School requires this app to be installed in order to use their WIFI, Any way of bypassing?

School requires this app to be installed in order to use their WIFI, Any way of bypassing?

Attached: Screenshot_20190903_153355_com.android.settings.jpg (1080x2280, 493K)

Other urls found in this thread:

developer.android.com/guide/topics/admin/device-admin
wifidocs.wrdsb.ca/privacy-faqs/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Why don't you just install it?
Do you have anything to hide, user?
Maybe you don't belong in that school if that's the case, you potential school shooter

>School requires this app to be installed in order to use their WIFI, Any way of bypassing?
underage b& plz

zoom

holy shit, what the fuck are those permissions it's asking for?
>erase all phone data
>change lockscreen password
>set storage encryption
>monitor screen-unlock attempts
>set password rules
fuck that shit, literal spyware. not worth installing just to use their shitty wifi.

Get a old phone to act as a wifi repeater

>Any way of bypassing?
maybe... going to need more details.
first of all, why is installing this app required to access the wifi? do you connect to the wifi and then get redirected to a login page that asks you to install this shit? if thats the case it can be easily bypassed.

Is it free software?

this works too: just install the app on that phone and setup wifi sharing.

>just use 4G user, what's the problem?
>oh right, you're american

I had the same thing only to save my GSuite account. I eventually decided to log in to my browser for quick access.

This is a fantastic idea. Just add a filter like adguard family dns and personaldnsfilter so people don't botnet your phone. You can buy a USB antenna so everyone can use your wifi repeater, they're like $10 on ebay.
I'm serious, you'd be doing your community a service. Make sure you take the battery out when you take it home.

It's already installed. This is when you enable admin on the app

That's a great time to tell your school about the dangers of proprietary software and request a simple key.

That's definitely not your school. Anyway, just tell them that you want to use your macbook and ask for the password.

>his uni is not part of eduroam
lmao at your poor life choice, must be a really trash uni.
just use cellular network

It's asking to be the device administrator aka full control over anything you do.

so in essence its asking for root permissions?

as root as you can get on a non-rooted phone.

i mean changing the filesystem is some low level shit that requires root, how the fuck would they implement this on a carrier device that doesn't allow bootloader unlock or root?

No, but it's the best you can get without running as root.

oh wait, encryption, not filesystem
woops

>Any way of bypassing?
Yes use mobile data instead you dope

developer.android.com/guide/topics/admin/device-admin

Basically asking to nuke on demand the phone if you use the wifi for looking at nasty sites, like Jow Forums.
Not worth it, just ask mommy for a 4G data plan and hope you don't get the Freedom plan with 500MB data cap

at my job they made me install an auth app that won't work unless you have google play services installed it's fucking bullshit and i need to use it regularly so i always have that shitty background google service eating 4-5% of CPU godamn

How this can be even legal

dig up the old android smartphone from the underwear drawer, delete fucking everything and do a full factory reset then use it as the designated school spyware phone

this

It's probably not his school but his job, and this is also probably the phone they gave him to work with.

I really wouldn't recommend installing this under any circumstances, see pic below for this being a (quite literal) botnet

your better off using cellular at this point

Attached: 1567544994793.png (514x355, 198K)

just install a VPN adblock app

wifidocs.wrdsb.ca/privacy-faqs/

This is required to use the WIFI networks at my school. Macbooks and iPhones are required to install a system profile that allows them to connect

They are blocked by the firewall

get a Nokia

Attached: Nokia81104G_Hero-phone-optimised.png (360x770, 41K)

You should just go ahead and drop out of high school

installing a literal trojan just to use wifi?

dont install that shit EVER!

Read the
>I still don’t believe you! What should I do?
part, retard.

I had to install clearpass for uni, literally botnet on both pc and phone

Except that network only has about 10 websites whitelisted and I am looking for a way to bypass it

>Macbooks and iPhones are required to install a system profile that allows them to connect
then just do the same in your phone, it's just a certificate and they are compatible with any device

Tell them that you have a Linux machine

And that it's actually running the GNU system.

That has nothing to do with the app, you fucking braindead monkey.
Anyways, underage b&.

Why don't you just do this???

Attached: Screenshot_20190904-000533_Firefox.jpg (1080x585, 221K)

sounds like all it does is install a certificate, install the certificate yourself and drop the app.

they'll be monitoring your traffic still so you might want to set up a home vpn or something

host one on your home pc/ raspberry pi. I have one because all vpn providers are blocked at my job.