For me its the tatami mat

You go anywhere else in the world they sleep on these things burgers are the only ones who sleep on mattresses because they've gotten so big. I recently threw the king size memory foam my parents got me out and replaced it with a tatami mat and having been sleeping better than ever! What kind of sleep technology is Jow Forums using?

Attached: 71m3XkaZwZL._SX425_ (1).jpg (425x382, 43K)

Other urls found in this thread:

futons247.co.uk/futon-sofa-beds/67-loft-living-tatami-set.html
youtube.com/watch?v=TKNnUu1sFdk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>get tatami mat
>no longer have huge space of things to put under bed

ah yes a new weebtardation thread good

>t. Burger lard
I get you need a big bed for a big boy! But i really recommend you get a tatami mat, they arent too expensive and you can get them at your local tatami maker or online! Very comfy!

Attached: 1537080764342.jpg (960x960, 99K)

uh huh sure thing ken-sama

It is time to let go user

>no where save America do they sleep on mattresses
I know that weebs are fucking dumb but, c'mon.

Huh?

newfag out

What's new fag?

yoo I made a post about my tatami setup in /bsg/ a while ago and all the burgers called me a weaboo and tried to claim I wouldn't get sex due to my comfortable sleeping setup. It's good to see another tatami bro here. I don't have a pic right now 'cause I just had to move my apartment, but I ended up finding a perfect long, 14" tall coffee to put next to it for one of my monitors and my tea-making gear. It's perfect. I just sit cross-legged on my tatami and watch TV on my little monitor while drinking tea or doing situps/other abdominal exercises.

Attached: tatami-bro.jpg (3024x4032, 2.84M)

Is tatami comfy?

how could these possibly be comfortable, I don't get it, unless your floor is real soft like the japanese ones

yeah I get rid of my bed about a year ago. I found that mattresses just weren't comfortable, weren't optimal for rest and terrible for posture and made me lie awake waiting to sleep

but conditions up here in Canada are way to cold to sleep on the floor or tatami anytime but midsummer so I use one of these. Keeps me nice and warm and is also pretty comfortable

Attached: TAR_SoLite_whitebg.jpg (696x450, 70K)

tatami sehr comfy

Attached: tatami-bro2.jpg (4032x3024, 635K)

I wonder how many hours does she need to put on her jeans.

You know Japanese don't use these things instead of mattresses, right?
It is just a type of floor. They put futons on top of it to sleep on.

tatami sehr comfy

How is it too cold to sleep on a tatami in Canada? A tatami provides a lot more insulation than a thermarest.

Attached: tatami-orb2.jpg (960x1280, 569K)

Don't you guys get scared of the formaldehyde they use to bind the straws together?

SUPERIOR NIHONESE STRAWMAT FOLDED A BILLION TIMES

obviously. But you're supposed to roll up the shikibuton during the day and then you get a comfy floor for cross-legged sitting. It's good because it encourages better posture, so you stop looking like pic related

Attached: fibonacci.jpg (544x841, 159K)

I've lived in Japan for a bit and the winders there are extremely mild compared to here even in the north.

The thremarest keeps you warm by putting a layer of air between you and the ground in a way the tatami doesn't

sleeping pads have r ratings to tell you how warm they will be

the r value of any kind of straw doesn't come anywhere near even the most basic summer sleeping pads and mine is rated for camping in mild winter weather

>t. retard
It's a melamine-formaldehyde resin, i.e., a cross-linked polymeric structure. The formaldehyde is literally covalently bonded to the melamine molecules, as in the products side of the equation in pic related. They literally make bowls and plates out of this material, and you've probably eaten out of them.

Attached: 1280px-IdealizedMelamine_CH2OResin.svg.png (1280x540, 45K)

Yeah, or just have a seating pillow for that. Tatami is still a bit hard to sit one without anything else.
I lived in an apartment with a tatami room and it really isn't very practical. Inconvenient to clean, and smelly if you don't have the fake plastic ones.

the smell of the tatami is aesthetic. We're you literally dripping puddles of sweat onto yours?

I just purchased this on your advice
futons247.co.uk/futon-sofa-beds/67-loft-living-tatami-set.html

"burgers are the only ones who sleep on mattresses"
How sheltered a burger are you, OP?
Also memery foam is awful so anything is an improvement.

>Implying she takes them off

>cross-legged sitting
>good
It's one of the main reasons why asians are susceptible to osteoarthritis

Tatamis encourage sitting on your knees though, the point of cross-legged sitting is that you can do it on concrete without hurting yourself

Attached: ob_c0fe84_amenagement-posture-seiza.jpg (273x475, 41K)

That sitting posture cannot be good for your legs, mate

Tatami mats are cool and all but you have to be careful with them because they attract mold easy and if you're not living in Japan they're probably a lot more expensive to replace, so basically it's more expensive maintenance.

I've been using just a 5cm thick mattress pad for years. Very comfy, I can eat on it without my drinks falling over. I tried sleeping on the hard floor for two days now, but it's very painful when changing position, and I'm not used to sleeping on my back so it will be hard to get used to the position.

Maybe I need to switch to tatamis too, BUT I won't do it like the ppl ITT with one mat, but cover the entire floor with them.

The tatami is full of air between the fibres, same as any mattress. Much better insulation than your camping mattress, but it just takes more time to heat up when you're getting on it.

thats not a proper ttami mat, it doesnt have the right suspension

why not?

how do you know?
if I bought the wrong one, I would consider buying a new one.

I just sleep on the carpet in my room with a wool blanket over me and maybe some clean clothes under my head.

actually post a side view, a tatami mat should be a few cm thick. modern ones have built in suspension frame so they can be placed over concrete floor, older ones would be nailled to a wooden frame.

I thought that was the underside of a big cpu

it's a great way to sit if you grow up with fucking bound feet

not so much if you are an human being with normal proportions and flexibility.

how much did you pay for it , and are there different kind of tatami ??

if i want to buy one , what should i look for and look out for ...dont want to buy bullshit.

Attached: cat.jpg (641x581, 56K)

How much more based can tatameme mats get?

Attached: 1567223616806.png (340x314, 236K)

fun fact: japanese rooms are measured in units of tatami mats. also japanese people have a saying to help them cope with their lack of space (due to overpopulation): two tatami mats to lie down, one tatami mat to stand up.
of course these days it's usually 0.3 tatami mats to stand up, especially anywhere in public, and don't even mention the trains.

the standard tatami mat is 910mm x 1820 mm ( 2'11" x 5'9"). most rooms in a house are only fit about 4 to 6 mats.

I spent most my life in Japan and this thread is bizarre to me.

It's a type of floor. Nobody takes a single mat and uses it as a surface to sit on in a western style room.

Imagine the smell

Any guides on buying a high-quality tatami?

>You go anywhere else in the world they sleep on these things burgers are the only ones who sleep on mattresses
German here, we also use matressess. As does about any European country I know.

Join the tatami revolution.

All these people taking everything seriously, don't you realize where you are?

>are the only ones who sleep on mattresses
Woah is the rest of the world really so poor they have to sleep on the floor like homeless people? SAD!

Ram Dass recommends sleeping on a hard surface for personal development in the back of 'be here now'.

Says it's easier to be aware during your dreams and enter a meditative state. Deep stuff!!

And I recommend you to donate your foreskin, goy

I have carpeted floor so I don't sleep on a tatami, if I sleeped on hardwood I would..

But I am a floor sleeper. I don't use a mattress, I throw down a blanket because the carpet is a bit rough and I've never felt better. I've tried so many mattresses and after floor sleeping I could never go back. Anytime I'm on vacation I don't even bother sleeping on the beds, Sometimes I chill on them but never sleep.

>Anytime I'm on vacation I don't even bother sleeping on the beds
hotel beds are shitty and full of cum but a hotel floor will always be worse. I hope you keep a thick blanket at least between you and the AIDS.

I hope you keep a thick blanket at least between you and the AIDS

Yes obv user

just wanted to make sure, this is Jow Forums after all

>start sleeping on the floor temporarily because my bed is broken
>eh comfy enough, I don't need no bed
>can sense car passing in front of my home

>i thought those were server chips
I h8 matresses too but am still in uni and living with mom so no choices there
You can use your bed skeleton but replace the matress with a mat

So, this is the japanese equivalent of a gym mat
>the kind you used to see on walls in the P.E area of american schools

Watch this. You will never see tatami with the same eyes again.
youtube.com/watch?v=TKNnUu1sFdk

>How is it too cold to sleep on a tatami in Canada?
I think it's more about the fact that colder air stays at the bottom. In Canada you'd simply have to pay more for heating to keep the air near floor comfy.

Yeah but those countries are burger tier. Look at how fat those people are. Ever since i started sleeping on my tatami mat my sleep has been great and my back pains have gone away. This is the future my friend.

What's the rate of decomposition for that dendrimer? I can't imagine those melamine moieties are very stable. Do they decompose to cyanide when the dendrimer is heated? Sorry, just curious and it seems like you could answer faster than I could find the answer by googling it.

>72583975
Shut up, OP is a weeb faggot who threw away a king size mattress his parents got him. What kind of ungrateful shit does that?

No, the japanese use these to sleep on. They're incredibly comfortable. The japanese are probably the most redpilled on sleep technology.

I have a platform made of a bunch of sheets of plywood and 2x4. basically a 4'x8'x10in chunk of wood. And on that I have a 4x6 folding foam thing that's 6in thick. It's quite dense, flat. and solid. Probably close to a tatami base with a proper futon.

My eventual plan is to tatami the whole room but cost mone

Ah a fellow tatami user. For me its the tatami mat. I replaced my bed with it and have been sleeping great ever since.

I used to have a tatami with a cotton futon on it. Best way to sleep i have ever had. Never had such good nights, no more back pains. And I had expensive mattress before.

I had to throw it out though after i found out bed bugs made a nest in it.

Gotta love countries infested with niggers.

Seiza is comfortable after you get used to it
>t. Aikidofag

>sitting cross-legged
>doing situps
Enjoy your anterior pelvic tilt. Either one of those things can destroy your posture let alone both.

imagine an entire nation's culture tricking your retarded ass to sleep on the fucking floor voluntarily

nobody but people below the poverty line in asia sleep on these, lmao. even the really poor people put a bunch of blankets and shit on top of the tatami. normal asians all have beds.

I live in balkans and i have never heard anyone get those bed bugs burgers mention all the time, wtf

I live in France though.

Americans don't have niggers. Never did. They don't even know what a nigger is.
What they have are already watered down mixed blacks.
In Europe we got niggers straight from Africa. Worst of the worst.

get your retarded weeb shit off Jow Forums

you don't know anything about asia or asian mentality. i've seen plenty of anime and movies with people sleeping on tatamis and futons

Its a technology. Definitely superior to matresses. If you arent sleeping on a tatami you're really missing out.

wtf are you poor or homeless, anons?

if you are fat, yeah, it's no good

These are rare even in Japan. Imagine being such a weeb...

>You will never see tatami with the same eyes again.
Why? People die alone all the time, in the west or not.

Which LGA socket is that?

Attached: bmk3hbliqty21.jpg (4032x3024, 922K)

it's very sad to see things like this happen, but I wouldn't cast the blame to tatami mats. In fact, I bet it would be easier to clean them off than to clean a mattress with the same bodily fluids. The only thing that would be harder to clean is the fluids that seep into the floor, but lonely deaths only affect a minority of people. The rest of us can benefit from sleeping on them.

How do you have sex on top of those? Genuine question, not trying to be snarky. I've always wanted to sleep on the floor, but what if I bring a girl home? How am I supposed to tell her that we're fucking on the floor?

Attached: 1564087623365.jpg (800x595, 137K)

If she wants to have sex with you it doesn't matter. I've had sex on couches, tables, the actual floor, pretty much any surface. Sure, a bed is probably the most comfortable and most convenient, but a futon isn't the thing standing between you and sex.

>What kind of sleep technology is Jow Forums using?
A bed

Idk. Inconveniences like this can be turn offs.
>brings girl home
>"wait a sec, let me roll out my tatami mat" instead of going directly to the bed
Did you have sex though?

I thought tatami mats were usually placed on raised floors, at least if we're talking about Japanese homes. don't know why you'd unironically use them in western homes.

Savagery, that's what this is. Imagine sleeping on the floor like some sort of animal. Next you're gonna tell me you eat your food with a stick instead of proper cutlery?

Do your self a favor and furnish your house with some proper furniture.

Attached: barry-lyndon-4.jpg (600x337, 77K)

What is wrong with sleeping on these? they're incredibly comfy and better for your back. Just burgers need giant mattress hold blubber fat papa jon.

You aren't a jap. Grow up.

>t. burger lard
You're just mad you are so fat you need a giant giga mat to sleep on to hold your lard.

why does everyone assume burgers are all fat and lazy? i sleep on the floor with an itchy woven acrylic blanket from mexico. mats and pillows cause me to oversleep. sleeping 4 hours a night is plenty, and by early morning you're sore enough from lying on hardwood to want to get up and take a shower. a lot of days i'm running on only 2-3 hours. i don't dream when i sleep so i tend to hate it, it's just a massive waste of time for me.

Attached: 47df2fbfd36a13d57459eefd53d0e783.jpg (371x500, 73K)

weaboo website retard

Attached: Anime belongs on 4chan.png (880x131, 12K)

The tatami mat is not weeb culture, it is the future of sleeping technology.

wrong. /a/ is a weaboo board that spills over into other boards, it even says so right there in the pic you posted. complaining about weeb shit on Jow Forums is as stupid as the crybabies complaining about Jow Forums shit on Jow Forums. boards spill over because people's interests are varied. nobody on Jow Forums is interested in technology alone, they like anime and hitler, too.

Attached: minority_weeb.jpg (1107x338, 186K)

Attached: anime website.png (511x162, 23K)

I can only sleep soundly on my side, and I need pillows and a mattress for that.

I'm not even super terribly fat. I'm a little bit overweight, but it's more just that I have a bit of nocturnal asthma which makes it hard for me to breathe when on my back or stomach, and then I have broad shoulder which make it so that I get bad shoulder and neck pain if they aren't properly supported.

/vp/ arguably is a soft weeb board just because of the subject. Meanwhile I wouldn't call /i/ a weeb board since it really caters to both western and eastern shit from what I can tell.

Hardly anybody in Japan even does that anymore, most people have western-style beds these days.