You can now use Linux inside Windows... Why has Microsoft now is interested in free/open source? What is it's plan?

You can now use Linux inside Windows... Why has Microsoft now is interested in free/open source? What is it's plan?

Attached: macos.png (300x300, 19K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Embrace,_extend,_and_extinguish
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_rattle
justice.gov/sites/default/files/atr/legacy/2006/06/01/V-A.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Embrace,_extend,_and_extinguish

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_rattle

Ultimately a Windows/Linux distro that can run most Windows and GNU/Linux programs at bare metal performance in 2021

/thread
i cant believe there are kernel developers who are encouraging and embracing microsofts shit because "they won't do it it us, why would they!"

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Embrace,_extend,_and_extinguish
interesting article

Interesting, so they want our trust and then they want to destroy us, huh?
Microsoft are a bunch of faggots as always.

Microsoft are partners with Novell who own SUSE.
Microsoft own many of the patents on unix code and interfaces between unix and windows. Therefore they own quite a few patents to do with linux. Novell partnered microsoft because otherwise microsoft would sue them. Effectively SUSE enterprise is the microsoft version of linux. It is nothing new that microsoft are messing with unix and linux.

Server markets.
Large corps with billions use linux

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Embrace,_extend,_and_extinguish
Not a real thing, made up by seething FOSS trannies who get upset that Microsoft constantly blows them out of the water

25 rupees have been deposited into your account.

THANK YOU BASED MICROSOFT

This is really what it boils down to
People assuming MS is trying to kill Linux need to understand that gates and ballmar are gone and MS has been very good at adapting to the market since they left

25 rupees have been deposited into your account.

dilate

wsl is pretty based. not gonna lie.
i have no need to switch from windows now.

Switch windows base to linux base and emulate legacy windows software through a wine-like software.

Basically this.
If you're this easy to destroy, maybe your "hurr durr linux runs everything in the universe" is bullshit?

Ahem, drivers.
Why are freetards always this stupid?

Dude they actually believe their own bullshit propaganda about Linux hardware support

Attached: 59941375_10104002944309587_1659207709678895104_n.jpg (720x691, 43K)

Because in the world of cloud business solutions, linux and azure are used together so much they may as well bridge the gap.

>You can now use Linux inside Windows
What even are the benefits of Linux? The CLI toolset? Free software?
That's not the point. For me, the point is that Linux allows me to escape how shitty Windows really is. I don't even play games longer than a few hours a week, so a PS4 is more than enough for my casual play. So I have zero reason to deal with Windows now.

Good. Always be a racist when you have no talking points.

They can't help it dude
The useless like to blame others for their uselessness

This. Azure monkeys need to know linux inside and out. Microsoft isnt pulling EEE, they are using it as another tool in the toolbox.

We will but this isn't utopian civilization

Enhances the bottom line too.
They sell their server time regardless.
MS has to spend money to develop Windows.
Linux can be outsourced to freetards.

dumping all the conspiracy stuff. Microsoft makes most of it's money lately on Azure. most of azure is Linux servers.

they are simply supporting there new market and business model

Too probably meant GNU/Linux.

cope

Attached: im-gnot-a-gnxfce-im-gnot-a-gnkde-im-a-40439800.png (500x1121, 130K)

It's not a very good idea, as you miss completely most of the advantages of linux.

>Enhances the bottom line too.
True. But they still drop large sums of cash on kernel development... still far behind IBM/RedHat

Microsoft contributes nothing to the Linux kernel, so there's little worry about any shenanigans.The fact of the matter is something like 60% of all Azure instances are Linux, so supporting Linux puts money in their pockets.Nothing wrong with that. Linux is a tool put out there to be used, and Microsoft has finally realized how valuable it is.It's a nice little victory for Linux.

Windows 10 is fucking garbage.

As someone whose laptop BSOD'd three times within an hour, yes, Wangblows 10 is a sham

Like what the fuck! I hear horror stories and wonder how people do this shit.

Attached: 1334329164853.jpg (600x623, 66K)

>You can now use Linux inside Windows
And you can use more and more Windows shit in Linux. Wine isn't new, but options are getting better and better.

Really I thank Steam for pushing this hard. To the degree that it is possible for some "Windows only" games to run better on Linux than on Windows.

Maybe fix your broken laptop?

>BSOD'd three times within an hour
LOL
>Buys MSI garbage because it is cheaper
>BSOD
FUCKING MICROSOFT!!!!!

I literally have never BSOD even once since building this system like 5-6 years ago. Although I stayed on W7 til last week, and now I'm on Linux Mint. W7 is gonna hit end of life and I don't want W10 garbage.

Quality components are 95% of your stability. For real. Quit buying cheap shit fucking poorfag.

On that subject, I'm pretty due for a new computer.

what computer do you currently have?

god you cant even enlick correctly you spik

AMD FX 8 core
ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX
forgot the power supply, but always buy larger than you think you need. Then you will never tax it/stress it and it will hold your voltage more reliably when it isn't maxed out. So more stable and lasts longer.
16GB - whatever it was that was the fastest I could get at the time. Don't remember the manufacturer.
The video card I've had to replace, so I got a nVidia GTX 1080 Ti to hold me over since I want to build new anyhow. But point is I NEVER had a system wide crash. Not once.

I'm probably thinking for the next system
AMD 3950X (not yet released) with water cooling.
64 GB of RAM because I like growing room
Considering AMD GPU this time around, or should I stick with nVidia? Keeping in mind I've moved to Linux now.

justice.gov/sites/default/files/atr/legacy/2006/06/01/V-A.pdf
Page 226
Lying pajeet

itt summerfags who dont remember when Microsoft sold over 80% of all the Unix systems in the world.