Chrome Cucks

>it's a laptop!
>But it only runs a single browser and its extensions!
>Nevermind it costs the same as a laptop that can do everything this can and MUCH more
>It's got a fancy name , just buy it, goy!

Why the FUCK would anyone buy a Chromebook? There is NO reason to choose it over windows 10, literally none. Also it is being shilled by sodomy advocate and Global Warming expert Bill Nye for some reason.

Attached: google-switch-to-chromebook.jpg (1600x800, 116K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mrchromebox.tech/firmware-util.sh
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>costs the same
"No". The entire point of Chromebooks are being cheap and if you're paying over $250, you're fucking retarded.

Maybe you haven't looked at chromebooks lately, but a decent one with an ok screen and 32GB of ssd is about $400. For that much money you can get a FHD windows 10 laptop with 8GB RAM, backlit keys, etc...

Yeah you can get a $200 chromebook but there are laptops at that price range too, and all of the original criticism apply in that price bracket too.

Windows 10
>prone to tons of issues
>resource heavy
>battery life is sub 4 hours at best due to the hardware and resource usage
>horrible choice for college students and old people who just need a device that fucking works
OR
Chromebook/Chrome Device
>Literal Gentoo Linux fork of an OS that fits on a sub 9GB drive
>Fantastic overall security
>12+ hour battery life
>Every single model of Chromebook is flash based memory vs slow as fuck mechanical HDD
>the average Chromebook is 11.6" to 12.1" so a 768p screen doesn't look like shit compared to the average 15.6" garbage
>Android app capabilities and cross play with Android devices that require almost nothing to set up.
>Literally the epitome of "fire and forget" device. Just werks.

I own a 2015 Toshiba Chromebook 2 that I bought for $280 brand new and I also own a clapped out Thinkpad T420. I use the Chromebook 99% of the time because I don't need crazy computing power on the go that couldn't wait until I got home to my Xeon based desktop.

Excellent Sandeep, our marketing strategy is working flawlessly. I've deposited your earnings for this post in your Google Play balance, but do remember your quota for the day.

>I have no actual rebuttal so I'm just going to shit post

The reason why Windows is more resource heavy is because it is capable of more. Just because you can get away with using Google docs and some Android paint app doesn't mean that there is a use case for someone who only has a laptop and needs real programs like Microsoft Office and a decent image editor. You're also underestimating the average Wangblows laptop battery life, maybe you bought a shitty one like my dad (got the cheapest laptop at walmart).

>battery life
where is this meme coming from? Who's away from a plug more than 4 hrs per day, especially at work? If you believe the battery life bull shit you'd think most people are taking their fucking laptop into the jungle every day or something.

LOL

You're making an argument that doesn't need to be made. I'm not saying laptops overall are worthless in of Chromebooks. I'm saying that if your use case doesn't need the extra capabilities of the laptop, why bother? If having the full blown MS office suite rather than the Android variant and having a proper video/photo editor on the go is important, it's clear that Chromebooks aren't for you. Literally every single person complaining about Chromebooks are people who were never going to buy one in the first place. It's like going to the car dealership and complaining that a 2 door hatch exists, and that a pickup truck can do so much more! Why does the hatch even exist?! It's fucking stupid.

And no, battery life on cheap Windows laptops are atrocious. Notice I said CHEAP. If you're one of those idiots dropping $1200 on a Chromebook, you're a mouth breathing fool. $250 and below is the sweet spot for Chromebooks. They're fantastic for kids and old people who don't know what they're doing with tech and usually infest their Windows machine with malware. There's a reason Chromebooks are taking over schools all over the nation. They're cheap, easy to use, and they even make network administration tools to govern 100+ at a time.

based and redpilled

The entire point of a laptop is mobility. And who is using this thing for work? Chromebooks are pushed towards college students and students overall whose use case doesn't go far beyond taking notes, browsing the web, and checking email. Yet again, ANOTHER idiot who doesn't know why ChromeOS exists and is criticizing what they've never even used.

you can install other linux distros on them iirc

Excellent my dear Sandeep, you're SLAYING in this thread. We are unstoppable with your posting ability and our money. Feel free to take a 5 minute break. But make sure if anyone else dares to disparage the good name of Chromebook, that you are there to oppose them.

>makes thread asking about Chromebooks
>receives info that goes against their shitposting
>shit posts more
Cool. Good thread.

>feel free to take a 5 minute break
LMAO. I wonder if there are paid shills on this board sometimes, but who knows.
That's not really a fair comparison, because there are advantages to the hatchback/truck that are unique to it. Not so with the chromebook. You can get a $250 laptop and just use chrome if that's really all you need. But nobody really needs Google spying on their life 24/7.

>nobody really needs Google spying on their life 24/7.
and yet many people are willing to throw away that privacy for convenience.

For $400 you might as well just get a surface go

>imagine being in target demographic marketing firms think they are appealing to when they hire bill nye as a spokesman.

Attached: smug.png (448x395, 261K)

Chromebooks are perfect for normies. Shit screens, shit keyboards, shit everything. They trap idiots in their own little digital hell because they're too goddamn lazy to learn enough about computers to make something 100x better than a chromebook out of a deprecated business laptop.

chromebook pixel had a good screen but everything else about it was shit.

ten bucks says its a reused tablet panel.

What does Jow Forums say about something like this? $45 and beat to shit, but might be decent for watching Youtube vids on the go and what not. Only concern of mine is that I read somwhere that Chromebooks stop getting OS updates after a certain period of time and these chromebooks probably are past that date.

Attached: chroebook.png (1150x700, 378K)

You can install linux on them

Attached: a7a6551.jpg (500x434, 23K)

high dpi and touchscreen, so I'd wager you might be right.

thanks google marketing team. very useful informations

it already has linux out of the box
????????????????????????????

can 't just chrome, might into be Linux?

the hardware is very decent for the price. pull the write-protect screw, stick a 32G sd card in, and install arch on it for a $250 laptop with 12 hours battery life. i love my chromebook.

this is not a facial expression i would describe as smug.

I buy them for my mom, and with the google shared drive it's easy as fuck to setup so she can see her phone pictures on her chrome top and chromebook.

I do agree they are over glorified web browsers, but for a throw away laptop for browsing shit in bed they really are not that bad.

get one with an intel processor

my POS $200 chromebook has a debian terminal built in to the os itself that supports x programs (i use terminator as my main terminal) and is really quite speedy for what it is. would recommend to anyone who wants a portable programming machine my dude

A non autist on my Jow Forums?

>autist who gets triggered by windows
>non autist
what did user mean by this

Thats just getting fucked in the ass with extra steps and you doing all the work to make sure the top finishes. What do you get? A bunch of wasted time and no ability to sit down.

Attached: 1564179135837.png (326x250, 33K)

it's the most secure thing out there, gentoo fork where the system is read only and everything runs in virtual containers. It was forked into redhats CoreOS secure VM host because it's so good. Also it's designed by the same team at google that discovered heartbleed, Spectre, meltdown, and lots of others. If you manage to persistently hack it even with local access it google will give you $100k, nobody has done it in years

Also that 10-20 hour battery life is amazing. Don't recommend it if you're trying to be sneaky but if you're trying to secure your bank/shopping/cc/crypto trading from criminals it's a smart choice

>where is this meme coming from? Who's away from a plug more than 4 hrs per day, especially at work? If you believe the battery life bull shit you'd think most people are taking their fucking laptop into the jungle every day or something.
user, you're just trying to cope with your shitty battery life.

how can you justify a chromebook when laptops like this exist at these prices?

Attached: asus vivobook.png (1540x764, 237K)

>Windows 10
>4GB of ram

kek

students don't have plug access for the majority of their classes. maybe 1 plug per 2 rows of seats. i've seen kids bring power strips just for some juice

>keeping windows on it
stop hitting yourself

My local Microcenter has the Asus Vivobook with
>AMD R3-2200U
>8GB DDR4-2400MHz
>128GB SSD
>1080p IPS screen
>AC WiFi
>USB-C
It's $300 brand new. Good deal?

>There is NO reason to choose it over windows 10
It's better than Windows 10. Every OS is better than Windows.

Hell yeah that's a good deal

>Global Warming expert Bill Nye for some reason
It's a perfect fit. Both involve selling bullshit to retards.

Mine pulls only 10 watts when fully charged. Also mine cost only $125. So if looking for off grid charging/usage they are good for that.

My Lenovo and HP laptops pull 3 to 5 times as much power.

>Global warming expert
Bill Nye is a Mechanical Engineer that hasn't worked in the field since 1986, or 33 years. Keep in mind that he's 63 years old, and its safe to assume that he spent at least 12 years in Primary education and 4 years in college, plus at least 5 years before entering school.

If you do the math, that's 63-33-12-4-5. At best, he spent 14.3% of his life being an engineer, and that 14.3% occurred over 30 years ago.

The man is in no way any sort of scientific expert. He is an entertainer that happened to be an engineer, but stopped almost a decade before the internet was anything resembling relevant.

I'd say you have a point when it comes to absolute normies who just watch videos and stuff.
But I wouldn't recommend it to students as while google docs is ok, I would never recommend it over MS office.

-Remove Write Protect screw
-Under ChromeOS, this script must be run from a crosh shell (CTRL+ALT+T, 'shell', enter) or VT2 (CTRL+ALT+F2, login 'chronos')
-cd; curl -L -O mrchromebox.tech/firmware-util.sh && sudo bash firmware-util.sh
-Choose Install/Update Custom coreboot Firmware (Full ROM)

You can now install GalliumOS (Loonix) and wipe BotnetOS like on any other laptop.

Enjoy your Linuxbook.

Confirmed to work on the Asus C302.

Even if he were the best mechanical engineer in the world with 50 years of professional experience, that wouldn't make him qualified to recommend a computer.

Attached: Bill 1.png (500x423, 263K)