Why is this so universally hated now, It used to be one of the best torrent apps

Why is this so universally hated now, It used to be one of the best torrent apps

Attached: UTorrent_(logo).png (200x200, 43K)

because normies use it

Because it hasnt been good in quite a while and everyone who still used it, used the, shit I even forgot the version number... but they used THAT one old version.

But anyway, there's plenty of other torrent tools available that are better or just as good.

Even halite, which hasn't been updated in years, is still newer than the last acceptable version of utorrent. And halite is at-least FOSS.

>2019
>torrents

Attached: 5G.jpg (430x290, 47K)

They shipped a crypto currency miner at some point

didn't they pack it with a bunch of malware?

>any year
>paying for shit you don't own

because you gotta be a fucking retard to use some freemium, ad-ridden piece of shit that does the same thing as the other gorillions of free, open-source torrent clients

Because it turned into adware and borderline malware.

2.2.1 is still the best a GUI torrent client can be

>people still use vuze

Attached: Screenshot 2019-09-03 at 10.08.22.png (107x170, 6K)

2.2.1 won't let you choose individual files for download before adding a magnet link. This was added in 3.x, but 3.x is shit.
Also, you can't rename individual files in an active torrent, AFAIK.

strangely enough utorrent was actually one of the only windows torrent clients with a CLI that would let you specify the fucking download path of the torrent

Malware and ads.
That's why.

mostly qbittorent shills

I switched to qbittorrent when they stuck ads all over it. Does qbit have ads now or something? I haven't updated in forever.

2.2.1 freeware?
I'm stick with the based 3.4.2 build from 2014, before they started fucking with us with cryptomining. Since then, i can't trust them.

Also deluge beats it.

>now

because tixati exists

>owning a bunch of virtual 0's and '1s
kys irl

The good version has remote execution vulnerabilities

Last decent version was 2.2.1 before the devs sold out mega hard so people moved to qBittorrent as an equivalent.

I think Vuze is the only torrent program I still have installed, despite the fact I haven't torrented anything in literally years.

it was packed with malware.
the end.
use open source shit.

>not using qBittorrent in [current year]

>neo Jow Forums now defends nothing as a service botnets
Truly pathetic the state of this website nowadays

>It used to be one of the best torrent apps
you used to believe that because it's the most popular one and you didn't know any better