What certification are you studying for right now?

What certification are you studying for right now?

Comptia A+ here

Attached: cool pool.jpg (880x1240, 553K)

Other urls found in this thread:

certification.comptia.org/certifications/a
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

CCNA I guess
Im too much a brainlet for even basic shit like this though

Attached: A8D7A37A-4086-441A-8B0F-B087864356CA.jpg (658x901, 53K)

A+ and Net+ in school

Attached: 1566310109166.jpg (401x577, 189K)

I was gonna go for the CCNA after im done with A+ and see if I like working in IT. I don't know if I will go past CCNA though. Maybe I will go into development instead or something now that I learn javascript or python everyday

EMT Basic

PLC, git on my level casuals

Attached: 1566966880403.jpg (1920x1357, 339K)

HAHAHAHA OP THINKS A CERTIFICATION MATTERS, IF YOU ARE READING THIS AND YOU BELIEVE THAT A CERTIFICATION WILL GIVE YOU SOMETHING, YOUR BRAIN IS DAMAGED BY THE COCKS YOU SUCK EVERYDAY. ALSO CUTTING YOUR OWN COCK DOESN'T TRANSFORM YOU IN A REAL GIRL, YOU ARE JUST A MALE WITHOUT A COCK!

Not really a cert but SANS SEC555. Paid for by my employer

lol

no

Attached: 2019-09-03-203700_442x127_scrot.png (442x127, 9K)

Can't decide whether to go for CCENT or just the full CCNA

Currently have A+ and Net+ and an associate's degree

Attached: 1567405272929.jpg (342x430, 44K)

RHCSA because I want that comfy 6 figure job that I automate most of and chill for a few more years.

AWS Solutions Architect Professional

i'm just building real world experience at my job which will later pay for my CISSP once i quality in 4 years.

I don't have any other qualifications or shit, so i'm pretty set if i don't get fired.

Tell that to my job that gave me a raise for getting a Security+ certification. I'm making $25/h just sitting around and occasionally reading reports from the various auditing software I have automated.

Who hurt you, bluepilled user?

Attached: wacky_sales_guy.jpg (500x500, 130K)

MSCS :^)

You poor bastard. Rethink your life.

Attached: Texas-Paramedic-Color-New-Emblem.jpg (1000x1297, 148K)

Going for CCNA.
Currently specializing in networking at my uni. We have a pretty nice Cisco lab there.

I take my AWS cert exam in two weeks. VERY hype boys.

ISTQB

certification of my ass i make 90k a year bitches

Penis licker certifications hehe xD
Lik my dik top lollers :DD

Attached: 1566871181509.jpg (640x512, 53K)

the CCENT is getting bopped in February
get the CCNA

this

Is IT even worth it in 2019? I've heard that entry level IT workers make barely more than I do at my menial low paying warehouse job, and the pay for that second level of IT work doesn't seem very impressive, either.

Not that I'm planning on going into it. I'd rather be a developer than an administrator.

Don't listen to anonymous strangers on Jow Forums telling you what they make a year.

I'm sure there's a handful of people out of every 100 with really really well paid jobs, but 99% of pay-talk is horseshit.

>he thinks you cant move up
I dont get why people who work in factories, trades, and low level shit with no advancement think youre gonna stay at lower level IT jobs

because upwards mobility is an unattainable after-thought to most wagies.

I have 5 years of exp and make 80k with no degree. It helps not being a tard.

Unskilled warehouse jobs have low pay largely because the number of people who are both capable and willing to load trucks greatly exceeds the number of truck loaders that the company needs. It's a buyer's market. IT doesn't have the price modifiers of "you have to employ an army of them", "they don't necessarily have debt", and "they don't expect to be paid a professional's wage". The fact that you're not even making a lower middle class wage as an entry level IT worker is a pure over-saturation problem. IT workers are having such trouble getting their foot in the door that they're willing to take anything that pays more than McDonalds.

If I didn't have a path in mind and was just looking to pick up a skill to increase my earning potential, I'd become an electrician, welder, or plumber instead of an admin. I hear that they're having trouble replacing their aging workforce because nobody wants to do it. In the current economy, you probably stand a better chance at getting those six figures from the trades.

>go into trades
>body is wrecked by the time you get good pay
>go into IT
>body is fine even though it might take longer to succeed

wait what do you do?

In an over-saturated market, there are going to be armies of people who never really move up, and others who get pushed out entirely. You see it with traditional admins. They're 50 years old and are getting the same paychecks that they got when they were 25 adjusted for inflation. The fact that entry level workers make roughly the same as a box packer should set off alarm bells that the market is extremely competitive, meaning that there are a lot of losers. You might not even have a career ahead of you in IT.

>body is wrecked

A physical job doesn't doom you to the wheelchair, and in a seller's market, there's plenty of potential to take your experience from the field to the desk when you start getting old. Just hit the gym and practice good body mechanics and you'll be okay.

>everything is fucked except the trades
why even bother trying to do anything you like then?

I recently got my A+ and I'm working on my Net+ and CCENT right now. If I can finish my CCENT before December I'll try to finish my CCNA by Feb deadline.

>first world problems

People have things that they need and limited resources to give, and not everybody gets to have their dream job. There aren't very many people who dream of fixing toilets, but you'd definitely be willing to voluntarily part with a decent chunk of your hard-earned resources for a plumber if your toilet were leaking out and making your living space smell like feces. You think that you should be an IT worker instead of a plumber? Okay, but keep in mind that this means that you're expecting the plumber to part with his resources to pay you, even if it's through the proxy of him paying more to buy a product that the company that signs your checks was involved in getting to the market. Should he be required to pay more for his lunch meat or whatever solely because it would be great for you if employers hired more IT people and paid them more? I think that it's pretty clear that either you or the other guy needs to fuck off to someplace where there's a market shortage that needs to be filled.

With all of the utopian nonsense that's floating around lately, people need to understand that a strong economy is built on win-wins where people are fulfilling each other's needs, and some people are going to have to take jobs that wouldn't be their first choice. You can and should try for something that sounds fun to you (it's probably a sign that you have at least a bit of talent in the field), but you should also know when it's time to leave for the sake of pursuing the bottom line. Don't waste your life on a dead end. You're not going to get younger.

Nursing

Attached: 019-oh-zzzzip-rustle-welcome-home-master-you-wanna-have-8393177.png (500x795, 190K)

>be miserable cause you weren't born in the right place and time
>first world problem
sounds like a problem every level of economic standing has

CCNA, but I'm waiting for the rework.

This makes me feel claustraphobic

You have to dive under the water at the end and swim a hundred yards through a narrow underwater hallway with corners every 25 yards in order to escape!

get ready to troubleshoot a flash version of windows that only has most of the normal functionality removed

PhD

>bicycles
gib back Jamal

How much "cooldown" time is necessary if you fail a CCENT/CCNA exam? A month? or something else?

Not worth it, they changed way too much and added shit from specialized CCNAs. Unless you're afraid of RIP and EIGRP lol

CEH because I got a free voucher.
I hear that it's both worthless and great depending on the employer.

It kind of reminds me of a Portal map (except you died in the fluid goo).

I'm busy with other shit for the rest of the year, so the wait isn't particularly voluntary.

A systems admin but with fancier titles.

Neither, get the Sec+ so you can get secret clearance for govt gigs.

MD100 kill me now

>body is fine after sitting at a desk for 8/hrs a day for 30 years

I'm fat and you will be too.

that's why you use a nice chair with good posture (herman miller, steelcase, etc) and do cardio/yoga.

OCP. No I'm not Indian.

you dont need any studying for that, just get a jub and learn it first hand

i was searching for this.
this is the end of last chamber where you escape

Yeah. All of this.
Instead of
>robots do what no one wants to do
>people do whatever the fuck they want to do
Capitalism sure was a good idea.

Same here. Need to get it over with since I've been studying for more than a year and keep taking the time off.

What was exams? How long you have been studying for? Brief history be nice

CCNA for the lols
i hate cisco now

>studying
>A+
nigga that shit is so easy

Okay, let's follow your scenario and allow people to do whatever the fuck they want to do, supplemented by wealth seized by the mob. Until we've developed sufficiently advanced AI, we need someone to pull iron out of the ground in order to even begin using it to build robots. Why would anyone take that job over, say, writing a blog or working on cars?

>We could have a committee that decides who writes blogs and who mines iron.

So you've taken a society where everyone has a chance to take as many swings at their dreams as they please and made it so that a few people (who are totally all-wise and incorruptible; the cozy jobs won't go to their inner circle, we promise) get to decide the fates of everybody else using the guns of the state. You've also made it so that people can't plug market shortages of their own volition, or test if a market exists, thus making resource distribution significantly less efficient. And not only that, but you've eliminated the profit motive of financial success and replaced it with the profit motive of putting in as little work as possible and falsifying the records; profit doesn't disappear only communism, it only moves from incentives that are good for society to incentives that are bad for society. You've killed the carrot, and you only have the stick. Why do people starve under communism? Why does it always cause levels of death and suffering that are outright incomprehensible? I don't understand!

>We have billionaires! You can't get less efficient than that!

We have billionaires without Zimbabwe levels of inflation because we're constantly growing the pie by producing things that people want and need while minimizing inefficiencies like having two IT workers when the company only needs one. Good capital investment vs. consumer spending is an important distinction. Most of the money that those billionaires have go into the former and grow the economy rather than inflate the currency.

I'm thinking of just starting at sec+, is this a bad idea?
I have a degree in business but changed my mind

sec+ is great and can get you a comfy government job
don't stagnate afterwards though

>Comptia A+
I honestly expected better for someone browsing Jow Forums
A+ is literally the basic of all basics you can learn about computers

>xD
defend this right now

Attached: file.png (846x305, 20K)

Oscp

still most of Jow Forums dosent know any computer basics also 70% of CS students

I was going the same path. The only thing that really trips me up is subnetting. The simple class c ones I can do, just the math on calculating class B's or C's is impossible to get accurately for me

I'm looking into IT because I have a friend who works from home doing these things called maintenances. Sounds easy as fuck.

>state
That's your first mistake, user.

Attached: Bakunin_Nadar.jpg (502x670, 114K)

Working on Pentest+ as part of my OSCP prep and in hopes that an employer will be more likely to pay for my OSCP if I have it. I want a sort of stretch goal for myself like getting an Associate's while working on your Bachelor's. Also, I impulse bought a voucher to make myself study so there's no turning back.

Watch the Professor Messer 7 second subnetting (or whatever it's called) video and just use the table. If you just memorize how to make and use the table then subnetting will be way easier and you won't have to really think much about it.

AWS Solutions Architect Pro

Studied for ~1 month. I actually use AWS and I'm literally MENSA certified 156IQ so I don't have to worry about it. I feel bad for normal people and wish I could experience the thrill of failing a test.

>inb4 larper
ok

Isn't being a system admin generally shit? Is that why so many people on here larp about how amazing it is?

>make 30k-40k per year 50k MAX
>always on call.
>no paid overtime
>takes forever to move up

If youre making time for yoga, youre not going to go anywhere in CS, get out of here while pageet steals your hours from you

>70% of CS students
Lmao this
So many of these slow fucks cant even go through their fucking directories to start their assignments. I cant believe how many people are being scamed into thinking they have a future in comp sci

Is this fucking preschool?

All I can think when I see pictures like this is how shit it'd be to clean

CCNP, studying route right now cause its the biggest one. Shame the actual test has a big focus on retarded shit like frame relay.

Not scammed. Just Google Computer Science jobs. Plenty require a B.Sc. If all you want to do is install, configure or integrate then a certification is probably ok.

Find a method that you're most comfortable with and then just practice over and over.

sec+, finishing up professor messers videos today and gonna take the test monday

i got out of the trade to get into IT and now you have me worried

>dont stagnate afterwards
what do you mean?

where the fuck do you live that have wages that low

for what purpose, to earn 50k? fucking waste. Become a code monkey, easy 90k at least.

AutoCAD draftsman

Am I making a mistake?

where is this 50k meme coming from

certification.comptia.org/certifications/a