Old Apple hate thread

Apple has always been shit, even when Blowjobs was CEO.
Let's take a look at a computer from that era that macfags seem to cream themselves over:
The Power Macintosh G5
>the processor is intentionally made to overheat itself because jobs wanted to make the switch to intel
>the cooling system is so shitty that it breaks itself and the coolant corrodes the motherboard when it leaks into it, which is a very common issue
But yeah, keep trying to convince yourselves that apple only became shit after Steve Apple fucking died of aids.

Attached: 856px-Apple_Power_Macintosh_G5_Late_2005_02.jpg (856x1024, 166K)

Old Apple was based, much better than the competition anyway:

>dell
gay
>hp
fake and gay
>sony
made a few based machines, otherwise gay
>ibm
based but become gay and sold off to the chinks
>commodore
jewed
>wang
chinked
>sgi
extremely jewish in pricing
>sun
even worse than SGI
>etc for everybody else
everybody was gayer than apple

Basically Apple was shit but it was better than other shit, especially once OS X came out. Apple ][ era was based, anybody claiming otherwise is extremely gay and profoundly retarded.

>atari
fake and gay
>compaq
lame
>tandy
lame and gay and fake

Do you see here? Apple haters are the lamest of Jow Forums tards.

MS tried to clone Mac OS and has been trying to clone it for decades and they just end up with a clunky fake n gay knockoff.

imagine hating apple so much you are nostalgic for hating them back in the day, lmao seek help OP

>Tandy- cheap home systems with expansion
>Compaq- One of if not the first IBM clones, along with potability

Whats your problem with Tandy and Compaq

Attached: 8a875ddd912b6ad63f4e38ad236f71ef.jpg (1200x798, 82K)

all apple fans hate apple, it's part of being an apple fan

apple fans hated apple in the 80s, 90s, 2000s, and it only became fashionable for everybody to hate apple in the last decade or so but all apple fans have always hated apple

tandy was shit for flying off the rez and compaq was producing shit computers after the mid 90s at the latest

Flying off the rez? like the resolution? I guess due to the price they couldn't fit the 80 columns in but I haven't heard anything about the resolution

and yeah I agree with your latter statement. I was talking about there early years, reason Compaq went to trash was because its a division of HP or was bought by them, something like that.

Fun fact about the Tandy trs-80 model 4, they didn't stop selling them till 1993

i weighed this case it was 40 fucking pounds.

>Flying off the rez? like the resolution? I guess due to the price they couldn't fit the 80 columns in but I haven't heard anything about the resolution
No I meant they bucked a lot of standards and Tandy would have been better served by cloning some or another system. It had shit for software because it was like the budget version of a home computer, but it didn't have widespread adoption either compared with IBM and compatibles, Apple, or even niche computers like the Amiga (which was niche).

>and yeah I agree with your latter statement. I was talking about there early years, reason Compaq went to trash was because its a division of HP or was bought by them, something like that.
Yep, I think the brand actually survives to this day, selling chink OEM machines.

>Fun fact about the Tandy trs-80 model 4, they didn't stop selling them till 1993
The whole reason Radio Shack sold Tandy computers was because RS was insolvent and Tandy, which had a good entry in the very earliest generations of home computers, then managed to capitalize and buy out RS essentially as a way to have a wide distribution network. Lots of people bought Tandys because the Radio Shack guy talked them into it.

Another interesting footnote / dead end in home computing, thing is I don't know if there's even any historically unique or important software for Tandy. What was the killer app for Tandy? Nobody knows...

Last Macs to be designed and built before Jobs returned to Apple. They were very reliable.

Attached: PowerMac G3 Original.jpg (320x224, 11K)

No one bought the liquid cooled quads, faggot.
The quads were closer to 50. Even the Intel Mac Pros are close to 40, things are tanks.

Tandy bought Radio Shack around 1962, so that doesn't sound right

>Apple has always been shit,
This.

Attached: 1543405813906.png (686x955, 468K)

MACBOOMERS BTFO

Attached: 1559251401666.gif (500x281, 1.6M)

I've got one.l and pretty much only use it as an underdesk table. My sister gave it to me along with some older macs. They're not really too useful for much for me, not even this g5 because it's powerPC.
The case is nice though.

Forgot pic

Attached: IMG_20190903_211737.jpg (1258x1691, 1.31M)

>>sgi
>extremely jewish in pricing
>>sun
>even worse than SGI
Shut up poorfag. SGI made the best Unix workstations to have ever existed on God's green fucking Earth.

I wanna get one of the late 90s/early 2000s Apple computers because they did have a cool aesthetic back then

>dell
>gay
pick one, and only one.

based

Outriggers are fucking awful, people only think they're good because they're beige.

>>Tandy- cheap home systems with expansion
Wat, TRS-80s were expensive as fuck and not really that expandable at all, definitely not compared to an S-100 machine or PC.

I've got two of those Model 1s, the "expansion units" are just a big black box integrating a disk controller and a few basic interfaces, and not much else.

The machines were nice but he's not wrong, the pricing was fucking horrible. $35,000 for a big space heater that couldn't even handle textured 3D without another $15,000 option on top of it that still gave you less texture memory to work with than a shitty $100 3D accelerator on a PC. Workstation vendors exploited the shit out of their captive audiences, that's why they're all dead.

>Amiga (which was niche).
US poster, I guess?

This. If you actually used one turning the time and also owned a PC, you could clearly say that it was less shit in every way.

Except the OS. Too bad A/UX 4.0 never got off the ground.

>the processor is intentionally made to overheat itself because jobs wanted to make the switch to intel
Kek, sure thing bud
>the cooling system is so shitty that it breaks itself and the coolant corrodes the motherboard when it leaks into it, which is a very common issue
Only the ones with Delphi pumps, the Panasonic ones are fine

>>the processor is intentionally made to overheat itself because jobs wanted to make the switch to intel
this post may be bait but I have seen others unironically shit this same point out in other threads and it still boggles me to fuck and back how anyone could believe this garbage

obsessed

baste

Didn't school start up again for you last week?

The G3 was designed just when Jobs came back. The case designs were reused from older models, though.
I'm still mad he canned the 9700. A G3 with six expansion slots would've been killer.
But as it stands, the 9600 is the last Mac with more than four expansion slots. At least until the 2019 Mac Pro gets released.

Percussive maintenance through the ages.

bass

b&r

this

basalt

Outriggers can take a 1GHz G4 upgrade, a Radeon 9200, two other expansion cards, three hard drives and a 5¼" ODD, all while being cooled by a single fan (which admittedly isn't very silent unless you replace it with a modern one).
I want to see any of the G4s do this.
Outriggers are certainly not the best cases, but they're far from awful.

basted

Seethe more ;)

Posted from my comfy late 2005 2.3 GHz. No leakage, no overheating.

Attached: deskopG5.png (1280x1024, 1.23M)

Blasted.

Satanichia got big tiddies.

DELET

I hate how my family prefers applel over samsung. Get me off of this garbage phone anyway that I have.

Attached: Rin_2.png (784x720, 525K)

out of the holly trinity, there was the PET the Apple ][, and the TRS-80. TRS-80 was the cheapest of them all. I messed up on it being expandable, I remember something to do with a slot inside the add-on box. Also PCs didn't exist yet (1982), and build your own S-100 computers were a thing of the past, I mean come on its 1977, get with the times.

I'm just joking on that last part, some company were still making S-100, I seem to remember seeing, I think it was DC system? I might have made that up

It's okay, user, I'm sure your family hates you, too.

The case is brilliant, with a few mods and a bit of effort you can put an ATX motherboard in one, I did with mine, threw in a 9900k and build a bitching hackintosh

B

>I want to see any of the G4s do this.
But I mean, they do. For all of the time and money I would blow on kitting out any of my Outrigger G3s to that kind of standard I could just as easily have a loaded 1.0DP Quicksilver or 1.42DP MDD with two processors of equivalent or faster speed + upgrade potential, double the RAM and bus speed with higher maximum capacity, graphics chipsets superior to the 9200 on a faster AGP bus and three free 64-bit PCI slots for U160 SCSI and other I/O, three hard disk trays standard *in addition* to the external 3.5'' that you'd have to sacrifice to get three on an Outrigger, gigabit ethernet and a number of other integrated peripherals you'd have to waste PCI slots on for an Outrigger.

Sure, you can't cool it all with one fan and going from DP 1.42 GHz -> DP 1.8 GHz G4s isn't nearly as impressive as going from a 233 MHz G3 all the way up to a 1 GHz G4, but if we're looking at what it can *do* more than just the novelty of it, I still stand by my assertion that the Outrigger is pretty overrated. The plastics are fragile as fuck, expansion quite disappointing and they're just not as nice to work inside. Still, I'll always keep one around as a bridge box and like it, too.

Attached: indextop02022003.jpg (435x270, 31K)

baste and turkeypilled

The original Mac pro was a fucking hoss. And it was well priced to boot.

The best mac is a Amiga

Yeah, S-100 was still very much alive during the TRS-80's time, it just never had any place in the consumer market. It was for hobbyists and high-end microcomputers like Cromemcos. PCs were just another point of reference, and all things considered were basically still '70s tech through and through anyway.

Attached: Cromemco_Z-2_Systems_at_Chicago_Mercantile_Exchange_(1984).jpg (1714x1215, 1.84M)

>Apple has always been shit
Water is wet, news at 11.

>korean spyware apple
Good on them for saving you from yourself.

better than paying 10X to get cucked by spyOS

Attached: 1558672786736.png (1099x885, 269K)

I just wanted to mention how the thing can be cooled with a single fan, something no G4 with expansion slots can do.
I definitely prefer the G4s too, and I'd use a maxed out MDD over a G3 outrigger (even if I do own one upgraded to such a standard just because) any day.
I'm just saying they aren't awful. For some reason they seem to be very polarizing designs, everyone seems to either love or hate them. I personally think they're OK. Not bad, not good. The amount of expansion is perfectly adequate for a desktop machine, though I'd replace the personality slot for PCI.

With all this said, fuck quicksilvers. Lower memory ceiling than even the Sawtooth, awful PCI card and GPU compatibility and unreliable PSUs. I'll take a Gigabit Ethernet over a QS any day of the week.

Whatabout all you want, you're still a retarded attention seeking sheep.

Figured, nice one liner

Should have figured you just meant the fan part, oh well. I think I have around 10 outrigger desktops at this point from the 7200/75 up to the G3/300 and while they work I just don't find them all that much to write home about. The internal plastics especially for the PCI cage and front panel buttons always get fucked up and the B&W+ design executed the whole fold-out gimmick a little better while being generally more durable and serviceable as well from experience.
>With all this said, fuck quicksilvers. Lower memory ceiling than even the Sawtooth, awful PCI card and GPU compatibility and unreliable PSUs. I'll take a Gigabit Ethernet over a QS any day of the week.
Funny you say that, since my 1.0DP sits on a shelf out in the shed while my 500DP will probably never be far from my main KVM setup, though I didn't really mind it when the L3 cache chips weren't frying themselves. I keep my shit mostly stock or only install add-ons that were available when the machine was released/current, though.

>macshit
Found your problem.

blazed

based and redpilled

gaysed

Take the blackpill:
Everything is garbage. All tech companies suck, and always have. Humans are terrible. It's all just different flavors of shit.
Just pick a lump of shit and swallow already.

ebin

stop samefagging your own shitposts justin

>implying I'd shit up the board with that low quality meme

>Old Apple was based, much better than the competition anyway:

Ahem

Attached: 45261505778764[1].jpg (450x800, 239K)

this but unironically, just pick whatever lumps of shit most appeal to you and don't worry about it
t. HP collector

>HP collector
I really hope you mean calculators and/or PA-RISC machines

>Sgi were Jews
They didn't make toys

all of the above + 68k/Itanium and most pre-Compaq x86, some nicer post-Compaq and anything else that's interesting in some way
sure but he is still right, they were probably the most jewish of them all especially towards the end.

>wintel
Objectively the worst computers ever created.

Attached: spewwy.jpg (680x680, 85K)

someone needs to get out more

Fuck off, toddler.

> Sun
> Worse pricing than SGI
Wanna know how I know you have no idea what you're talking about?

says the zoom zoom who has never seen a legitimately broken architecture in his life

>le zoomer meme
Way to expose yourself, kid. If you were old enough to have any kind of clue in the 90s you would have avoided Wintel like the plague. But you were probably a kid playing with toys on your parent's computer.

if I didn't know you were shitting around a statement this retarded would probably make me seethe, good shit

>my opinions are right because I’m pretending to be old

Get back to the ESL classes, wintoddler.

Tfw zoomers with a couple cumstained PPC macs gathering dust in their closets unironically call you a ""wintoddler"" when you speak from actual experience gained from continued use of HPPA, Itanium and SPARC shit well into current year

Nice LARP. I've been working on RISC workstations longer than you've been alive, kid. If you actually had a job in the 90s you would know I'm not a minority, either. But yeah, enjoy playing with your wintel toy, because that is all it is.

ok mactoddler

Good response, kid.

>t. iPajeem

Resorting to le epic meems? I think we're done here.

ok mactoddler

bassed