So what's the best note taking program with support for useful features like subscript, formulas etc

So what's the best note taking program with support for useful features like subscript, formulas etc.

Attached: 5836d-emacs-vs-vim2.jpg (569x400, 86K)

probably R markdown on vim
mix that shit with calcurse and maybe one plugin you got yourself a sick setup

idk but orgmode can be helpful if you want to learn another language. If you're trying to take notes that have mathematical expressions (e.g. as preparation for an exam) then pen and paper aren't going to be a headache.

Attached: 1566857482209.jpg (960x1280, 136K)

>calcurse
why not taskwarrior?

microsoft onenote

a usb drawing tablet with onenote or xournalpp, the benefits of pen and paper and the convenience of digital notes

task warrior is great for managing software to do lists. I'm just not a dev and my todo lists reflect that
Also I really like the comfy interface of calcurse

Calcurse and Tarkwarrior are crap compared to Org mode.
Now that I've read it's manual (the full version) and I've been using it for some time, no other task-management/note-taking/todo-system tool comes close, and it's all in plain text files.

for what? presentation? just use Latex with any text editor of your preference.

just for taking notes in stem classes

Zim is pretty good, has lots of extensions of the sort. Also free software, available in Arch repos.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-09-03_22-56-37.png (396x823, 38K)

org-mode Is the best for this, I'm an evil user just for that.

You can manipulate outlines easily, insert code blocks, the tables are just awesome and it supports Latex equations.

Also, you can just add tags and insert TODOs anywhere while taking notes, and have them all on your agenda on your phone with orgzly.

Attached: Ougiprofile.png (1007x567, 546K)

pen and paper, user

You can use LaTeX formulas right inside of org-mode, with previews and everything. You probably better of using pen and paper or some hand writing note-taking program like xournal or xournal++.

Zim shill here, with an update. I never actually used the latex functionality, so I can't speak for that part. The basic note-taking, listing and linking functions are pretty good.

Orgzly. For on the fly notes then you sync it to an emacs operating system.

Evernote :^)

what type of autist uses vim to take notes? I like apple notes.

Vim just 'cause

How do you set up preview? Compile org to pdf?

I'm new to emacs and I'm trying to install my first package. I added melpa to the list of repositories but when I try to install a package I get this really annoying error, what do?

Attached: 1566941756831.png (720x405, 19K)