Why aren’t you using real Unix?

Why are you babies using FAKE Unix, Linux, instead of real Unix like chad Mac OS.

>inb4 Winfags respond

Attached: image.jpg (1200x939, 119K)

because i don't care about unix
I just find gnu/linux better than macos

Why do you like Linux more?

I just don't like Apple's hardware. Otherwise I'd use it.

>real unix
>fucked freebsd
>"real unix"

Yep Mac OS is 100% fully Unix Certified.

>real Unix
It's not descended from AT&T System V, so it's not Unix. POSIX certifications aren't an argument. That being said, macOS is a nice Unix-like system, and I am running a hackintosh right now.

Linux is better in three ways: well integrated and centralized package management, wider driver support, and a larger software selection. macOS has a better GUI but lacks things like XFS, lots of GTK software, and has relatively shit window management. I think it makes up for a lot of it in the integrated applications like Mail, Safari, Finder, Disk Utility, and others, which is why I use it.

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-09-02 at 10.23.34 PM.png (698x465, 128K)

Why are your fonts so blurry?
My macOS doesn't look like that.

>Why are your fonts so blurry?
Low resolution monitor.

I use both JERK

>litterally no unix code in osx.
>muh real unix
Have sex

>not descended from System V
Why let the perfect be the enemy of the good? I like linux and macOS, they're both bretty good. Good enough for my use, anyways.

Something being a real unix isn't important. Unix is a harmful non-free closed-source operating system, same with macOS. Why would you use such an OS that insults and disrespects you?

cope

Because I use an OS designed for desktop usage, not a server OS crammed into a desktop.

Cause I'm a poorfag, user. I have wet dreams about being able to unbox a nice, slim, macbook with its chad minimal i/o, its tastefully tempered i9 that works hard but not so hard that it exhausts itself, and last but not least, the keyboard that is dignified enough to know to stop when it has been rudely clogged with hand-salsa. I wish that I could be an uccicookie for Ricchie, Thompson, and Jobs as their divinely-inspired os soaks up the refreshing manseed beneath me. Alas, I'm stuck with (((Linux))), an os that allows me to configure whatever I wish like a juvenile delinquent. :(

Nothing worse than a troll who is actually this terrible at trolling.

Why would I cope when I don't even use that OS?

But my Linux distro os UNIX certified.

Mac OS is POSIX certified.

dilate, tranny

>im a loser
We know user, we know.

Based

Attached: 1566775243716.png (640x509, 144K)

Why can't any linux distro be as smooth as mac os?

t. iJeet

t. iJeet

Attached: 1539734242706.jpg (643x960, 255K)

Macs cost a pretty penny no matter what, but here in Huezil things get simply absurd.

Attached: mac in brazil.png (1195x1404, 435K)

Vintage PowerBook G4 12" running 10.4.11 checking in.

I just got this bad boy running, I have the original install media. Next is setting up Classic and using MacPorts to install newer versions of software and update my path to put them first.

Since the kernel's technically open source it makes one wonder if anybody's tried to fix bugs and security issues and issue new kernel and / or system and / or library files? 10.5 crawls on PPC and even Linux seems slower than 10.4 because of the extreme amount of vectorization they did with the OS, using Altivec for basically everything they could in every corner of the OS.

Fuck Nu-OS X though.

Attached: 1567554132856.png (1023x767, 427K)

macOS is legally Unix just like a tranny who changed their name is legally a man, or a Somalian with a Canadian passport is a "Canadian".

It's literally Unix as far as the Unix people are concerned.

Linux doesn't even have POSIX streams yet.

if you were a real country apple would make macs in brazil for your domestic market and you wouldn't have to pay those import duties

Can't you just buy it through a shipper in Paraguay and have it be only slightly more expensive than the USA site?

I like the hardware selection
The customization
The low bloat
the overall freedom.
And it does what i need and want so i dont have much reason to switch.

Does it even matter? I think that's just bureaucratic cruft at this point: "your system has to be certified UNIX™ to enter a bid for this government contract" or something like that. The rest of the world has stopped giving a shit, for example TOP500 is all Linux now.

I suppose, but even so, it's not worth it. Look at the cheapest Mac, the mini: $799 or R$3329 -- for a very barebones, non-expandable machine. For the same kind of money, I can get a decent gaming rig, with room for upgrading, and without jumping through hoops.

>Does it even matter?
Really what matters is, can you compile and run Unix code on your OS? In that sense anything that conforms to POSIX should be portable across the full range of Unix OS's as well as anything with a POSIX layer as well.

In the classical sense, OS X doesn't use a descendant of the original K&R Unix kernel but instead Mach, on top of which a full POSIX-compliant Unix using the BSD userland from FreeBSD provides a Unix personality.

Practically you can compile and run Research Unix software and utilities on OS X unchanged as well as most GNU and BSD software so it's Unix enough for me.

They make everything in China don't they? So you're saying every country apart from China isn't a real country?

apple has made select models in the usa for government use since like 2007 when bush gave that order that all dod computers must be made in the usa

New MacOS is not bad - new hardware is the main problem for me. Lack of ports, flawed keyboard, flawed display cable, stupid touch bar, everything is soldered down, they're just taking the piss at this point.

Although they are introducing a change which WILL make MacOS much worse. They're ending support for 32 bit apps. And my question is WHY THE FUCK are they doing this? Just to piss people off? My MBP right now, on Mojave, is a 64 bit machine, running a 64 bit OS, and it still runs 32 bit applications just fine. Like Halo, which I like playing (there's a thing called HaloMD which allows you to play Halo online after GameSpy died - there's tons of active servers). But they're removing 32 bit support in the next version of MacOS. I cannot think of a single good reason why they would just remove this feature.

Apple now has become like Microsoft in the mid 2000s with Vista. They feel like their customers will lap up anything they shit out. I'm probably going Windows/Linux next time. And maybe I'll just Hackintosh if I really want MacOS.

Wow, didn't know that. I know they assembled the trash can Mac Pro in the US for some publicity but I thought that was it.

You're evading your 50 years of bans iJeet.
Did the mods banning you and purging all your posts from Jow Forums yesterday and today not get through to your tiny rat brain that you will never belong on Jow Forums?
>

Attached: 1567465239637.jpg (1949x2081, 604K)