/spg/ - Smartphone General

Android 10 Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget, and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com
phonedb.net

>Frequency Checker
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker
frequencycheck.com
willmyphonework.net

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/5QCem1YH

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: KvaXJPGU6jQSyVgkjQ8CLX-768-80.jpg (768x432, 83K)

Other urls found in this thread:

developers.google.com/android/images
9to5google.com/2019/08/22/android-10-dessert-name/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What's the best popup front facing camera phone?
(I want the popup kind because I'll never use it)

Attached: r6su64u7.png (577x577, 201K)

People are going to shill OnePlus 7 Pro so I'll just be contrarian and say the Oppo Reno series. Or Zenfone 6

People are going to shill the Oppo Reno series or Zenfone 6 so I'll just be contrarian and say OnePlus 7 Pro

How long do you guys usually keep your phones?

until it breaks or becomes unusable due to outdated software
I had my previous Huawei phone for almost 5 years and then the usb port died during charging with no way to repair it without switching out the whole motherboard

What Jow Forums thinks about Motorola One (P30 Play)?

Got the Umidigi A5 Pro for my wife during the Ali sale, did I chink her? She uses her phone for faceberg etc and youtube.

Xiaomi Note 7 still worth getting for sub $200 or buy something else instead?

Note 8

>buys phone without jack
>uses Bluetooth speakers instead of using a dongle with a DAC for fantastic audio performance

ASUS Max Pro M1, Mi A3 (if screen doesn't bother you), Galaxy A30, Nokia 6.1, Moto G7 Play. Those are your options under 200.

>MI A3
I'm so confused, why is there this many different models. What makes MI A3 a better choice than RN7?

Don't get the Mi A3, it's junk

For some, Android One. Possibly the AMOLED screen, or that it gets a slightly better battery life and performance because of the 720p screen

>checking for update over and over on 3a XL

where's the update, google

I have a Blackberry KeyOne and I love my keyboard

probably better off refreshing the official factory image repository
>developers.google.com/android/images

Are you the same Metro PCS guy I made a long post with links for? How's the phone so far?

720p AMOLED display is a worthwhile tradeoff to not deal with chinkshit spyware OS like MIUI. You could also wait for the Mi A3 Pro rumored to be released at the end of the year.

Ordered a Redmi Note,shipped on the 24th (today is business day 7). Any chance it will arive this week?

Also, anything I should know in advance?

Forgot to add it was the Redmi Note 7

I want to unlock the bootloader on my p20 pro but I think I'm fucked. Does anyone know a method that works?

friendly reminder: the Lenovo K5 Pro is still the best phone you can get for $120
it comes with:
>no notch
>Snapdragon 636
>6 GB memory
>128 GB internal storage
>6" 2160x1080 display
>micro sd card slot
>dual sim (4G simultaneously in both slots)
>usb-c
>no notch
>quick charging
>LTE B20 - a perfect fit for europoors
>dedicated 3.5 mm audio jack
>4050 mAh battery
>project treble, so you can run AOSP or pretty much anything you want on it
>also, no notch
yep, it can be yours for just $120, so why not go and order one right now?

Attached: K5 Pro.jpg (2160x1080, 77K)

You aren't required to use it,it's not like you can't unlock the Bootloader.

>no updates
nty

Anyone here planning to get a Pixel 4?

Until it falls apart.

>project treble, so you can run AOSP or pretty much anything you want on it
This is all well and good, but no LG device past the V20 has really had usable custom ROMs.

it's lenovo, not lg

Nah not me bro, Well she likes it and it covers her needs. Screen is abit dim and the camera app is kinda fucked, hope they update it.

Pixel experience - based or botnet? And when lineageos is going to be released for redmi note 7?

Do you guys use cases and screen protectors?

Attached: IMG_20190131_164851.jpg (4608x3456, 1.44M)

No. But I do use a dbrand skin because these glass sandwiches are slippery as shit. Resize your pics next time

I like the Samsung Secure Folder but I can't set up multiple profiles.
At least I think I can't.
Does anyone know an alternative?
I work at multiple places and It'd be really handy to keep all this stuff secure.

Is it true that the Zenphone 6's battery is God tier? I've been looking at reviews and they say it's one of the best on the market. Also for those who have it, how build quality?

Has anyone here tried the Android Q on the OnePlus 7 pro? Is it good? Should I update it from my stable Android 9?

Why is it called Q they ran out of sweets and candies?

It's here.

Attached: Screenshot_20190904-014344.png (1440x2880, 243K)

They said it before, because the dessert names weren't internationally well-known or were difficult to pronounce in other languages.

Pronouncing Oreo in other language is difficult?

Chink K20 Pro gets Android 10 today too

Attached: IMG_20190903_134711.jpg (590x1280, 58K)

Everyone's getting it today?

lg v30 or mi 9t (non pro)?

Xiaomi is fast!

Will Android 10 become available on the Note 7?

9to5google.com/2019/08/22/android-10-dessert-name/

Which is bullshitese for "we couldn't think of a dessert name that started with Q"

Oh. Well, I'm not so sure about them either.

That's not him
>resize your pics
are you on dialup?

Does anyone know a multiple charger that doesn't have coil whine?
The coil whine after my phone is charged up to 100% from the built in Samsung charger can wake me up.

See .

>he doesn’t use a jailbroken iPhone
You’re never gonna make it user.

is android one meme actually worth it

Is it possible to get 9+ hours from an exyshit note 9, anything below that is a joke for 4000mah

its not

Why there is not a single FOSS decent email client for android? They are always fucking dated (k9 still uses holo) or has a shady privacy policy like Spark.

Attached: 1558850095642.jpg (1366x1366, 209K)

Thoughts on the Essential Phone today? They go for about $150 on eBay. Always loved the design, and while it's an old phone, it's still getting updated to Android 10.

I think you have to pay a 3rd party vendor like ministry of solutions and other similar vendors (cost varies). they usually have a phone model list and firmware version of what they can unlock.

>beloved LG G4 finally gives out almost a year after taking water damage
>try to get a replacement phone through my carrier's insurance, only model they can offer me is a V35 ThinQ for a little over $100
>can't try it out since they don't carry it in stock
Am I getting a good deal? How much of a drawback is the non-removable battery? How rootable is it? Anything I should be concerned about besides AI/Google crap? [spoiler]What's a good protective case for it?[/spoiler]

>beloved lg g4
Isn't that an oxymoron?

Same. I'm on my Moto G 2013

It's getting really frustrating to use.

iPhone -- 3-4 years
Android -- 6-8 months

if you give zero fucks about the selfie cam just get a mi9t since the selfie cam on that one sucks anyway
its also a generally good phone

until there is a *critical* failure, e.g. my redmi note 3 pro stopped charging and it was't work replacing the port; my nexus 4 battery died, etc.

It was my first smartphone. Sure it had its issues (such as randomly rebooting on occasion), but I still liked it. Gave me a good few years of service.

I asked on XDA but didn't get a response, done updating to Q my messages and some other apps have "blank" media slots where there used to be thumbnails taking up space, while it's not causing any issues it's not aesthetically pleasing and I used to use an app called media scanner to remove them, as Q has a different file system does anyone know of another way to get rid of these?

Best 300-350 phone? Preferably one that’ll have LineageOS for a few years after updates end.

Moto X4 for half that price
resync contacts maybe?

until it dies. I soaked my galaxy s7 fishing and it stopped working. I guess they stop being waterproof after a few years.

Everything in that "what's new" is stuff that's been in miui for a long time, wtf?

y not
some guys online get 10-12 hours
I want to believe.

not good for T-Mobile, don't know if they ironed out those issues yet, but should work fine on AT&T and Verizon

What's with the endless number of S7 users in these generals

It's a popular phone.

The OP3 existed during that time, surely it was better than touchjizz era samshit.

I've read somewhere that the adhesives used for holding the back glass significantly lose their properties over just a few years so water can easily find its way in.
Welcome to the "stock experience", it's been that way for several years now.

Who else is a pixel bro with messing about with 10?

Attached: Screenshot_20190903-215850.png (1080x2220, 124K)

>First post on my mi9t now
Just 140 more hours before I can flash miui EU rom on it.
Coming from a OnePlus 3 running LineageOS 16

I'd rather have stock Android than chinee OS.

Figured it out. Somehow when I deleted pictures out of my non stick gallery it left corrupt data the Google photos app was picking up. Deleted them out of there and we gucci

I don't think it was. S7 had a better screen, native Gear VR support (neat feature at the time) and a better camera.
I've read somewhere that the adhesives used for holding the back glass significantly lose their properties over just a few years so water can easily find its way in.
Probably, but also not using a case for 3+ years on a glass device is more than likely is what did it.

noice

The main performance thing that my RN4X can't keep up with is the RAM. 3GB is just not enough and I fucked up back then. Should've gone 4GB and "future proofed"

What the fuck do you do on your phone that requires more than 3gb?

I still use 3gb and it's fine, something else is the issue here, unless you're a bidio gaymur who keeps dozens of tabs on Chrome.

Is gaming on a fucking phone still a thing?
I thought that shit died with angry birds and fruit ninja.

Do you not have multiple apps + browser tabs open or multitask at all times? I do and it's nice not to have the app restart/site reload when you switch back. Some of us actually use our phones for lots of different things including work, not just browsing Jow Forums and taking pictures of squirrels.

yeah I have 4-6 apps open at once, at best. Plus some Chrome tabs. Still works fine.

This Apps keep needing to reload and it's slightly annoying. Bothers the workflow a little but it's "tolerable" I guess.

Maybe it's the bullshit MIUI pulls with battery optimization? Have you tried unchecking the apps you use?

I use my phone to brose the web and have three or for apps opened for shit, plus the mail in background and I have no problems?
Do you have Facebook or some other crap installed? And are you using miui or lineage?

I run AOSIP. Pretty solid custom ROM.

>MIUI
lol their RAM management is garbage

Pretty much stock Android with no socmedia apps installed. 4GB+ or bust. I like things being snappy.

Attached: Screenshot_20190903-172838.png (720x1520, 364K)

Ok /gentooman, i basically have to replace a shitty lg g6. Cared like it was my weaker son, shitted the bed as if i abused it. I’d like to have a big battery, good performance in everyday tasks (no gaymen or shit, just a pretty decent experience) and bonus point a good camera.

My friend bought a RN7 and i kinda like it. i tried the phone and was overall quite good. Tried to make a phone call and it shitted the bed. Prox sensor went bananas. You know, pretty polished device, but it’s a fucking phone. I’d like it to be able to make actual phonecalls.
Ok, no RN7.
What about moto g7 power? No magnetometer. NO FUCKING MAPS DIRECTIONS.
I mean, what the actual fuck? Is there any decent “all rounded” device for no more than 200€ or should i just buy a fucking iphone and let the ghost of steve carve my anus?

Well, yes, that's what I said.

Gone from a Mi Mix 2S to a Pixel 3A lads

I'm on a g7 power right now. For $200 unlocked and stock Android with a big boy battery, I think it's great.

I know. That's what makes me rage. It could literally be the best in class. I can forgive the lack of NFC, but why just skip the magnetometer. I can't have real time orientation. It just doesen't makes sense.