untitled.png (1202x934, 224K)

My PTSD acts up whenever I see Windows threads now that I’m on macOS. I have no clue how I tolerated it for so long.

Why do you use Windows? For me it was for video games until I quit.

>With Windows 10 20H1 preview builds Microsoft has introduced the new Windows Subsystem for Linux version 2 (WSL 2). This is the Microsoft’s next version of the Windows Subsystem for Linux and includes a genuine open-source Linux kernel based on version 4.19 from Kernel.org. As it uses a real Linux kernel, Linux apps will now have full access to their normal system calls. As Microsoft states their blog WSL2 improves compatibility for Linux apps and better file system performance. WSL 2 is now using virtualization technology (based on Hyper-V) and uses a lightweight utility VM on a real Linux kernel. You can find out more about WSL 2 in the release blog or on the Microsoft Docs Page for WSL 2.
zillowtech.com/install-wsl2-windows-10.html

What Linux apps exist that aren’t on Windows?

a usable command line
compilers that you can install libraries in without conniption

>apps
You meant applications. Anyway, examples:
IPTables
IPSet
GNU Core Utils
BSD Utils
Wget
Curl
Thousands of other CLI tools
A working bash shell that doesn't require virtualization
Terminal interfaces that support a broad range of keyboard shortcuts and mouse-interactions (unlike command prompt and powershell)
Utilities to facilitate proper sandboxing of applications from the root FS
Package managers that can be easily manipulated via GUI and CLI
Tons of other software, both GUI and console-oriented, that doesn't spy on you, that is fully open source, and doesn't ship with ads or malware.

>IPTables
>IPSet
Windows Defender Firewall with Advanced Security
>GNU Core Utils
>BSD Utils
Powershell
>Wget
>Curl
wget.exe, curl.exe

> >GNU Core Utils
> >BSD Utils
> Powershell
Fucking TRIGGERED. Your shit powershell can't even print columns like awk.

I could use awk.exe, or I could use WSL

Yessss

Attached: 1556719320189.png (1920x1080, 316K)

Nope. I'm out of disk space on my system partition, so Windows fails when it tries.

M$ uses AI to update his customers' PC.
People with fraudulent KMS will soon be detected and destroyed by AI.

emerge -DNu @world

Nothing to merge; quitting.

I'm getting there.

Attached: working as intended.jpg (1919x1439, 128K)

for now.. soon they'll release Catalina

Attached: Screenshot 2019-09-03 at 13.12.19.png (932x328, 101K)

Absolutely!

Attached: 41.jpg (885x345, 56K)

My tethering just reset today so I’m about to be.

You ARE doing your mandatory updates, right user?

Attached: 2019-09-03 10_23_13.png (429x444, 17K)

absolutely based

Very nice anons, thank you for participating in my thread and making it a success!

Attached: gahxkzm8rck31.jpg (464x661, 32K)