Fraudsters deepfake CEO’s voice to trick manager into transferring $243,000

>Fraudsters deepfake CEO’s voice to trick manager into transferring $243,000
LMAO IT HAPPENED
archive.fo/xNx3v

Attached: f4781e6ec26fd1b65d314dfe0dc05a815ef26505.jpg (796x398, 34K)

cyberpunk 2077 here we fucking go!!

deepfake political "leaks" when
can't wait for this shit, it will be total chaos

>can't wait
same

Why didn't the aspies here do something like this to moneymax? You losers boast about using Linux and coding and custom ROMs and still bitch about being unemployed or wagies

The days of video and audio evidence in court are over
Now what

I hate to be that guy but I would think cryptography or (sorry) the Blockchain could do something about this.

Because they're stupid and incompetent.
Most of them run Windows anyway, not Linux.

because there's a 90% chance unless you live in belarus the next step after "defraud disney" is "federal prison"

You sound like my mom telling me I should be a piano player after watching me touch type

lol no

In the future you will use your dickprint to authenticate

You will check the blockchain every time you get a call from your boss?

>advanced deep fake technology
>used on a fucking phone call
i can barely recognize my own mom's voice on a phone call. that shit gets passed through a billion lines and filters before it actually reaches the other end. you could just hire some hobo who vaguely sounds like the CEO and the same effect would be achieved.

i just wanted to make obama say racist things and laugh.
>As it turns out, the funds the CEO transferred to Hungary were eventually moved to Mexico and other locations. Authorities are yet to determine the culprits behind the cybercrime operation.
don't bank transfers take a few days? i'm so confused, is the money system really that easy to hack?

that's already happened. the fake Trump pussy tapes was a test run.

oh boy reminds me how when photoshop came out, they completely ruled out photos as evidence too

it seems plausible actually, like who would be recording that conversation anyway? but I guess if there were deepfake signatures to look for in the audio, someone would have noticed by now

No proof whatsoever. Literal fake news.

nice

Any company with a system that allows a CEO to take that much money through a single phone call without any further verification is either run by idiots or involved in shady dealings anyway.

Shit like this has gone on for far longer, people have impersonated others tons of times.

>implying there'll be people with penises left in the future

bet you like dick in the mouth. you seem to be overly zealous with putting things there faggot.

Attached: baron-von-faggot.gif (480x640, 3.36M)

remember when canon hired an "expert" to testify in court that EXIF data could not be faked?

wow thats pretty crazy. It has been well known that the CEO is normally the weakest link in the chain regarding cybersecurity.

Kudos

LEL

>Now what
Elites, pedos, politicians and (((combination of whole three))) become even more untouchable

Lmao what the fuck kind of backwater company has such an unregulated expenditure process?
>bill comes into finances department
>digitize if neccessary
>load into expenditure workflow
>pennypinchers forward the workflow to department/ person who got billed or is responsible for the area of the particular billed goods / services
>recipent checks for correctness and signs bill as "factually correct, authorized"
>sends workflow back to finances department
>finances authorize payment
There's a fucking ISO covering this.
Also you need to make it abundantly clear that no one (including the CEO), not even the pope, is allowed to sidestep this process. As CEO. Personally to your employees. And if there's ever a mail or call from anyone asking you to sidestep the process, you are explicitly instructed to ignore, hang up and report.

>dude messes up really bad
>blames it on "super advanced ai" to save face
they probably could've used miku's voice and he'd transfer the money all the same

>faking that something was faked
we need to go deeper

It's quite simple to be honest. CEO has some private key. When he makes a call, his phone automatically creates a signature on the blockchain confirming it's him.
Or you can just use only verified devices like Riot.

Is it possible to learn this power?

Attached: possibletolearnthispower.jpg (480x462, 23K)

that scary thing is that people are willingly embracing this skynet future of digital fakery & new age VR.
>william gibson was right

Did they get away with it?

Now we get a big push for unforgeable RFID tokens embedded under people's skin. (((They))) don't want to lose the surveillance state.

these fakes can be detected you know

The company most likely already had a problem with the higher ups skimping off with a thousand bucks from the corperate fund every month or so.

Or it was a temporary investment and the CEO was gonna bail and liquefy it all.

not from a chinese cartoon visual board

lolwut?

True. The blockchain could give everyone a verifyable ID.

But then again, the manager could also have called the boss back to verify the transaction.
And in my business the managers can only prepare payments, but not execute them.

yes but it's very risky once you actually have the money. you need to basically have a stolen identity and bank account, which is not hard by any means but chances you're going to run into a fed while learning the right stuff to do is not zero

If it was international it wasn't ach and while swift shit takes days I'm sure there's a parlance afforded to major players who probably take on the risk with full awareness of why conducting business like this would be risky.

Yeah thank for your participation retard but do you think they did it using an AI ?

we did it reddit

>why isn't security perfect?
Because nobody wants to step on the boss' toes. This sort of thing happens with email phishing all the time.

underrated

Attached: 1563231754127.jpg (438x576, 40K)

Based I hope this happens more and more fuck big corporate shills