Why the fuck can the wine Devs never do anything properly

Why the fuck can the wine Devs never do anything properly.

>Go to install wine to play Japanese hentai game
>Have to install wine because it's windows only
>sudo apt install winehq-staging
>Sorry our packages don't fucking work
>Have to install libfaudio0-i386 from a ppa
>libfaudio0-i386 depends on a package that can't be found.

For fuck sake wine. Just have a ppa with all your shit in it.

Attached: 120px-WINE-logo.png (120x188, 19K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.winehq.org/Ubuntu
stallman.org/microsoft.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_file_systems#Features
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You're supposed to use PlayOnLinux, Lutris and Steam Play

C O P E
O
P
E

Wouldn't even mind if the game I wanted to run wasn't just a fucking exe file.

Wine is not for games, it has horrible out of the box performance and .dll support. Consider dual booting.

I was thinking of just making a VM since it's legit only one VN I want to run.

You need to have 70 iq to post on this board

you're complaining about ubuntu(debian) and not wine

If you don't mind all the performance loss and latency, okay.

Don't see why they couldn't out faudio in their ppa anyway?

>galium9
>dxvk
works fine faggot

Those don't come out of the box and need configuration or support in a lot of games.

OP Here, it's fine guys. I had to use a different repo for faudio. Anyone know why they couldn't just have it in the ppa?

I dont see wine how wine had anything to do with ubunutu. Your question is more appropriate for /sqt/.

>don't come out of the box
installing a pkg too hard for you?
>and need configuration or support in a lot of games.
lul wut

>too hard
Yes, it should all come with wine and be automated.
>lol wut
Some games are bugged on galium9, dark souls 2 has blank textures and dark souls PTD on dxvk is still 30fps locked (dsfix doesnt work).

wine is just a back end, retard. Using it outside of PoL/Lutris is meant for power users and devs.

PoL and Lutris always download some outdated version of wine for no reason.

PoL gives you the option of what version to download and use per game. It's never more than a week behind WINE unless you're using outdated PoL (on Debian/Ubuntu/Mint/etc.) instead of downloading it from the official website.
Lutris uses whatever the installer script per game tells it to use. You can edit a text file yourself.

>week behind
Not good enough, my OS checks for wine updates every day. It should use wine from my path file.
>yourself.
Forget about it.

wiki.winehq.org/Ubuntu

?

dsfix is a dirty hack that uses DLL injection. Something that is rather hit and miss in wine currently. The remaster uses DX11, or you could ask for help on reddit or something.

This is just ubuntu being retarded. Ubuntu is one of the worst distros, especially for gaming and wine since ubuntu repos have very outdated gpu drivers and wine

The remaster and the original are two different games. DSFix is the only way to get custom resolutions and framerate and I would very much like it be supported.

Do you know what DLL dsfix is trying to overwrite, if so you can set wine to use native DLLs in winecfg. I have luck doing that for stuff like reshade and ENB.

Yes it's a custom dinput.dll and d3d9.dll. I'm just exhausted with thinking about wine and operating system specific details instead of clicking and playing.

Hmm, my only advice is to set those DLLs to native or native,builtin and hope the game still runs.

Thanks Ill try

What game?

Run Windows in a VM you fool. It's free via the usual sources.

Fuck wine
Virtualize

Nice larp

Been playing ark in a VM the past few days with my Bru/v/s, works flawlessly with zero latency.

Yeah had this too, just installed both debs and moved on with my eroge playing.

I'll believe you in 20 years.

Then download Proton you mong. They made it easy for whiney little bitches too.

What is your speech disorder?

Oh please, you just instruct Wine to use that dll and it works fine. I had no idea what I was doing and had it going in 15 minutes. All you're proving is that you're lazy/retarded.

Then tell it to use the system version, jackass.

VFIO or has Vmware/Oracle gotten the virtual gpu's up to speed.

>Why the fuck can the wine Devs never do anything properly.

>starts complaining about his distribution's packaging which has nothing to do with wine development or upstream.

Why the fuck are retards like you allowed to post here?

Because FOSS niggas suck ass.
Don't know a singel foss shit that just fucking works.

Shit performance, unstable for a lot of games.
>instruct wine
I'm not doing that, it ought to be an automatic process. It is in Windows, where any .dlls in the .exe folder override system .dlls. I'm not handholding the shitty app.
>tell it
No retard it must be automated, else what's the point.

>I've never tried Proton, so it's automatically garbage
>it should just read my mind when I want to apply library hacks
>I can't be bothered to do something that takes no more than 30 seconds by an idiot

Jesus kiddo. Maybe check your fucking attitude or stop being such a massive retard next time you make a shitty thread on Jow Forums

I have zero desire to help you now and will just call you a copetard faggot.

I tried proton and there were visual artefacts in my games.
>read my mind
Windows manages just fine. It's a misdesign in wine, I guess.
>30 seconds
Yes...... yes. YES! THat's the point of automation.

Who cares fuck off.

And so, OP's crusade to prove his retardation continued on with great success.
None could stand in his way.
The end...

>shit package manager
>blames the program
Linux baby

>most used package manager on the planet is shit
TIGA MAFIYA

>I can't be bothered to flip the light switch when I enter a room
>it should do that for me

>I can't be bothered to turn the key when I want to start the car
>I'm still too young to drive

Arch doesn't have this problem

>should
It does. You don't live in a smart home?
>turn the key
2016 mercedes all classes have electronic keys

gaming on linux is a meme

I love when OP tops my insults by bragging about stuff that everyone will laugh at him for.

you're a fucking meme

It's Qemu that got virtual gpus up to speed, best laugh though only linux guests supported at time of writing.

Works well for me,its not 100% (about 75-85 as good overall) but compare it to 2 years ago and its completely different with proton and lutris.

How
What's the secret

If you want virtual gpu accel, via "virgl" project. Works perfectly on linux and drivers are in kernel - not a single other guest has support though. Dunno why. On the other hand if you want real GPU, pass-through via IOMMU isn't subject to latency if you don't use workarounds like looking glass or spice accel.

>OP is given solutions
>Doesn't like any of them because feelings
(you)

Sounds like shit packaging rather then a Wine problem. Stop using shut distros.

Wine does suck ass though for other reasons.

If you're using WINE or any other bullshit, just fucking use Windows. You Linux faggots are literally admitting that you NEED Windows because Linux can't run shit compared to Windows.

Complain to the package maintainer not upstream you big retarded degenerate

No, if you actually run Windows you're a fool. It's garbage.

There's lots of software that runs better in wine than on Windows. Specifically older stuff.

>says Windows is garbage
>can't give any factual reasons why
Stay mad Linux faggot

>can't name enough specific examples and provide data to prove it runs better in wine
Stay mad Linux faggot. Again, you're still using Windows specific shit in Linux because Linux is so bad you NEED Windows still.

I really miss the forced weekly updates and (((telemetry))) :(

No good shells, no good filesystems, universal backdoors, not compatible with POSIX, no good package manager, full of security vulnerabilities, unstable, poor hardware support, telemetry, no good options for file sharing. Oh, and it is ugly and can't be changed.

Are you retarded? Wine has its own repositories for Debian and Ubuntu. Just add it and install with
sudo apt install winehq-staging --instal-recommends

>no good
Those are opinion based, not factual. Try again.

>universal backdoors, full of security vulnerabilities, unstable, poor hardware support
Provide proof.

>ugly and can't be changed
Ugly is opinion based and there are plenty of programs to change how Windows looks.

you know the wine devs aren't responsible for your distro's packages, right?

>NTFS and ExFAT are good file systems
Thats' factually wrong.

>Those are opinion based, not factual. Try again.
No they aren't.
>Provide proof.
stallman.org/microsoft.html
>Ugly is opinion based and there are plenty of programs to change how Windows looks.
It isn't an opinion, mutt. Study aesthetics.

So why does exfat outperform f2fs for usb flash drives?? Provide proof.

>No they aren't.
You can do literally everything in the shell windows provides. Or you can emulate linux no problem.
>stallman.org
That's not proof, I want to see actual currently used back doors.
>an option
It literally is, just like installing themes for your crappy 90s DE.
>Study aesthetics
Ironic coming from a linux user.

Provide factual proof

>no they aren't
Look up the definitoin for OPINION and FACT. This is shit you should have learned as a child.

>links to stallman
Biased, not peer reviewed, no actual data to back any of it up.

>isn't an opinion
Again, read the definition of OPINION and FACT. You can also go back to primary school.

>You can do literally everything in the shell windows provides. Or you can emulate linux no problem.
If you're using WSL or any other bullshit, just fucking use GNU. You Wangblows faggots are literally admitting that you NEED GNU because Windows can't run shit compared to GNU.
>That's not proof, I want to see actual currently used back doors.
See the provided link.
>It literally is, just like installing themes for your crappy 90s DE.
I never said option.
>Ironic coming from a linux user.
Windows is the ugly OS, not GNU.
t. sceptic tank

>Again, you're still using Windows specific shit in Linux because Linux is so bad you NEED Windows still.
Hmmm unfortunately for you the argument also applies to Windows.
>What is WSL
>What is WSL2
>What is cygwin
Need I continue?

>windows has WSL, linux btfo!
>linux has wine... linux btfo?

>just fucking use GNU
I can get all gnu software on windows but I cannot get all windows software on gnu. Are you retarded?
>link.
Contains no objective proof of anything. Show me something specific.
>the ugly OS
It has a system-wide flat dark theme by default. The API they give you for graphics design looks better by default than qt.
Meanwhile, by default xfce, lxde, lxqt and other DEs have screen tearing and weird gradiant/skeumorphic and oveall overdated design.

I don't use any of that shit while most Linux faggots on Jow Forums use Wine, run Windows in a VM, and or use other Windows specific shit in Linux.

>sceptic tank
Linux fag has admitted defeat I see

>I don't use any of that shit while most Linux faggots on Jow Forums use Wine, run Windows in a VM, and or use other Windows specific shit in Linux.
The mental gymnastics here is amazing.

>I can get all gnu software on windows but I cannot get all windows software on gnu. Are you retarded?
Good luck getting it to work. I'll see you after your next blue screen, wintoddler. Maybe Microjeet will give you a Windows Store gift card if you complain to them.
>Contains no objective proof of anything. Show me something specific.
How is it not objective, toddler?
>It has a system-wide flat dark theme by default.
That looks shit.
>The API they give you for graphics design looks better by default than qt.
>by default
What the fuck does this even mean? Learn what an API is, turd burglar.
>Meanwhile, by default xfce, lxde, lxqt and other DEs have screen tearing and weird gradiant/skeumorphic and oveall overdated design.
>by default
No one cares.

We use windows stuff in the sameway windows users use WSL,i wouldn't say wsl users use linux.

>Good luck
It works quite literally out of the box. And if I need a graphical interface, I just set up the xorg server. Do you know what an xorg server is?
>not objective
I want full analysis reports of windows binaries, and specific files which are deemed backdoores. So that I may go and disable those back doors.
>looks
Opinion.
>even mean?
Fuck outta here non-programmer.
>cares.
Hhahaha forfeit
I use CLI with no performance loss while you try to emulate compute workloads.

Linux faggots want to play games, they need Windows specific shit. Want to run industry standard programs, they need Windows specific shit. Meanwhile Windows can run damn near everything and everything that actually matters.

>>sceptic tank
>Linux fag has admitted defeat I see
CITATION PLEASE

meanwhile in the exact same post...
>I don't use any of that shit while most Linux faggots on Jow Forums use Wine, run Windows in a VM, and or use other Windows specific shit in Linux.
If you care about your logical fallacies, you won't argue through anecdotes and broad shit stained strokes.

>just install a whole new wineprefix for every single game
The mother of bloats

Who cares it's like 5mb per game max. As long as it works with one click its worth it.

what's wrong with running a couple games with wine?
are you also the kind of people who shit on people emulating old consoles rather than busting out the Real Thing(tm) to hook up to their TV when they get a craving for it?

>Linux faggots want to play games
All the games I play run native on Linux.

How do you fuck up installing wine

You can emulate old consoles at insane resolutions. You cannot run the latest windows games at CLOSE the FPS.

>It works quite literally out of the box
Of course GNU software works, unlike Windows it is well written. But it won't interface properly with Wangblows. But you don't do anything besides web browsing and play with toys, so you wouldn't know.
> I just set up the xorg server. Do you know what an xorg server is?
Sounds like retarded Microsoft pajeetware to me.
>I want full analysis reports of windows binaries, and specific files which are deemed backdoores. So that I may go and disable those back doors.
Oh, so you don't know what objective means? Maybe Microsoft will help pay for your ESL classes.
>Opinion.
Nope. Take philosophy 101, brainlet.
>Fuck outta here non-programmer.
Says the wintoddler. What a goof. There is a reason no programmers use Wangblows, pajeet.
>Hhahaha forfeit
Oh, right, because you don't even know how to open a tarball you think any customisation is in the hand of the gods. What a moron you are.

Games are for children.

>
>maybe help out adding or converting the package to wine instead of whining about not being able to play your pathetic hentai games
>linux is a community fed project

>well written
I agree, I like some of it.
>interface
WSL does a perfect job
>don't do anything
I program for a living.
>pajeetware
You check mated yourself.
>objective
Stop stalling. You forfeit?
>philosophy
It's not a fact, so it's an opinion.
>no programmers use Wangblows
Yeah other than half of fortune 500 and my workplace.
>tarball
Windows opens all major compressions natively. Plus, the hours you spend fiddling around trying to even remotely imitate Windows and Mac comes to me OOTB.
(OOTB means Out Of The Box for you linux users. It's a 30 year old design philosophy, that a piece of software is to be shipped in a finished state that works without the need for modifications.)
Objectively wrong, most games are rated for teens, adults or 18+.

i don't generally play the latest games
the newest i've played is A Hat in Time (2017), which runs great
i'm currently playing through Borderlands 2 for the first time, also runs great
games aren't the primary use for my machine, small differences don't matter
games running slower in wine isn't practically gauranteed like it used to be, either, advancements like dxvk and gallium nine have greatly closed the gap

>Provide factual proof
Fuck you retard. You have to be delusional to believe otherwise.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_file_systems#Features

It can barely run gothic 1 and 2.