That's it

Intcel is finished

Attached: It'sOver.png (755x480, 74K)

The headline makes it sound like the update will fix the boost clocks, but the text makes it sound like the update will fix unrelated BIOS issues and has nothing to do with the boost clocks.

NOOOOOO PLEASE BUY INTEL

Attached: 1506977173618.jpg (882x758, 324K)

>a BIOS update will fix 95% of users not hitting advertised boost clocks
AMDrones don't seriously believe this, do they?
Also if you care about clock speed why the fuck are you buying AMD?

Goddamn you fanboys are obnoxious. If you fags are so obsessed with faster chips, you should want good competition. But you treat this shit like a football game.
It's even more pathetic than /v/. At least Sony, Nintendo, and MS have IPs tied to them that can create an emotional connection to. This is literally just muh silicon better than your silicon.

I do not recognize the legitimacy of the "state" of "Israel".

words to live by

F I N E W I N E

Why would it be false? Specific boards can actually hit the advertised clocks. Some of those are actually older X370 and B350 boards. Why is it so hard to believe that a BIOS update could fix, or at the very least mitigate, the issue?

A BIOS update could fix it, but for 95% of users? I think not

Just gonna have to wait and see. It would be pretty bad PR for AMD to come out with this announcement and then not deliver after the boost fiasco. If they're claiming that the update will fix it, they better be sure about it, at the risk of looking like bumbling retards.
Can't wait for all the mongrels to come complaining when their CPU hits 1.45V for 0.1 nanoseconds to keep up the boost clocks after the update hits.

>reduce clocks across all cores
>increase the clock of a single core
and people are actually excited for this?
t.happy Ryzen user

Already hitting 1.5v for 4.35ghz clock. Sorry but this fixes jack shit.

BASED

I recognize it but I wish they had stopped commiting literal war crimes against Palestinians

I hope you don't use Intel+SSD, pozzed faggot.

>Specific boards can actually hit the advertised clocks
NOOO SHUT UP GOY

Anyone else's power bills gone up 200% since switching to AMD? Makes me wanna go back to Intel

nice asspull percentage

and what is the volt during an all core workload, mr. intel marketeer?

They waited to say anything because they were seeing if they can fix it before acknowledging it existed. Same thing every other company does for everything. Fuck companies.
I hit boost clocks just fine on my 3700X

An ASUS faggot said the low clocks aren't fixable with bios updates.
The issue is Zen 2 cores are heavily binned and desktop gets the worse bins by a mile.
Some Zen cores need 1.45V just to hit 4.3ghz.

r/AMD REPRESENT!

nice meme retard

Attached: aHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmJlc3RvZm1pY3JvLmNvbS9BL08vODQ2NjcyL29yaWdpbmFsL2ltYWdlMDAxLnBuZw.jpg (707x457, 74K)

intelaviv was finished even before zen2 was released, at this point anything AMD does is just curb-stomping them while they're down

>Goddamn you fanboys are obnoxious.
Sega Genesis > Super Nintendo

>fight me

posts like these make me think there's still hope for this worthless shithole

Your pic shows AMD using more power than Intel.
Are you retarded?

It shows both actually.
Shows both the ryzen 2xxx being the worst of the pack and Ryzen 3xxx being the best of the pack.

>Your pic shows AMD using more power than Intel.
>Are you retarded?
The lowest 3 are AMD.
Are you retarded?

>skips the new gen
>3900x has 50% more cores than 9900k
yep. youre retarded

>3800X PBO taking almost the same power as a 1600X
damn

>"In response to the growing number of complaints, YouTuber Der8aeur recently conducted a survey that garnered 2,700 respondents, of which only 5.6% were able to reach the advertised boost clocks for AMD's flagship Ryzen 9 3900X CPU."
Did you even read the article?

Highest IQ ITT

>intelaviv
>Intcel

Damn, these are good. Much better than AyyMD, which is boring af. Think of something witty, Intcels.

RIP IN PIECES INTEL

But can it reach sandy bridge level of 50% overclock with proper air cooling

aawww man this is it! Intel is truly fucking finished this time! It's only taken 2 months to get proper advertised boost clocks! Lol fucking trash

But is a 50% overclocked Sandy Bridge as powerful as a stock 3700x? No.

Overclockers need to fuck off, your hobby is stupid.

>142W / 12 cores = 11.83W/core
>113W / 8 cores = 14.13W/core

Attached: herpaderp.jpg (243x312, 68K)

It shows the highest 2 are AMD.
Are you retarded?

The 3900x also runs 4.15ghz all core.
The 9900k will clock 4.7ghz+ without any drops unlike AMDs 20 seconds boost clocks.

Attached: time taken across render.jpg (750x820, 140K)

Attached: total energy consumed across render.jpg (746x822, 99K)

This is correct.

fix arrives
it show more gigahertz
less in benchmark

lol I expect something like this. or it makes things worse and will need another fix

Based

What are some good pc fans? I can hit the 4.2 but my pc craps out under heavy use due to high temps. Should I just go full noctua?

What do you have right now? How are they set up? Your biggest gains might not be from switching your current fan config to noctua fans but by changing the config.

I'm not an anti semite and I think Israel is a illegitimate state.

>intcel
That's a good one desu.

Attached: 1555082897139.gif (229x176, 987K)

Will it fix 2600X boost clocks too?

except that the 9900k will also only boost 1-2core for a few seconds at the advertised speed to stay within the "95" watt TDP. get fucked

>113 W for the 9900k
doubt

I don't render anything.

For case fans I only have 1 rear exhaust 120mm be quiet fan and two front intake corsair 120mm fans. My case doesn't support any more fans than that. That said the max speed on the fans is ~1500rpm so I figured some more powerful fans might help, maybe the be quiet silent wings.

I do not recognize the legitimacy of the "United States" of "America".

When will the illegitimate occupation stop?
When will you give the territory back to the native Indian people?

FREE AMERICA

This. Not even a Jow Forumstard and I agree.

sir it's more like "I shop smarter than you"
Paying money for goods creates a strong emotional connection, especially if you keep buying one brand. It's a terrible bug of the human brain, I hope one day we'll fix it.

based

based

You don't need a cpu then, just stick to with a GPU and RAM instead.

This is what AMDrones actually believe.

its probably thermal throttling so it had to reduce its clock speed to 600mhz

Neat but I don't care
T. 2700x x470

based

Maybe with the 95W TDP limit in place, only to become on par with 2700X

This, Intel will pretty much dissolve in less than 5 years after the 10nm colossal disaster.

Now imagine intel 10 cores

Attached: 1565335339961.jpg (608x369, 106K)

Sounds cool, but I'm fine with my 2300X + A320M

on 14nm too, yikes

Maybe read it because they explain there's an actual bug that prevents clockspeed to go as high as it can. That's what the fix is for.

Please don't fix it go- boys.

So Intel is abandoning desktops.

Attached: Statista-PC-Market-Share.jpg (838x532, 54K)

Intel has the downs. Why is Intel pursuing a dying market? I thought laptops sales were worst than desktop ones?

thanks for debauer and some other researchers investigating and going public on their findings. AMDrones where very critical of this but guess even they have to realize it is good (who am i kidding, they are probably still mad to anyone who dares criticize anything).

Also cant believe they are considering this part of the fine wine thing. Is like Intel calling patching the meltdown bug as a win when its not.

Sure, I will it when I believe it.
So far it seems that one of reasons the latest bios fucked up the boost clocks is by limiting the boost voltages, because it turned out they'd end up killing the chips short-term.

Only possible fix is to boost the voltages again, which will result in a wave of chips being kill.
Either that or AMD is going to just make the new BIOS misreport frequencies so they seem higher. At this point I wouldn't be surprised if they go that way.

NO GOY IT'S DEFINITELY THE CPU'S FAULT

Attached: VsrC45y.png (1920x1080, 729K)

>Is like Intel calling patching the meltdown bug as a win when its not.
Well.. there was a security hole. Intel patched it up. Chips are more secure now. Intel security is better now. Like a.. fine wine.. I guess..?

They don't have anything in desktop, why wouldn't they go for the market where they still have the upper hand?

>intel had to patch some serious security issues
>amd had to fix a bug that caused the boost to be lower by 75 MHz
This is the same thing. Remember to buy intel. Good goy.

Do Intel even have a tablet? Are these Microsoft Surface?

>Release chips with somewhat ok BIOS
>Shit, the lifespan is actually suffering with these settings.
>Release new BIOS that gimps the clockspeed a bit, but gives people the longevity.
>Now even further away from the advertised clocks.
>People start getting angry and know they got fucked.
>Realize that this is a case for a class action lawsuit.
>Fuck fuck fuck, let's release a BIOS that cranks the shit out of the clocks so we're at least somewhat safe.
>New BIOS will end up eating away at the lifespan of the chips.

I'm afraid that they're just protecting their asses and might release BIOS that's actually detrimental for the longevity.
Also give us the fucking 3950x release date, I want to end this eternal wait.

Attached: 1461867102795.png (653x726, 42K)

B-B-But they're our greatest ally you filthy goy!

>>Realize that this is a case for a class action lawsuit.
So how are those two dozens of class action lawsuits for intel?

Of course people shouldn't be buying amd just because some blod said a bios update can boost clock speeds a bit, but if you already own R3 parts, why shouldn't you try?

> be AMDchongs
> fuck up the design of the CPU
> continually lie about maximum specs that nobody can reach
> get exposed as being compulsive liars by a fucking youtuber
> panic sets in
> force all motherboard manufacturers that support ryzen to roll out bios updates to fix AMD's retardation instead of just recalling the CPUs
> intcel is finished
> tomshardware
100% fucking embarrassing.

amd are pretty fucking incompetent. nothing has changed for decades. it's great to see.

Attached: 1552243862713.png (1228x1502, 1.07M)

>Has 50% more cores than intel best offering
>Only consumes 25% percent more power
>While boosting all cores simultaneously
Are you retarded or just a nigger?

>> be AMDchongs
>> fuck up the design of the CPU
>> continually lie about maximum specs that nobody can reach
>still be faster than intcel

Not these threads again...

No one cares. None of these companies are your friends. Amd would be Intel if the sales were reversed.

Don't know and don't give a shit about what's going on with Intel, they're irrelevant in this case.
Since I'm going to buy the 3950x, what I care about is whether AMD is trying to cover their asses by potentially hurting the product.
Apparently the longevity was an issue already and that's why the newer BIOS was toned down a bit after the release ones. I don't think they can push these chips any higher than what they are without causing some damage to them.
AMD just dealt with one class action lawsuit and I don't think they want to get another one. That's not good for their public image or stock price.

At least AMD gives you a fuck ton of BIOS versions to try out, for free.

Yeah, that's just one power consumption chart...

Attached: 1562530015828.png (632x590, 67K)

Attached: 1566842144938.png (1242x1394, 1.08M)

based

I love the AMDrone whataboutism. We all already know Intcel is shit, the problem here is AMD is also going to shit.

How the fuck can they fuck up with a product so good? Their whole marketing department should be dissolved and remade from scratch. Even Bulldozer wouldn't have been as disastrous as it was if not for the marketing enormous overhype, I bet it's still the same guys.

> still be faster than intcel
> not one single AMD core can reach anywhere near its advertised speed
AMDrone coping is the best kind of cope
>I love the AMDrone whataboutism. We all already know Intcel is shit, the problem here is AMD is also going to shit.
these people are morons and zoomers. AMD have always been shit. 30+ years at most of nothing but garbage.

>AMD is also going to shit
No matter how much evil shit AMD does, they will never come close to decades of lies and bribes. Unless you're willing to wait like 30 or 40 years if AMD will resort to such things.