You literally can't explain how a tiny wafer filled with sand can do millions of calculations per second

You literally can't explain how a tiny wafer filled with sand can do millions of calculations per second

Attached: AMD Ryzen 2400G Delidding Guide Step 14_678x452.jpg (678x546, 77K)

It can be explained but I do not know enough to explain it.

Because it contains thousands of tiny electrical circuits that allow for basic logic gates, and then more complex programming is built out of that.

>on or off
there explained it

because smart jews made it and we should always trust the jewish people in their noble crusade against palestine

Pretty easy:

1- A transistor is an electronic switch. Can be turned on/off.
2- A calculation can be done by having a group of transistors switched on/off.
3- A CPU is many transistors.

Unless I am mistaken, that is pretty much it for an explanation. Is there anything that I am missing?

/thread

this
op is a fucking retard

its magic
i aint gotta explain shieeeet

alens bruh

The grains of sands makes a lightbulb and a certain combo light bulbs translates into a message

It's like Morse code but with a billion codes

Attached: 91yQTDkFEBL._SY450_.jpg (315x450, 42K)

Explaining how transistors, logic gates, ALU, etc work to do calculations isn't that hard. What's hard is understanding how complex code is actually executed on those things to achieve modern computing.

tpbp

When will we make analog chips where it's not just on/off, but based on continuity of voltages? Digital/binary chips are crap which were originally developed for war.

Transistors are analog. Pretty much every transistor made to date has been an analog device.

isn't LVDS based on that?

>Pretty much every transistor made to date
Ah, you're one of those pretending to understand. Do you know what "continuous" means?

Well, you didn't once use the word continuous, you pathetic low IQ spastic.
Transistors are analog. They don't just turn on and off. In fact there is no true off state, and "on" is a potentially infinite number of steps between any two points.
You asked a retarded question.
You got an answer.
You continued to shit the bed like a retard.

Not that user, but also a low IQ spastic. Isn't the work around that they have varying levels which are treated as logical highs and lows to simulate a digital system?

We treat everything other than pseudo off as being on so long as its switching reliably because its the easiest and fasted way to perform logic. Translating this change in states in a group of N and P gates is lower power per op for most simple operations.
You have to get into pure academic autism to find situations where a Trinary or other base logic system would have lower net power if all else were equal.

I wasn't aware transistors were continuous like our neurons already, sorry.

CPUs are a highly dense area of order and complexity that was never supposed to happen and it feels like it should rip a hole in space its so orderly. Something went wrong to allow integrated circuits to come to fruition and I'm sure its unsustainable.

but thats the easy part. That literally thought in the first 5 min of any cs class or youtube video.

Relax schizo, take your pills and you'll see how dumb you're being.

OP's pic is an AMD chip and they're not made in Israel, fucktard.

It's not filled with sand you retard
that's like saying sapphires are made of aluminum

It's processed sand.

Why is that tiny wafer filled with sand covered in a corrosive liquid?

isn't it more like millions?

Sapphires are made of aluminum you can literally make one by crystallizing molten aluminum.

I can't, but that's mostly because it's been ages since I took the class where it was explained to me, and I haven't needed to think about it since.

quantum shit makes the sand a semiconductor that makes it a switch. The switches make up logic gates that make up the ALU and cache.

im procrastinating on actual homework so I'll type something up:
we can use NMOS and PMOS transistors to act as switches. if there is voltage at the gate pin to get it to be in the active region and have a flow of current from drain to source. (electron source but we measure current by positive charge carriers so the names are odd imo).
Now we have a switch that we can control via voltage.
we can set these up in some ways to create logic gates. most popular is NAND because we can stack the gates in different ways with other gates of the same kind and create a full logic set ( look it up on your own if you want).
these days the chip designers use hardware description language to code up configurations for processors. certain architectures follow similar outlines. program counter, register file, ALU, etc are pipelined. instead of putting transisors back to back on their own designers use libraries to do this for them.
then in the tools used for the language certain technologies are implemented based on the given code by another set of engineers.
you can code a processor up and have the synthesis program figure out the optimization part based on stuff the program was given.
if its verified all and good it gets sent to a foundry where machines & chemicals make the connections the designer+synthesis put together.
they cut the die out from the material. test. throw out bad ones.
repeat cycle

the system has a base instruction set. adding from register A to register B and outputing to C. low level languages deal with this. you can make a set of system calls as your program and itll do what you said.
keep writting different systemcalls for different things and you get a working kernel. then layer an operating system on top of that with interpreters compilers and so on. then modern computer programs will run at the same level once executed.
spot on
transistors by themselves sure but in chips they're used to make digital logic