Why are there so few women in tech? Even with all the forcing, they still aren't interested...

Why are there so few women in tech? Even with all the forcing, they still aren't interested. I'm in my 2nd year of college studying CS and when I started there were no women, and now there's only one other.

Pic unrelated

Attached: e22sdq.jpg (1350x1080, 570K)

Almost all women Ive met are retarded at tech, outside of this idk.

>when I started there were no women
>now there's only one other
>one other
>other
>when I started there were no women
>other

Attached: 9fgbjwqi4e321.png (1023x820, 73K)

>Why are there so few women in tech? Even with all the forcing, they still aren't interested.
Maybe because it tells you something about human nature and confirms that men and women evolved performing different tasks.

Ah yes, I remember when cavemen where programming using abacuses and cavewomen were in the cavekitchen complaining. Those were the days.

women avoid tech for purely superficial reasons

Attached: 1463439133247.jpg (1110x982, 284K)

>one post by this ID

Because despite all the changes people are trying to make in the tech industry in terms of equality, men are still overwhelmingly toxic to women. Just because a woman talks to you doesn't mean she wants to fuck.
More men firings need to happen before women will start going into the industry.

Same reason there's few men working as elementary school teachers.

Women (female) are literally not interested in technology, theres very few exceptions. Men are interested in things, women in people or emotional matters.

Attached: e9d.jpg (600x600, 18K)

Prove me wrong, you stupid fucking piece of shit.

It's nothing more than this. I don't know any women who care about computers. Computer games, yes, but computers, no. Or they THINK they're good at computers when what they mean is they can operate one to their required standard.

My wife, who thinks she's good with computers, always calls me when there's even a slight issue with her Windows 7 install. And trying to get her to move to Linux was pointless because she was daunted by it.

Men are more interested in tech, women are more interested in e.g. nursing. It's to do with the characteristics of the sexes. I don't see a drive to get more men into nursing, because it would be inadvisable to get people in purely based on their sex when it could endanger others. This is why comments like the above saying men need to be fired more in tech make no sense. If anything is 'toxic' it's diversity quotas.

dilate, tranny

Women are brought up in environments that subconsciously gravitate them towards other things.

If you rose a girl amongst video games, tech etc they would probably have the same chance of going to CS as boys.

Attached: 6cedb3-20160923-girlslifeboyslife.jpg (600x451, 59K)

have sex, incel.

Or maybe it's the other way round, that men are naturally more interested in those things as a result of genetics and biology. It's not 'societal conditioning'. Read "Why Men Don't Listen and Women Can't Read Maps". It's to do with the physical make-up of our brains and bodies.

Work involving computers were originally a female dominant field bud.

I learned Java as a kid from an absolutely based Iranian lady.
I don't care about how many women choose which profession to pursue, the world would be less toxic if everyone saw it that way, I think

Read psychological studies about effects of testosterone on men and women, women have low interest in everything that is mecanical / mathematics related but have more social empathy, while men are the opposite.

That's because they were cheaper.

Because they're constantly accused of being rapists and paedophiles with no evidence?

Women are fucking dumb, what else do you want to know?

>waaaaaa maaammmy the mayyyn are tawkxic
>mayyyn hate us cus they dont hev cex
>xdddd incels lmao

your "species" are underrepresented in tech, and in starting to see why that's a good thing.
fuck off. hard.

because "tech" is now quickly gluing garbage together and hoping it works without understanding anything that's going on
it's a job for computer literate retards

one reason why vaccines are pushed so much is to get enough retarded computer people to duct tape things together

Attached: monster drink.jpg (699x366, 41K)

Obviously it's PATRIARCHY's fault.

Attached: 1561824252515.jpg (236x443, 27K)

why arent there enough women in coal mines?
why arent there enough women in steel factories?
why arent there enough women in professional football?
why arent there enough women in waste management?
why arent there enough women in construction?

Because their are biologically not interested. Even the few females at my local tech school don't care about technology at all, the most intelligent one dreams of being a HTML programmer (no joke). Men are naturally oriented towards engineering.

Women are smarter than men so they're doing electrical, mechanical, and aeronautical engineering instead of brain dead CS

Mostly because of tradition and that it's still in the process. It doesn't help that there aren't really any tech female idols. All they have are make up artists and songwriters, maybe a few athletes. Us guys have Elon, Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, etc.
Also, I'm gonna be a dick and say that we don't NEED more female programmers. We need better programmers in general. Introducing a population which hasn't been too interested in programming could shed light to a potential genius or prodigy which seems like the plan.

I'd rather have tech being shown to EVERYONE rather than just focusing on females/poc. Being technologically inept is probably the worst thing to ever be in the 21st, and bringing up the baseline understanding of technology will help the world in so many ways.

who is this saemon daemon?

the only reason theyre forcing women into tech is because they want to control tech
and that is much more easily done when half your workforce is emotionally-driven and easily coerced

It's implied that OP is a woman herself who just now got another female classmate you fungus.

No because little children are fucking annoying.

Why are there so few men in nursing or kindergartens?

Because they aren't fucking interested in tech. Discussion over, move on.

hello newfriend

What Twitter will tell you
>men conspire to keep women out of tech
What Jow Forums will tell you
>women are too dumb for tech
What the actual answer is
>women don't want to go into tech because only autists and trannies care

That was a good interview. I don't really follow Petersen but I am impressed by his intellect and debate skills.

The reason being that there was an untapped pool of talent in women with mathematics degrees and because they could still be stuck in an office.

Now, explain the lack of independent ones. Plenty of men did it because it's what they enjoy and didn't give a shit if Rodney beat them up for it.

Did you seriously believe the 15% figures they keep showing around when presenting college courses? I'd really love to see the source for that.
Fuck, even 1% may be overestimating CS reality.

But don't worry. Chairs and companies want (You). They need women to show that they are not sexist, so they will highly value that you are female, and will use that as a tie-breaker in your favor against other candidates.
Get that degree, and your career is assured.

>little prissy princesses need someone to shatter the glass ceiling for them
I've known plenty of older women who've worked for years in tech. They're strong and intelligent. We don't need more retards who'll fall into a coma because there aren't any gluten-free bagels. We already have baasedboys for that.

Well meme'd OP, but you're still a faggot.

>What is hunter / gatherer society

Those women were knitters and they were needed for the labor of building computers, when many parts were made by hand.

A lot of women I met who are interested in tech were scared off by how male dominated it was. I would say for #MeToo related reasons, but this is a common reason of theirs I've been seeing long before that (like before Obama was POTUS).

There's many factors, but I suspect a major one is not being afforded the kind of solitude needed for singular nerdy focus. Can't even put down their phone for the length of a movie without risking some boi having a panic attack and sending death threats.

Why do you think you fucking degenerate. Maybe they aren't capable.

My guess is that women, on a biological level, are less interested in creating and maintaining systems.
I wonder why a girl like OP is an exception to this..

Attached: 1564215545489.jpg (400x400, 28K)

>women

Attached: 0EECF93A-48EF-4BFC-A038-4C94C629486D.jpg (750x1023, 126K)

she may be dumb but justify charging for this shit

You cannot force people to be interested in something.

Same reason you have to pay a mechanic to diagnose your Check Engine Light that's just your gas cap being loose.
No repairs were made, but they had to spend the time to diagnose the problem.

>my time should be free because the problem was easy to fix

justify bothering a repairman for this shit

yeah fuck little children

Coding is a feminine job. Programmers were mostly women until they started marketing games to basedboys. Now the field is filled with bugmen and trannies. Not what I consider peak masculinity unlike finance or whatever

I've been called to repairs that turned out to be simple problems like this. And because of that, I didn't charge them for it (but I threatened to charge them the next time this happens).

>that pic

So basically girls are growing up doing gay shit, and when they are forced into the field dominated by boys - they bring this gay shit with them. Now that makes scence.

Women are unironically smarter than men, why study this shit when you can seduce some guy and take his money and affection? Women 's easy mode is entirely limited by individual morals

>It doesn't help that there aren't really any tech female idols.
Lisu Su is a good one, but she accomplished it through actual hard work so thats not interesting.

Wouldn't any feminist just blame that on men keeping women out of those roles?

except that's wrong. When minimizing societal influence over the sexes accentuates the biological differences e.g in India you have more women in tech because by necessity it's one of the only fields that pays enough to feed yourself. In the nordic countries, women have a better social security net, so they can afford to go pursuit their actual interests instead of minmaxing their life to survive

Those women weren't programmers, they were copiers. You're basically saying that Bill Gates' secretary i as much into programming as Bill himself

And there never will be if you go full code monkey. All the sci chicks are in the math department. If you want more girls, look for a program with more math.
>was CS undergrad. Now doing CE masters. It's a bit better, but not even close to cash-money 50/50 split in memenomics.

Think about what it takes to be good at tech.

Isolation
Dedication
Comprehension
Motivation

Not many women can handle having those kinds of qualities pushed to the extreme that it takes to make it in this sort of profession.

wait n-

Attached: 29416253_1252639388212233_3269477230547304448_n.jpg (480x459, 25K)

As someone who works with just boomers and a few women. I can see the toxicity they talk about

oh yes user, quite the clear relationship there

Just to go back and show there different sexes often found two different jobs appealing.

>That pic.
I got into a uni that was

Another masters student here.
Stop lying. It's hardly different.

All contact with female students is through sports and minor.

Because tech = Jow Forums.

>tech = Jow Forums
4chan probably genuinely has a higher female quota than tech as a whole.