Tech illiterate retard here. If I install Linux on my MacBook pro from 2012...

Tech illiterate retard here. If I install Linux on my MacBook pro from 2012, then swap it out with another hard dive with Mac OS on it, will it magically work or does my Mac just get fucked?

Attached: images.jpg (215x234, 9K)

You cant install loonix on a macbook

Why? Will Steve Jobs resurrect and come fuck me?

Macos doesnt give you access to the bios

I just googled and I saw many people installing Linux. Why would I need to access the bios? To change the boot order? But you can boot off a USB drive like when installing Mac OS from USB

it theoretically should, i've replaced multiple drives and booted live usbs

Run loonix in VM, problem solvrd.

Should work

>does my Mac just get fucked?
Yes.

Attached: 1564393900032.png (1378x1591, 711K)

If they made the sell why do they care?

My MacBook is from 2012 though, so I assume the t2 chip doesn't exist in my computer

>he thinks applel won't travel back in time to prevent him from installing freedom
kek

Should work,dont worry about the T2 chip cause thats only for newer macsbooks

Yes it fucking does. You hold down command while booting and you can get access to boot devices.
You don't get access to it in the traditional sense. I think it's pretty much just the boot menu.
>boot off usb drive
correct. Hold down command (most likely)
Swapping drives will effectively separate the two installs, the magical part would be if you manage to fuck it up.
Yes you can retard. I ran arch on a '13 macbook air
no
That defeats the point of installing
this.
this.
Just do it OP, you yellow bastard.
There is literally no way just swapping the drive will mess up anything unless you fuck up the drive.

2018 or later, retard.
Because apple
Disgusting practice of complete disrespect.
Correct. 2018 or later.
n i c e m e m e
i
c
e

m
e
m
e
you're correct horse

Attached: 1551038470787.jpg (267x323, 7K)

People said Microsoft wouldn't do this and now here's Apple doing it. I expect Microsoft to follow at some point.

It's nice that you try to revive an old Mac by installing Linux. The operating system is on the hard drive so by swapping it you will lose your install (until you plug it back in). Good luck.

So moral of the story to not give advice Jow Forums tells me

Now yer learning

You are whole different level of retards, its too obvious that you two(samefag) free shills never hold a macbook because its too expensive for your poor ass