/eReader general/

eReaders and e-ink devices are technology, talk about your kobos and kindles, talk about mobi and why it smells so much more than epub

Attached: suspense.jpg (564x752, 39K)

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.soutade.fr/post/2015/03/game_over.html
pandoc.org/MANUAL.html#epub-metadata
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

oi mates, ive been looking for an eReader able to open epubs and with an sd card slot, also ideally waterproof. I found the kobo aura h2o but it seems like they removed the sd card slot in the new gen device and i cant find the gen 1 device in germany

reminder that kindles are overpriced trash with shitty low res screen

Attached: 51383914_p0.jpg (750x1000, 158K)

A general is a thread for a recurring topic where it makes no sense to have separate small threads again and again.

E-readers are a rarely discussed topic it makes no sense to have a "general" about it.

i know mate, if youre not completely new here you should be aware of the eReader threads every two weeks or so

what do you use?

the kobos you can buy for $50 on aliexpress, are they worth it?

do chink e readers exist

a kindle, think im gonna get a kobo aura at some point

Attached: 1565259085089.jpg (2840x4036, 1.05M)

cope, poor.

i think saying something i own is shit is the exact opposite of cope

Attached: 1529258026591.jpg (445x546, 37K)

Reminder that chinksliterally make the best readers now

Pedophiles should be banned.

>pay for what you think is overpriced.
poor habit

Wow you really showed him. I don't think he's coming back anytime soon haha.

Best reader for manga?

Glad to serve my home board.

I have a kobo aura h2o edition, you have to make an account with kobo to register the thing at first but then you can just launch in and disable wifi. Pretty comfy reading otherwise, allows for a lot of customization and is exactly the right size to fit in your hand.

Kindles do kinda suck in that they lock you down to Amazon's ebook format without the ability to use standard formats like epub or mobi although I don't know if that has changed.

Much better to get a Kobo than waste time converting

i got it used

Is there a quick easy way to strip fixed formatting from ePUBS? I fucking hate when I can't change the font and stuff. Calibre has 43948230402 conversion options it's overwhelming, I just want to remove any hard-coded formatting.

which gen? 2nd generation frankly doesnt have an sd slot, otherwise it would be perfect...

wait yea you cant use epub but mobi is amazons own proprietary format, or am I mixing things up?

which mate?

>new kobo inbound
larger battery please

ePubs are just html page, edit them with Calibre.

I own a cybook ocean (very robust) bought for like 50€ in 2012 before virgin megastore shut down in Bordeaux. Does the job, has tactile, micro sd, built in browser, wifi and custom os found here blog.soutade.fr/post/2015/03/game_over.html cybook=thinkpads of e-readers imho

Attached: 1567543443397-1544382080.jpg (2976x2976, 2.85M)

fuck people only uploadimg their free "ebooks" in fucking pdf. Who in hell wants to read a book on a shitty lcd? I don't want eye cancer

Same frenchanon here the model was odyssey not ocean But the nolimbook XLPlus ( a rebranded cybook ocean from Carrefour) has backlight and a 8' screen, it was nice and cheap I bought one for my boomer father last year he loved it, but he sat on it and broke it. :(

Calibre is definitely great but sometimes overkill, i like to use Sigil (foss) which is lighter and KISS

just convert it with Pandoc duude pandoc.org/MANUAL.html#epub-metadata

I own a kobo clara hd and it's pretty baste. Kinda wish it had physical buttons for turning pages though. And some ebooks I just can't seem to get the right size/spacing so it just look like shit and I don't bother reading them. Might just be bad ebooks but I feel like the size settings are lacking.

Kindle paperwhite 2 is pretty based. Just download any epub and convert it to azw3 and put it on there.

I have a Onyx Boox Nova Pro in the mail rn. Used to have a older boox that became a victim of the big steppy. Android e-ink readers are the future desu.

doesn't work that well at all times. formatting goes to shit almost every time :(

You have been visited by Laura Dyatlov.

This thread is currently reading 32 replies (not great, not terrible).

Attached: Laura.jpg (1275x637, 107K)

#comfydle

Attached: IMG_201909031.jpg (2975x3999, 1.92M)